Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England V Wales - Will You Be Working Or Watching?  (Read 57359 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 08:43:49 »

Tempting fate obviously, but the standard of refereeing in all the games I've seen so far has been outstanding I think.

I would say more odd than outstanding, whereby they have become somewhat more lenient (which is no bad thing) then after c.70 minutes they start booking people for what appear to be completely innocuous stuff?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 09:05:01 »

Tempting fate obviously, but the standard of refereeing in all the games I've seen so far has been outstanding I think.

Kiss of death...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 10:13:04 »

I went birdwatching instead and got soaked.

Good result.

Did you spot anything interesting?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 10:57:15 »

Better than the standard of goalkeeping

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 12:05:59 »

God I'm too old for this shit.

Got back from the pub after staying on to watch norn play the Ukraine and the rest of the evening was a write off.

Unlike son who went out on the town after (I remember being able to do that Smiley )
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 12:42:05 »

Both games were crying out for Vardy, Woy finally realised that at half time yesterday. As harsh as it is to drop Kane, I wouldn't play him against Slovaks.. Sturridge also made a big impact and was instrumental for picking it up deeper & driving at the defence
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #171 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 12:50:24 »

Both games were crying out for Vardy, Woy finally realised that at half time yesterday. As harsh as it is to drop Kane, I wouldn't play him against Slovaks.. Sturridge also made a big impact and was instrumental for picking it up deeper & driving at the defence
Weird you say that and i know he scored but he didn't actually do much else did he. I think people expected Vardy out wide and Sturidge up top

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 12:58:01 »

Kane looks burnt out. The long season has caught up with him.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #173 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 13:19:39 »

Weird you say that and i know he scored but he didn't actually do much else did he. I think people expected Vardy out wide and Sturidge up top
Vardy did look off the pace a bit other than scoring, Sturridge seemed to play in the hole rather than up front and looked fairly comfortable and wanted the ball all the time, but he was a bit greedy at times.

I would prefer Vardy instead of Sterling though any day.

I agree with Arriba that Kane looks totally burnt out, which is such a shame for England.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #174 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 13:21:40 »

Think a lot of people forget Kane played at under 21s last year as well. Poor bloke is dead on his feet

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 13:29:15 »

Tournament football so no time for loyalty to players. Both Kane and sterling are not currently worthy of a game. Drop the pair of them.

Strikers are there to score goals. Everything else is irrelevant if they do score and the team wins.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 13:29:39 »

Interesting you say that Sturridge just seems a little desperate/greedy (delete as appropriate) and just drives forward and either blazes it over the bar or gets tackled (a kind of Barkley/Sterling with more chance of end product), that said a goal may get his confidence up and make him play more of a team game with less to prove now, plus he has god on his side as he told Gabby Logan repeatedly - he would have been perfect for Hoddle on that front!

It was good the rest of the team jumped on him and stopped him doing his twatish celebration  Cheesy
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #177 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 13:32:10 »

When fit and before anyone says it i know it is very rarely but when fit Daniel Sturridge is the best striker we have.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 13:41:17 »

When fit and before anyone says it i know it is very rarely but when fit Daniel Sturridge is the best striker we have.

Agree
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 13:43:39 »

Depends what system we are playing and how fit he actually is, but hopefully now he has a goal he will calm down a bit and integrate his game with the team as he should be playing.

I agree that Kane looks proper shattered, I image Spurs will be fairly pleased if he is kept out the team for a while....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: