Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Pakistan Vs England 2nd Test Thread  (Read 8721 times)
STFC Village

« on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 11:04:37 »

Well, it's not going too great at the moment, Pakistan are 243-4 at the mo. We were doing ok, until Inzi came in. Bell took a superb catch for the 4th wicket, off of his own bowling
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 11:10:45 »

Vaughan drop Afridi. Easy pickings!  :x
Now he's hitting six's.  :evil:

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 12:15:10 »

Read in yesterdyas paper that they're worried about Gilo's fitness and Min Patel is on standby!  :?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 14:05:16 »

they were 87-3 but closed on 300-4...

not good  Sad

officially blacker than the night.
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 14:37:16 »

Excellent crowd in though. Has the 2005 Ashes saved test cricket?
STFC Village

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 14:39:42 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Excellent crowd in though. Has the 2005 Ashes saved test cricket?
I think that was mainly due to the inclusion of Afridi for Pakistan, a local, national and international hero (according to Gower). Tbh, the crowd for the 1st test wasn't too good....
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 14:46:48 »

Yeah, but on the subcontinent Test crowds are usually a lot lower than those at Multan. Talking 5,000 a day. It had over 30,000 in it today, thats a real turnaround from the last series. Usually they only turn out for 1 day games.
STFC Village

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 14:50:31 »

Maybe it's partly to do with the fact that England are "the best test team in the World at present" and Pakistan beat us in the 1st test
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 15:04:27 »

Guess so. Its all good for the game, however the interest has been created.
STFC Village

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 16:01:14 »

Absolutely http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 17:03:40 »

well, im once again not surprised. if england get a draw out of this test series that would be an achievement!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 20, 2005, 18:52:27 »

post ashes hangover is going on for a little too long for my liking! England haven't had the luck of winning the toss in this series though and really they beat themselves in the first test. Pakistan were shit in that game but gave it to them on a plate just like the England teams of old!  :-))(
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 00:03:54 »

Just been watching the Aussie Vs Windies game and the commentator said about the Ian Bell catch.

Anyway he went on to say that Rashid Latif(previous Pakistan Wicketkeeper) has called for Ian Bell to be banned after not owning up to the ball hitting the floor.
STFC Village

« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 00:14:40 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Just been watching the Aussie Vs Windies game and the commentator said about the Ian Bell catch.

Anyway he went on to say that Rashid Latif(previous Pakistan Wicketkeeper) has called for Ian Bell to be banned after not owning up to the ball hitting the floor.
Tbf, i don't think he even knew. With most of these close-call-catches, the fielder will go at the ball with their hands and won't be able to tell if its bounced or not. It was only after several slo-mo's that it seemed to show it bouncing. Yes, it should have been reffered the the 3rd umpire, but the umpire made the decision and that's final. Lets ban Taufel!  :roll: (The World's best umpire atm)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 08:28:20 »

462 all out.We will just have to try and grind it out,but a draw at the best i think Sad .
On another topic,i saw the Weakest link Ashes special on Saturday.Ashley Giles was asked the question "Juan Carlos was crowned king of which country?".The answer being of course that he was made King of Spain. I can't believe it wasn't a set up.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: