Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68818 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:19:36 »

Anyone who watches this simply cannot agree that it's a red card. The only people I've seen who seemed to think it was were all Cheltenham fans!

Problem is though that even though a simpleton can see that(edit: ha ha, no I wasn't calling you that Tails!), we have the next step down to convince at appeal.

Its not a "video evidence clearly shows.." scenario, it comes down to (incorrect) interpretation. I can't see the powers that be overruling the idiot ref based on interpretation.
kerry red

« Reply #286 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:22:46 »

So why is he not available for the CITY game if we have appealed.

Surely his ban should only start once, and if, the ban is ratified
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #287 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:22:58 »

The best apology they can give the fans is to do the Slavers. I'm still angry about the lack of effort. Don't mind losing but what I do mind is people not putting a shift in like Saturday. They were all crap. Obika and Williams had a contest to see who could trap the ball the furthest. They were all lazy, disinterested and dishonest. The 3rd goal summed it up for me.
We put out our first XI to get through. If I was Power I'd be reading the riot act as this should have been a decent revenue stream. Given last season and this the FA Cup is something the players couldn't care less about. If we get an away draw next season I wonder how many of our fans will bother turning up.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:38:30 »

So why is he not available for the CITY game if we have appealed.

Surely his ban should only start once, and if, the ban is ratified

The appeal will happen in the next day or so, so well before Saturday's game.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:52:42 »

I think the default process is to filter all application letters into an automatic 'No' folder.

Or randomly make up a rule where you get an extra game ban for having the nerve to appeal a terrible decisin a la Douglas's sending off a few years back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 15:58:56 »

Byrne said of the sending off that Wes would have got to the ball first anyway, is that a realistic assesment?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 17:41:46 »

Problem is though that even though a simpleton can see that(edit: ha ha, no I wasn't calling you that Tails!), we have the next step down to convince at appeal.

Its not a "video evidence clearly shows.." scenario, it comes down to (incorrect) interpretation. I can't see the powers that be overruling the idiot ref based on interpretation.

It could be argued that it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity, he's about 10 yards in our half, with at least one centre half running back.  So perhaps an incorrect interpretation.

Of course, this is the FA and we are Swindon, so there's no fucking point appealing anyway.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 17:50:16 »

I was close to walking out at Birmingham when we went 4-1 down - it was my birthday, too.

So I thought 'fuck this, I'm off'. Glad I was persuaded to stay!

On that day, though, every time we attacked we looked like scoring. And you couldn't leave after Shaun Taylor got a load of stitches in his head, and then came back on to score with a header!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 18:16:19 »

My seat was next to that "Phil" for the first half.......ruined the day.just had to move the second.

He should be given a slot on sky's fan zone commentary. When that man gets hold of an idea, it's fair to say he doesn't let it go....
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 18:20:17 »

We need a centre back that will deal with the initial long/high ball and get his head on it, none of the current crop are capable of this and opposition strikers are able to bully them. Troy stepped in and fulfilled this role last season and maybe Branco will become that man who knows but until we have one the high ball is going to be a major problem for us. What worries me most is over the winter months we all know the long ball is used a lot more frequently by teams which I fear could see us struggle.

If you can't defend the long ball and crosses you are always going to fall short, even at the highest level. Barcelona epitomise this they have all the attacking threat you'd ever want but can't defend as they just stick ball players at the back not proper defenders.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 18:35:49 »

Just out of interest, what part of Barcelona winning 14 titles out of a possible 19 is falling short? Since you brought them up.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 18:44:10 »

Just out of interest, what part of Barcelona winning 14 titles out of a possible 19 is falling short? Since you brought them up.
They had a good Pique, Puyol and Abidal who could defend during their success. They seem to have lost their way when it comes to defending, the PSG match in the Champions League this season reminded me of us albeit at a much higher level. Every time PSG put a ball in the box it looked like they'd score. My point is no matter how good your football is you need to be able to defend the basics.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 21:25:46 »

He burped straignt in my face at Supermarine Cool
Is he the really loud guy with the strong Westcountry accent??

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 21:38:55 »

Is he the really loud guy with the strong Westcountry accent??

More than likely.  Scabby clothes, not all there mentally.

Most people must have been subjected to the Phil experiences at least once. I was trapped next to him trying to get out of the away end at Pompey a couple of seasons back, I should have known better as I saw him coming.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, November 10, 2014, 21:42:38 »

Most people must have been subjected to the Phil experiences at least once. I was trapped next to him trying to get out of the away end at Pompey a couple of seasons back, I should have known better as I saw him coming.

I got caught by him once at Colchester on a Tuesday night, there was only about 150 Town fans there so he was really hard to avoid. That night he had a huge fixation with Alan McCormack, wouldn't shut up about him for some reason. Luckily he spotted someone he knew and I was spared 90 minutes of hell.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: