Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the peaconator  (Read 7196 times)
red macca

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 00:07:58 »

total different players
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 00:12:25 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "reeves4england"
Its the things you say, the work rate and the impression you give just as much as the final results.

no its not, final results are all that matter. did anyone come on here last season going 'yeah we lost 2-0 today but we've got a couple of nice blokes in the side, a couple of others that offer nothing but work hard so its alright' its all about end results.

no...because we didnt have a couple of nice blokes who worked hard.....we have come out of plenty games and said 'fuck sake, I wish those other usless fucking cunts worked as hard as lee fucking peacock'

its not all about how hard you work, its how good you are. steve robinson worked harder than anyone but essentially he was shit so we got rid

the harder you work the better you are...

Yes, Steve Robinson worked his bollocks off, he wasnt overally talented it but I would have had him in my midfield ahead of most of the others anyday of the week.

Infact we missed his hard work in the middle of the park this season....we would have been a better team with him, shouldnt have got rid
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 00:15:24 »

Its the things you say, the work rate and the impression you give just as much as the final results.

no its not, final results are all that matter. did anyone come on here last season going 'yeah we lost 2-0 today but we've got a couple of nice blokes in the side, a couple of others that offer nothing but work hard so its alright' its all about end results.

no...because we didnt have a couple of nice blokes who worked hard.....we have come out of plenty games and said 'fuck sake, I wish those other usless fucking cunts worked as hard as lee fucking peacock'

its not all about how hard you work, its how good you are. steve robinson worked harder than anyone but essentially he was shit so we got rid

Yes, Steve Robinson worked his bollocks off, he wasnt overally talented it but I would have had him in my midfield ahead of most of the others anyday of the week.

Infact we missed his hard work in the middle of the park this season....we would have been a better team with him, shouldnt have got rid

of course you need a few hard working donkeys that make you wonder football is a spectator sport to be a half decent side. but its flair players like curo and migs (for eg.) which any side needs to have to be at the top end of the table. they may infuriate at times but they can deliver what no-one else can
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 00:19:24 »

of course you need a few hard working donkeys that make you wonder football is a spectator sport to be a half decent side. but its flair players like curo and migs (for eg.) which any side needs to have to be at the top end of the table. they may infuriate at times but they can deliver what no-one else can

You do need a mix I suppose, but I've got alot more respect for the workers and I'd much rather have a team full of workers than flair players...
red macca

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 00:19:57 »

realistically think what did migz,whalley and cureton really offer us last year?smith and peacock when fit were possibly the most effective when they came in
kevjoycreed

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 05:45:55 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
i like Peacock, his work rate is second to none and wins alot in the air but to be honest he hasnt exactly set the world alight with his goalscoring, which at the end of the day is what we need him to do

Thank fcuk for that................
I was begining to think I was the only person on the planet who thought Peacock actually under performed.
Doore

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 15:57:35 »

I don't think he under-performed, but I am totally bemused by his god-like status here already.  Yes he works hard, and that is appreciated and admirable.  But it is results that matter.  We have yet to see Peacock have a decent run in the side because of this worrisome injury, so surely the jury is still out on him.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 16:07:56 »

Quote from: "Doore"
I don't think he under-performed, but I am totally bemused by his god-like status here already.  Yes he works hard, and that is appreciated and admirable.  But it is results that matter.  We have yet to see Peacock have a decent run in the side because of this worrisome injury, so surely the jury is still out on him.

You have to take some positives out of last season even if there are only one or two.  He has not played a major part yet however when he came on, he showed far more commitment, effort and passion than any of those other afraid to tackle, lacklustre so called footballers. Its the footballers with both a good attitude AND ability that give them their status, also giving them a positive backing from their fan base.
Spencer_White

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 16:41:24 »

Peacock gets God like status because he is a born leader of men.

Comparing him to Turbo is stupid. Peacock has a bit of class about him as well. He works his socks off and battles his heart out. He played on for us with a knee that needed surgery. And he was one of the only players who stood up and was counted outside the North stand after the Brentford game. Overall he's a class act. I know once he is free from injury trouble he will become a real favourite with all Swindon fans.

(yellow subamarine).
'WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF LEE PEACOCK'S
A TEAM OF LEE PEACOCKS,
A TEAM OF LEE PEACOCKS,
LEE PEACOCK! LEE PEACOCK! LEE PEACOCK! LEE PEACOCK!'
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 16:48:00 »

This argument is magnified when you consider Peacock's ace nickname. Anyone called The Peaconator should in fact become a legend purely for this reason.
magnum150

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 25, 2006, 20:00:01 »

Sadly I thought Peacocks finest hour was his first appearance against Bornmuff when he scored. Look lively, aggresive and although the goal was due to a "Dodgy Keeper" he was in the right place at the right time.
kevjoycreed

« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 26, 2006, 08:20:39 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
This argument is magnified when you consider Peacock's ace nickname. Anyone called The Peaconator should in fact become a legend purely for this reason.

Whats his ace nickname?Huh???
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 26, 2006, 08:26:50 »

Whats his ace nickname

It depends,us ladies like to call him The Cock,cause we are all juvenile Wink  The blokes like to call him The Peaconator.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 26, 2006, 08:30:03 »

I took that question to be rhetorical Larwood  Cheesy
Piemonte

« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 26, 2006, 08:43:47 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

Yes

To be fair he could be the worst player to ever wear an STFC shirt and I'd still love him on the basis of the nickname alone Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: