Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flint transfer offer  (Read 7291 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 19:40:51 »

Wonder if we have an auto-extension clause in his contract ?
fatbasher

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 19:57:06 »

Do we really need the money?, is it enough and we don't know what was offered anyway, does he figure long term, is he good enough to keep and develop if get promoted?

Personally I like the guy as a town player, however, I am not sure that he has what we will need in the championship. I fear he'll get turned inside out and get sent off to regularly in the championship. In the short term I think I would keep him until Troy is back to full fitness which is going to be after the window closes.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 20:32:55 »

As fatbasher has alluded to, we need him for cover.
nochee

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 20:34:28 »

Who else is going to change the floodlight bulbs?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:41:06 »

Hopefully get a bit of a better offer and then sell him.

Only league 2/Conference standard at best.  Is ok in divisions where long ball is the norm, but up against teams who pass the ball and have a bit of pace, he doesnt cut it

Seemed to do ok against Wigan last year.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:42:21 »

Who else is going to change the floodlight bulbs?

Very good.   Cheesy
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 22:04:21 »

Aside from the penalty he gave away in the Wigan game, he was fantastic. He also had a brilliant game against Stoke City this season. Had a right old tussle with 3 of the biggest/most awkward strikers in the premier league - Cameron Jerome, Kenywne Jones and Peter Crouch. Come to think of it, Jonathan Walters got on the pitch at some point as well!

Flint is well worth sticking with. Remember he's only young himself and still learning. Last season was his one and only full season in the football league. Really noticable when compared to Devera (177 apps for Barnet in the football league before joining STFC), how much more composed/calm Devera is because of the experience.

Find me a Town fan who rates Archibald-Henville higher than Flint anyway? It's a non-debate. When fit, Troy would be an ideal candidate to join Bradford or Port Vale on loan.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 22:06:21 »

It is ludicrous that people dismiss the idea that a relatively young player who was a rock in such a superb defensive unit couldn't cut it in the level above, on the basis that he isn't quick or Beckenbauer.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 22:18:05 »

It is ludicrous that people dismiss the idea that a relatively young player who was a rock in such a superb defensive unit couldn't cut it in the level above, on the basis that he isn't quick or Beckenbauer.

Totally agree.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 22:37:11 »

This.  I also find it slightly strange that some people seem happy to keep him until TAH is fit again and then get rid?  I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but why would he be better  in the Championship than Flint? I've seen nothing as yet that suggests he's good enough for League 1 whereas Flint has done a bloody good job during his time here.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 23:00:11 »

he did even better against Maccesfield this season.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 23:04:29 »

But still under 24., so we are entitled to a fee if he then leaves anyway.

Only if we offer him a new contract.

I'd keep him as cover, can't imagine he's on a lot, still young, and fairly talented.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fatbasher

« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 00:33:54 »

Been sent off how many times this season?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 07:20:46 »

Been sent off how many times this season?
not sure that's relevant to the argument he did well against wigan, conversely to base a career on doing well against a rubbish team is a bit silly also

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
fatbasher

« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 07:32:30 »

not sure that's relevant to the argument he did well against wigan, conversely to base a career on doing well against a rubbish team is a bit silly also

I disagree, with you first comment. To have a player that is not fleet of foot at the back, cumbersome against tricky players and who's distribution is suspect in the championship spells car crash. Besides all that, spend long spells unavailable due to suspension is not much good to the team selection possibilities.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: