Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 68725 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:04:06 »

Our dead ball delivery was total wank

Unfair, they've worked hard all week to hit the first man from corners.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:11:04 »

Good to see de vita got a great reception both when subbed and after the final whistle. Top chap
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:18:34 »

Everyone was singing NT's praises when he returned after his last suspension saying that the defensive improvement on his return showed how much we missed him and how key he is to the way we play...  Now everyone is saying he is suspect at CB?
*Some people. In both instances. And not necessarily all the same people, more of a Venn diagram type thing.
Yep, his red card record needs to be looked at, but why does him getting sent off today mean he has turned into a bad player defensively?
It doesn't make him a bad player defensively but a player who keeps getting sent off is a liability in any team. Sounds like it was harsh today, but 3 reds by November starts to look like more than a coincidence.

And, for the record, I really like Nathan, voted for him as player or young player of the season several times and love his attitude. But I do wonder if maybe being the anchor in a back 3 or maybe the captaincy is an extra pressure that's maybe proven a bit too much for him. Although I'd be very nervous that taking it off him now could really torpedo his confidence. Something's going wrong, though, and Cooper needs to sort it out.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:26:25 »

We needed a cup run to bring in some much needed cash, powers can't be a happy bunny at the mo.
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:30:42 »

We needed a cup run to bring in some much needed cash, powers can't be a happy bunny at the mo.

This is my major (or only) concern about today. A lack of a cup run will sure add pressure to sell in January,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:37:57 »

See the "We want a refund" bandwagon is rolling again. Pfft.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:38:27 »

Never a red today. He miles outside the box to the right hand side. A foul or not their player would never have scored from there and there would have been someone covering.

On another day we would have won 5 nil. Was just one of them days today. Would rather a cup game to lose like this to be fair.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:40:05 »

See the "We want a refund" bandwagon is rolling again. Pfft.

They can do one. That's the problem with our fanbase. Not enough hardcore fans that can take a defeat like today on the chin and move on.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:57:14 »

They can do one. That's the problem with our fanbase. Not enough hardcore fans that can take a defeat like today on the chin and move on.

I'm not sure what it achieves. To be fair, you pay your money, you take your chances...

I know Sunderland paid out, but that was silly too.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 20:58:59 »

I very nearly left after the 4th but I'm glad I didn't because the 5th was absolute comedy gold.

Shocking all round today, shambolic defending, they walked round us as if we weren't there. Special mention to Stephens who was unbelievably bad, not sure he won a single ball in the air today. Thompson was stupid, didn't need to make the challenge, but not convinced it was a red. Ref was total wank and really didn't help us. We didn't seem to give a shit today, pulling out of 50/50's and just very lethargic and lacking any sort of effort.

A wasted 260 mile round trip but that's just part of supporting Town. Plenty of people shouting we want our money back today but I don't agree with that, these days happen.

If you had offered me the thrashing today and a win next Saturday, I would have taken it.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 21:16:22 »

If you had offered me the thrashing today and a win next Saturday, I would have taken it.

All day, every day.

Didn't go today, don't care much for the cup, and spent a lovely afternoon with my goddaughters instead.  I'll be at the CG next week, though.  To me, the league matters so much more (money from a good cup run aside - and yes I know how important that is).  I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm so bloody bored of the bottom two divisions...want that promotion.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 21:33:49 »

Yeah agree. I'm sick of going to tinpot teams like Yeovil and Cheltenham and playing shite. I'd rather play shite at teams like Derby and Forest.
woolster

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 21:38:04 »

Humiliating, embarrassing, shambolic. I thought NTs was a yellow not a red but he's still a fuckwit for doing it. Like v the gayers, he can't help himself. He's no fucking good to anyone if he's dropped. He can't be unlucky all the time. Its obvious his card has been marked. Cooper needs to sort out the disciplinary record pronto . Less moaning about wanky refs - that ain;t going to change so we need to learn.
Anyway if NT was still on the pitch we'd have got fucked over. The players simply couldn't give a fuck. we were second to every ball and won fuck all in the air. Stephens is scarily bad at the moment and today gave a performance of ineptitude similar to Wards v Wolves. Their no 9 tore us a new one today.
On a separate note their no 8 really is a cunt of the highest order taking the piss when their 4th went in.
Our dead ball delivery was total wank and even if it wasn't I dare say nobody would have given a fuck to get on the end of it. Williams and Obika were bollocks today with a toss up as to who had the worst fist touch.
I don't think I've seen much worse in 43 years supporting Town.
I took my daughter there today so it was not a cheap day. Unless its the Scummers I'm not too bad in defeat but I'm fucking angry tonight. 
Spot on john, we left after the 4th, fucking embarrassing
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 21:46:35 »

Yeah agree. I'm sick of going to tinpot teams like Yeovil and Cheltenham and playing shite. I'd rather play shite at teams like Derby and Forest.

:)Me too, could go by train and I know some great pubs in those two cities.   Pint

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 21:51:36 »

A bad day at the office.

Comical defending,  Too slow going forward and a very harsh red card.  Well until 53 minutes anyway, had seen enough after the third; was back in Swindon before FT.

Expensive day out watching the town, I dont expect a refund but an apology over social media from the players wouldn't go a miss- they lap it up after a win (rightfully), a short tweet apologising to the fans wouldn't take much effort. (Only player ive seen tweet is LT).

Not looking forward to next Saturday at the moment, but like a few others have said we played shit with mass and yas today. Im sure as the week goes on ill start to feel a bit more optimistic.

Onwards and upwards.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: