Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Second test-Adelaide  (Read 11424 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 16:31:37 »

Well i've given you lazy sods all day to do it and none of you have...so i'm going to start this thread off  Soapy Tit Wank  Whats going to happen to this forum when i go away,i really fear for it Wink

Anyway,the pain begins again tonight on SS1 at midnight.Lets hope we win the toss this time or that it rains!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
sonic youth

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 16:36:01 »

i wouldn't dare tread on your toes, you're taller than me and your bloke is scary.

i shall be staying up for the morning session i suppose. not feeeling quite as negative as you mind!
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 16:44:37 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i wouldn't dare tread on your toes, you're taller than me and your bloke is scary.

i shall be staying up for the morning session i suppose. not feeeling quite as negative as you mind!

Scary  Soapy Tit Wank

I'm not looking forward to it, but i'll be up at 5 am to watch.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 17:36:37 »

Ive charged my batteries for the good ol' Radio, i'll watch it when i get in at 5:45am.
STFC Village

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 17:39:12 »

I'm working tonight, so i'll be hovering over the refresh button on the BBC live text updates....
Scot Munroe

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 17:58:27 »

I am also working tonight so i will be listening when i get back from work at 6.30am. Play starts at 12.30am.
lebowski

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 18:04:24 »

giles has to be a concern, the australians have been able to pick his stock wicket-taking ball (the "one that goes straight on") with alarming regularity...
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 20:27:06 »

don't all of Gilo's deliveries go straight on?

Ashley Giles
Ashley Giles
Ashley Giles is the King of Spain!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 21:41:14 »

well isn't Monty playing in this one. i should imagine they will bowl in tandem with Gilo stopping the runs and Monty looking to take some wickets. i bet the Aussies have studied Monty on video but having not played against him he might spring them a few surprises
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 21:43:02 »

Going to the pub tonight at about 9pm to watch for a bit with a bunch of Aussies !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 22:39:56 »

i'm back from uni for the weekend so  get to, atlast, crash on the sofa with my duvet and stuff all night. i cant wait for this.

don't know what's going to happen in terms of selection and it has really got people divided. one of my lecturers who wrote for the Guardian as a cheif cricket writer for ten years can't see them picking monty simply because of the workload it would put on fred in terms of pace bowling if anderson was sacrificed. in addition, There really can't be any chance of harmison missing out. i really hope he doesn't.
   at the same time can';t see gilo being dropped because of how he reacted to criticism after the first test last year, and also the fact he's England's most succesful spinner for many years probably since ray illingworth. surely one good year for monty isn't enough to displace him. personally i think it would be a mistake but it would be interesting to see how panesar's remarkably quick deliveries work on what surely will be a spinning pitch.

but don't worry we won't see us bowl tonight because we'll win the toss and bat throughout... 276* for strauss easy.

i hope we see jamie again.

officially blacker than the night.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 22:55:08 »

and larwood i think it's fitting that you started this thread as adelaide was perhaps old harold's defining yet notorious moment! wouldn't mind a bit of bodyline on the aussie openers later  Cool

more likely to be shoddyline though eh harmi

officially blacker than the night.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 23:15:53 »

unchanged team apparently....

fucking hell

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 30, 2006, 23:20:42 »

oh bum.
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 1, 2006, 00:31:27 »

we're screwed

fletcher the dirty mugabi bastard has stitched us. times change you moron.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: