Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mr Di Canio  (Read 26472 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 22:14:42 »

To sell the club?

Part of the remit yes but more so was to get PDC on a short leash. He did that, the cunt spat the dummy, the rest is history
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 23:09:32 »

To me, this whole thing smacks of PDC hovering over the club, threatening legal action to get a payout.

I'm deeply appalled at his behaviour. As someone who supported him through his arguably great career as manager, I feel betrayed by a man who seemed so in touch with the supporters.

Not that he'll read this, but on the off chance he might:

Please, please stop undermining everything you've done to create a reputation as a great manager and turn around what people were labelling you with. I want to be able to look back on your term of management without having to think 'it was great, but then he shafted us'.

Take a step back and give us, the fans, the chance to go on to better things with our club. You professed to love us and love the team so please, let go and give us it back.

Edit: This was my 500th post. I can't believe I've lasted this long...
« Last Edit: Monday, March 25, 2013, 23:16:09 by Honkytonk » Logged
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 04:03:27 »

In view of the alleged propensity for former employees to take legal action, should internet forums and posters be wary of what is published unless it can be shown to be factual?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 08:07:40 »

I stood up for him a lot when he was getting grief before. I stood up for him a lot.

Yet I've recently found myself questioning who I dislike more: Di Canio or McMahon? McMahon is still winning in the most disliked league for me but PDC is catching up, quickly!
My thoughts too.

For me though Muckmarn actually achieved more that Paolo in his time with us. But Paolo, had he not thrown his toys out, would have achieved more.....I put Paolo and Muckmarn on about the same level of achievment overall but still hate Mucky more......currently.

Would you still applaud a boy scout for helping a granny across the road if he then stole her handbag?
A great analogy indeed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 08:45:38 »

Fucking hell, that's nearly as bad as Aljokefree

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 08:50:12 »

My thoughts too.

For me though Muckmarn actually achieved more that Paolo in his time with us. But Paolo, had he not thrown his toys out, would have achieved more.....I put Paolo and Muckmarn on about the same level of achievment overall but still hate Mucky more......currently.
A great analogy indeed.
I actually find myself detesting Paul Hart as much as McMahon even though he was only at the Club for 5 minutes (thank God). I will reserve judgement on Di Canio for the time being.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 08:54:57 »

Di Canio is like the bunny boiler ex girlfriend. For fucks sake move on.

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 11:10:40 »

My point still stands - money doesn't buy success.

Oh yes it does. Historically proven. Without doubt the biggest factor in us winning the league too.
If Di canio was still here our results would be the same as we are getting. He'd just be out waving to everyone and moaning that he needs more players(oh he left because of that)
If his actions delay us in getting players and halt our promotion charge then he can have that on his CV. Reading's players already said they don't want him and he is doing himself no favours.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 11:58:29 »

Oh yes it does. Historically proven. Without doubt the biggest factor in us winning the league too.
If Di canio was still here our results would be the same as we are getting. He'd just be out waving to everyone and moaning that he needs more players(oh he left because of that)
If his actions delay us in getting players and halt our promotion charge then he can have that on his CV. Reading's players already said they don't want him and he is doing himself no favours.

The man speaks sense.  And from Reading's point of view, they should be very pleased with Adkins as manager, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 12:00:06 »

If Di canio was still here our results would be the same as we are getting.

You don't know that. KMac has reduced training, so work ethic would have changed.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 12:00:11 »

Reading's players already said they don't want him

No players are going to ask for a boss that they know will make them work harder, but sometimes it might be just what they need. It was here. It's hardly as if Di Canio went out and bought a team of superstars last season.

And of course, no one knows what our results would have been like if he was still here, except that the only way he would still be here is if we hadn't gone through the whole mess of the last two months, in which case we'd probably be top of the league.

But people want to hit out at him for leaving, I get that. For the record I also rate the job MacDonald has done thus far.

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 12:04:13 »

You don't know that. KMac has reduced training, so work ethic would have changed.
Nobody does. Not alot has changed though performance wise. If you think the new manager would not work the players or prepare them properly then think again. Different methods but the bloke knows what he is doing.

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 12:05:18 »

No players are going to ask for a boss that they know will make them work harder, but sometimes it might be just what they need. It was here. It's hardly as if Di Canio went out and bought a team of superstars last season.

And of course, no one knows what our results would have been like if he was still here, except that the only way he would still be here is if we hadn't gone through the whole mess of the last two months, in which case we'd probably be top of the league.

But people want to hit out at him for leaving, I get that. For the record I also rate the job MacDonald has done thus far.

They worked their bollocks off for Mcdermott so that is not an issue for them.
Flashheart

« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 12:06:16 »

I'm sure the players have said training is harder under KMAC, there's just less of it.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 12:07:57 »

I'm sure the players have said training is harder under KMAC, there's just less of it.

Yup yup

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/10275518.Devera_insists_training_is_harder_under_MacDonald/
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: