Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68731 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 12:26:09 »

*Some people. In both instances. And not necessarily all the same people, more of a Venn diagram type thing.It doesn't make him a bad player defensively but a player who keeps getting sent off is a liability in any team. Sounds like it was harsh today, but 3 reds by November starts to look like more than a coincidence.

And, for the record, I really like Nathan, voted for him as player or young player of the season several times and love his attitude. But I do wonder if maybe being the anchor in a back 3 or maybe the captaincy is an extra pressure that's maybe proven a bit too much for him. Although I'd be very nervous that taking it off him now could really torpedo his confidence. Something's going wrong, though, and Cooper needs to sort it out.

Fuck off with your sensible levelled response to my posts and pointing out my generalisations Cheesy  I had a point to make and was gonna make it god damn you!  Tongue

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 12:37:39 »

Conclusion: in the last 24 years I can think of only 2 other games that match that one for awfulness - the 6-0 home defeat to Ipswich in 1998/99 and the 7-1 capitulation away to Forest in Feb 2006 (my stag weekend).  What sets this one apart is how unexpected it was.

Attended all three unfortunately.  David Johnson tore us apart in that Ipswich game if I recall correctly?   No
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 12:52:56 »

Just seen the highlights, don't know if it was a red or not really, but it certainly wont be overturned.

Was maybe harsh, but no way will it be over turned, especially given his disciplinary record this season and him deciding to give everything a good kicking on his way down the tunnel. Good chance the ban would be increased or they'll ask to him to explain his disciplinary record this season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 13:07:01 »

Fuck off with your sensible levelled response to my posts and pointing out my generalisations Cheesy  I had a point to make and was gonna make it god damn you!  Tongue
Ha ha, you made it quite well, in fairness. Just the "everyone said x" or "everyone always does x" always grinds my gears. Not just you, everyone does it Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 13:27:43 »

Well that escalated quickly!!

Dear oh dear what a shambles that looked on the highlights. Thompson was fuming to have been sent off. Kicking everything he could!

My optimism for the City game has all but gone now.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #245 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 13:28:48 »

Where are the highlights?
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 13:34:10 »

you really wouldn't want to see them
REDBUCK

« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 13:43:13 »

Go on have an educated guess, it's not flipping difficult
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 13:47:49 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29907063
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 13:55:01 »

Can't see enough of the sending off on that. Still maintain it was no red seeing it 'live', but there is more chance of me getting a blow job off Natalie Imbruglia than it being overturned.

The rest of it just condenses the the whole crappy day into 2 minutes-it was far worse than that, and they added a bloody annoying commentator as an added kick in the balls.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 14:01:56 »

doesn't look like a straight red, too far away from the goal and a player covering

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 14:18:42 »

Never be overturned, in fact wouldn't be surprised if not added to for launching the drinks bottles ( one of which seemed to near reach centre circle )
and kicking the shit out of the tunnel
adje

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 14:35:38 »

WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR 5 SHOTS ON TARGET?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 15:45:52 »

Yesterday was shite, they wanted it more than us but at 1-0 down I thought we were the better side and then Thompson gets sent off. 4 sendings off in 19 games, and 3 this season isn't good enough. I personally don't think he's a CB and not sure if it's worth persisting with him there.

Left as the 4th went in and was shocked they only scored 1 more afterwards in the final 20 mins. The commentator on those highlights sounds like he's having a mighty orgasm - cunt! Love the FA Cup so disappointed we've gone out at the first stage for the third year running, and also we miss out on some revenue getting through the rounds.

I took a match ball home.

#VivaKenBarlow!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 16:14:24 »

Thanks Sonic
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: