Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale FC vs Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43367 times)
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 16:45:39 »

And for 3 minutes it was brilliant, the reason why we trudge up and down the country to watch football.

Perfectly true Sutton.  Worth the trip for all that.

Nice beer in the Cemetery too, then?
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:09:45 »

Took my daughter to the game...cracking day apart from 1) getting caught in first class on the train and 2) too many Man Utd "fans" travelling home to the Home Counties...

Great to meet Sutton Red on the way to the ground....we tried to walk there but got lost so ended up in what looked like Basra High street and getting a cab..
Nice pint at the Church Inn..

For anyone who didnt go you missed a great performance by Prutton....great hair!! Ritchie...and Caddis.

It may have been said several times before but we have a strong squad and each performance each player is starting to show glimpses of quality....all odd signings by DW...a dodgy penalty decision cost us badly..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:16:40 »

Had one more beer in there after before heading back to Manchester. Was so glad we got that cab guy. It looked about a mile to the ground on Google, but in reality was probably nearer 2 ,2 and a half, probably would have finished me off..
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:22:35 »

Great to meet Sutton Red on the way to the ground

suspect everyone who meets Suttonred will say the same.   Me too!
Shame on anyone who dishes out abuse in his direction (hope not tempting fate).
Spencer_White

« Reply #454 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:23:12 »

Not boring Greer talk again? Our big problem at the moment is our lack of options at right back. Cuthbert is wasted out there. Caddis clearly isnt Wilson's type of right back, which does beg questions of why we bought him? Phil Smith is adequate, but an on form Dave Lukas will always keep more clean sheets, and he is a real leader. We need the old Dave Lukas back.

Rochdale is a real alien environment. Mountains! People were friendly though. Got cabs there and back to the ground, good call. Would have been a long hilly walk.

Another brilliant Rose free kick. We are getting better. Fridays game at Crawley is critical. A bad performance could de-rail our season again.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:49:22 »

Had one more beer in there after before heading back to Manchester. Was so glad we got that cab guy. It looked about a mile to the ground on Google, but in reality was probably nearer 2 ,2 and a half, probably would have finished me off..

It was a 25 minute walk. Hardly a trek. Even some old fella managed to half walk/jog back.

Everyone saying about LJF being at fault for the 2nd goal - I thought Morrison misjudged the ball coming from the back and jumped underneath it (again - Colchester?). He was out of position and got caught. The lad took it well too.

Rochdale is a real alien environment. Mountains! People were friendly though. 

It's called the North.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:51:34 »

suspect everyone who meets Suttonred will say the same.   Me too!
Shame on anyone who dishes out abuse in his direction (hope not tempting fate).

I'll have a bigger head than humpty dumpty at this rate..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 17:58:00 »

Fridays game at Crawley is critical. A bad performance could de-rail our season again.

As things stand, think you'd have to say Crawley are probably favourites for this.

As no-one cares about the FA Cup anymore...going out shouldn't make any difference to the league campaign.
Spencer_White

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:08:50 »

As things stand, think you'd have to say Crawley are probably favourites for this.

As no-one cares about the FA Cup anymore...going out shouldn't make any difference to the league campaign.

When it comes to the FA Cup Swindon fans are mugs! They say things like, 'I dont care about the FA Cup' and then we get so excited we take 6000 to Fulham on 3rd round day.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:11:38 »

I care about the cup. Especially when we could end up going out to fucking Crawley. Not that I think we will.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:16:22 »

Highlights are up now on the OS. The penalty looked harsh. I don't think LJF could've moved his hand away.

Noticed right at the end that Cuthbert was hobbling down the tunnel so I guess he must've pulled something. That'll be interesting for Tuesday.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #461 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:24:24 »

I still love the FA Cup
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:31:08 »

Nice one Sutton Red....A hell of a yomp with a ten year old who has already walked across Manchester with her dad warning her against the perils of becoming a Manc glory hunter like her classmates!!!!

Got to say the guys at the Dale were really kind when my girl fell over over cut herself outside the Church,,,programme seller sent us to First Aid and St Johns were really good.

That was a nice pub and wish I stayed longer!!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:32:57 »

I still love the FA Cup

Me too...would love to be in the third round in the New Year.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 18:33:31 »

Did she slip on the leaves? I nearly went over a couple of times myself walking to and from the pub. The Cemetery was really good also, and another lad I know went to the Baum said that was excellent, seems to be a proliferation of good pubs there.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: