Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ukraine v England  (Read 6567 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:17:01 »

It shows just how bare the cupboard has become.

Nevertheless, the players showed a bit of spirit, and as an England fan I'll settle for that.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:17:59 »

Old mother hubbards cupboard.....

That second half was as embarrassing as I have seen.

Lambert 'found out'.....when half decent (half decent ) defenders are on him.

Wilshire and Walcott gave the ball away for fun...

What the fuck was Hart doing waiting for the ball to bounce...

If we qualify I will do cartwheels....because that would be an achievement.

Clems Army!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:20:01 »

Dire.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:23:42 »

Dire.

Dier, Eric....sub for the U 21's...could be an interesting player as he's with Sporting Lisbon, having been brought up there as a kid. Might become a mainstay in years to come
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:26:35 »

Easily pleased Reg, that was crap. And if we do get through every team in the group will be expecting 3 points, one dimensional comedy team.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:29:37 »

Easily pleased Reg, that was crap. And if we do get through every team in the group will be expecting 3 points, one dimensional comedy team.

I think most know we've a fairly limited bunch of players, and then quite a few who might have featured were missing. So I think you have to be happy with a hard working point...I thought we'd prob lose 1-0, and so be looking at the PO's at best.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:33:28 »

We'll probably need to beat the Poles in the final qualifier, and we all know how that worked out the last time.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:36:38 »

I can see your point ,I would have agreed 10 years ago   but after watching for years and going to 2 world cups, and being mainly frustrated, even then,  we're mediocre now, edging on poor, play without fear and we might do something, even if not winning, at least get some interest and excitement back, otherwise nationally the game for us will die. One bright spot tonight, at least that god awful trumpet and drum weren't there.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:39:08 »

Old mother hubbards cupboard.....

That second half was as embarrassing as I have seen.

Lambert 'found out'.....when half decent (half decent ) defenders are on him.

Wilshire and Walcott gave the ball away for fun...

What the fuck was Hart doing waiting for the ball to bounce...

If we qualify I will do cartwheels....because that would be an achievement.

Calm Down, Calm Down.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:40:51 »

I can't see the point in picking Arsenal players etc, if England continue to play that way. This Swindon side would play England off the park.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 21:55:14 »

That was a shit game. we got the draw but the 2nd half was an embarrassment. Our midfield was non existent. Wilshere was total wank but better than Walker who looked as though he'd been on the laughing gas again. He really is a fucking awful defender constantly getting caught out of position and on the wrong side of his man. Hart looks like a poor mans Hammond. Jagielka got name checked at the start and wasn't mentioned again. Cahill was only defender and probably our best attacker. When you're in a situation where Young comes on, you know you're either 5 up or totally in the shit.
Lambert did Ok considering he had fuck all support.
Any decent team would have pissed this group. We're not decent.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 22:09:16 »

The main thing I drew from watching tonight is that apparently our nations finest footballers are unable to put together anything resembling a pass. Gerrard and Lambert were the only people whose passes would actually reach vaguely near their targets.

I have had more fun watching a League 2 match.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 22:14:23 »

Only 4 wins out of 8, and agains San Marino/Moldova twice...we'll need to beat someone else in order to qualify

#VivaKenBarlow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 22:19:45 »

We've done the draw away from home now we have to do the winning at home. It's the age of recipe for topping the group. Need to back ourselves. If we fuck it up now then I'll agree with most of the miserable fuckers on here. We won't deserve to qualify!

Personally, I think we'll do it!
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 22:33:54 »

Can't even give a flying fuck about England anymore. I'd rather watch Emmerdale.

Last time I felt any excitement about the national game was 2002 WC (v Argentina).

Sometimes I wonder if England would be better off fielding a bunch of League 2/1 lads. At least they might play with some heart and soul. I'm afraid watching England just sucks any joy of life out of me and leaves me feeling empty.

Perhaps I am just a miserable bastard with rose tinted glasses but I miss the days when Lineker and Gazza were playing - supporting England was natural then - now it just feels like a corporate driven chore. 

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: