Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68727 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 21:58:16 »

Not sure if it was me just being a bit biased but I thought De Vita was brilliant for them, ran the show from the middle.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 22:17:47 »

Is Yeovil a city ?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 23:41:24 »

Haven't read back.....yet.

Utter dog shit ....start to finish.

Nobody got it right.

Chuckles selection
Tactics
Players performance
Nathan red...again
Fans decision to go in the first place...
Ref...shit but didnt lose us the match

Everything went wrong...

Silver lining Is that's it the cup....and 1:0 or 5:0 or even 8:0 we are dumped out..

I left at 3 and fucked off to the pub. First time I have left proper early since McMoan seeing Norwich stroll to victory at the CG.

We are going to have to pull some rabbits out of Arses to get anything next week against the shitheads at this rate.

I will be there.

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 23:42:48 »

Back home now - at last.  And plenty of opportunity to deliberate, cogitate & digest on the train back.

Conclusion: in the last 24 years I can think of only 2 other games that match that one for awfulness - the 6-0 home defeat to Ipswich in 1998/99 and the 7-1 capitulation away to Forest in Feb 2006 (my stag weekend).  What sets this one apart is how unexpected it was.

I should probably give  Cheltenham some credit, but they were ordinary and unremarkable.  Still baffled as to how this happened.  And still feel as if we should be able to hit the rewind button and play the game again for real.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 23:43:21 »

They can do one. That's the problem with our fanbase. Not enough hardcore fans that can take a defeat like today on the chin and move on.

Started to read back....

Refund? Fuck off....

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 23:57:06 »

Has anyone been suggesting that seriously?  Seriously?
deltaincline

« Reply #216 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 00:06:54 »

Pretty much everything has been said about today.

I have no fucking idea whatsoever as to why we're persisting with Kassim taking all free kicks though. Apart from a goal a few weeks ago, they're shite.

The Celery show was great and confused the fuck out of plod and the stewards.

Knowing us, we'll dick City next Saturday with a makeshift side.

Then again...

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 00:30:36 »

Everything was shit, I have nothing to add to what's been said, everyone has said what I was thinking.
However, I've seen it on here that we will get a spanking one day, and if today was the day and that's it for the season, I will take that.
Massive game next week, 3 players short or not, we can do them, we are 3rd in the league, playing some splendid stuff (today aside). This team is capable of giving someone a hammering as well as taking one, hopefully we learn from it and go again.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 00:31:56 »

Has anyone been suggesting that seriously?  Seriously?
There were a few chants of we want our money back but i doubt (hope) these werent serious and was just heat of moment fury at our shitness
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 00:33:22 »

Also, if you were one of them giving it the finger at the end of the game, fuck off.
If you don't like days like this, your following the wrong fucking sport, it happens, we've all paid our money, it's not nice but its football for you.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 00:48:38 »

Also, if you were one of them giving it the finger at the end of the game, fuck off.
If you don't like days like this, your following the wrong fucking sport, it happens, we've all paid our money, it's not nice but its football for you.

Yeah!!...

Go and support Manchester United or something!!

....Oh wait Smiley

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 05:46:34 »

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 07:35:46 »

Just seen the highlights, don't know if it was a red or not really, but it certainly wont be overturned.
kerry red

« Reply #223 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 07:36:33 »

Maybe Byrne's 'they scored and we know one goal is nothing' attitude, which if also a team attitude, could explain things a bit.

if this is, truly, what the players think, that they are so good they can always pull it back, no wonder nobody seems to bother defending properly.

not something I wanted to hear TBH
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, November 9, 2014, 08:38:47 »

To be fair to him, I felt (and I know others around me felt) the same as well when we were one goal down and down to 10 men.  The opening exchanges seemed to make it very clear that we were by far the better footballing side.  Only at 2-0 did I start to feel that it wasn't going to be our day.

Cheltenham are possibly the most average side ever to have beaten us by such a scoreline.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: