Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 51908 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:47:01 »

Always been the same hasn't it, McMahon, Hunt, King, Diamandis, Di Canio and now Power. A lot of people have always tried to disguise the fact they can't be arsed to go as some kind of boycott. Ironically they tend to be the most vocal as well like the Cheltenham fan for example and thrive on negativity so they can preach to the gullible why they don't attend.
"It's not that I can't be arsed, it's because I love the club too much"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #121 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:57:36 »

Our average home league attendance this season is currently 7,321.

We have only had more in attendance than our average 5 times from 14 games, Newport, Plymouth, Cambridge, Bradford and Crewe.

The average away following so far at the County Ground from visiting supporters is 434 (292 if you exlude the Plymouth sell out).

So the home fan attendance average is 6,887.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 18:23:23 »

Some might pick and choose, we have Exeter at home the following week.

Like me, I've chosen Exeter. My uncle and aunt are also going as they are up visiting my dad from Kent.

Apparently Exeter have started selling tickets on SB so should be a big crowd.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #123 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 18:28:49 »

Like me, I've chosen Exeter. My uncle and aunt are also going as they are up visiting my dad from Kent.

Apparently Exeter have started selling tickets on SB so should be a big crowd.
TBF I am not in Swindon this weekend but I am next weekend so I may well attend in person vs Exeter too.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 18:31:10 »

TBF I am not in Swindon this weekend but I am next weekend so I may well attend in person vs Exeter too.

I try and do at least 1 home game a month, I've got Exeter and Scunny lined up for Feb.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #125 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 18:35:56 »

I try and do at least 1 home game a month, I've got Exeter and Scunny lined up for Feb.
Yeah its a difficult when you live about 80+ miles from Swindon, time and cost wise.

To see a home game its 4 hours drive for me there and back or its half hour drive to the nearest station  and 3 hours on a train from Yeovil or 2 hours from Taunton.

Fortunately next week we are staying overnight in Swindon while seeing the granddaughter so I am seeing about taking in the game too.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 21:33:02 »

It is very time consuming and expensive but if you love STFC, it's worth it, isn't it?

Nothing to see here
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 21:59:23 »

I'm more looking forward to tomorrow to see Hope and team than Yates. Purely because of the unknown. It might see an improvement, we might romp in 4 nil and like the crewe game but the doubters to bed for another week.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 23:53:14 »

We can only "Hope" can get a goal or three tomorrow and keep the Red flag flying high.

The four matches I managed to attend in late August and September in person were a total pleasure to watch and brought back some great memories. Eoin Doyle and Jerry Yeates were excellent as was Dion Conroy. Three players that are unlikely to wear Town colours again. Well, not this season anyhow  No 

Why the f@ck does crap luck follow STFC like a black cloud over us Crash 

Still I will be up watching at 4am Sunday morning local time     

COYMR's Smiley   
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 23:57:46 »

If the crowd is down on previous home games then to me this just goes to show we have a group of current supporters that only need a small excuse to not bother and that the swathe of supporters waiting for some forward momentum that Reg insists is waiting in the wings, doesn't exist.

Bear in mind for many it's the last weekend before payday in the month after Christmas. A lot of tightened belts out there
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 11:11:35 »

Rather nervous heading to the game today. 

I'm hopeful that the players will see the unfortunate disappearance of Doyle & Yates as an opportunity to step and be counted.  I thought that Doughty showed signs of that against Crewe.

Equally, hopefully the crowd will also step up, particularly if we start struggling.  Not bothered about the crowd size, better 6,000 really getting behind the team than 8,000 whining.

2-1
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 11:29:38 »

Beating Crewe without Doyle was a big statement game. Beating Vale without Doyle AND Yates would be huge.

3-0 with a couple from Hope would be utterly orgasmic...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 13:16:51 »

Port Vale have not won at Swindon in the last 8 attempts, the last win coming in 2005 when Fallon scored in a 2-1 defeat.

They have only won at Swindon 3 times in 20 games since 1990 with Swindon being victorious on 12 of those occassions.

In those 20 games Port Vale have only scored 16 times, and they came in just 10 of the matches played.

We have by contrast scored 40 times in that sequence, with Town only failing to score in 3 of those fixtures.

In all 42 league matches at the County Ground between the sides Swindon have been the victors 24 times with 10 draws and 9 defeats, Swindon scoring 72 times and PV scoring 34 times. A win ratio of 57%.

Swindon not historically a happy hunting ground for Port Vale through the years with Swindon scoring 6 in a match twice and 5 times in the fixture twice.

PV have only scored 3 goals in the fixture twice, the last time they achieved that was in 1963.

Port Vale ex loanee Montano with the only player with a Swindon Town playing connection at the club currently.

Swindon on the other hand have Anthony Grant who the Vale fans loved for the first season he was with them and then hated him in the 2nd season!
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 14:08:59 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 13:43:05 »

First game I ever saw at The County ground was a dire 0-0 Vs Port Vale. I fear something similar today.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 25, 2020, 13:51:10 »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: