Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gasheads are no saints  (Read 15185 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 16:58:14 »

Didn't know about this. The first question has to be, what was a Rovers fan doing in the TE toilets?

No doubt looking for trouble
And found it
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:17:53 »

Can only assume it was the days where you can go where you want in the ground? Wasn't a Rovers fans stabbed in the town end? Or another team? I swear I heard an old boy talking about it once in Sir Dans one saturday..

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:19:57 »

I was in the TE and saw a rovers fan unzip is coat to show his shirt, shout "Rovers" then run to the pitchside gate (fences in those days). It was locked and he got absolutely battered.
Police had to rescue him and he wasn't moving.

I think he was in a  coma for a week, and the lads they had nicked for it had to wait and see if it was manslaughter or GBH.

It was GBH, and a couple of fans went away for quite a long stretch I think
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:22:50 »

i got a good kicking from gas heads by the bus station underpass
Sometime in the 80s
So many of them they were kicking each other rather than me
Looked up after they trailed away to see 2 coppers leant on the railings watching

fuckpigs
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 17:42:19 »

I was in the TE and saw a rovers fan unzip is coat to show his shirt, shout "Rovers" then run to the pitchside gate (fences in those days). It was locked and he got absolutely battered.
Police had to rescue him and he wasn't moving.

I think he was in a  coma for a week, and the lads they had nicked for it had to wait and see if it was manslaughter or GBH.

It was GBH, and a couple of fans went away for quite a long stretch I think

Whilst no condoning the actions of those who assaulted him, I find it hard to have sympathy when he put himself in that situation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 18:47:22 »

Thinking about it, I don't think I've seen anyone get battered inside the ground. Missed all the 'fun' of the 80's, didn't really get to games until 89/90.

Did see a City fan get a few thumps in the Town End after he outed himself after they scored. Good hits but bruisers rather than serious injury inducing.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 19:40:52 »

It was a very different experience in the pre-segregation era.
Topcat

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 21:40:43 »

Anybody who went to Footbal in the 70's & 80's knows that Football grounds were a very scary place to be and if there were no away fans trying to take the home end there was still the scary thought of trying to get past the magic roundabout without getting your head kicked in as the away fans run across the shrivenham road green. But for all the comments on here regarding incidents with rovers fans iv'e still never heard of swindon fansm causing trouble at either bristol club on their patch
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 01:04:19 »

Anybody who went to Footbal in the 70's & 80's knows that Football grounds were a very scary place to be

I went to a lot of football in that period both at STFC and other places...and never felt particularly scared, OK you needed to know a few does and don'ts, in much the same way as you need to on a weekend night out now in Swindon, to avoid violent low life scum.
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 06:07:35 »

Football hooligans are the biggest pussies in society. They only grow some balls when the odds are in their favour or when safely behind a few plod.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 07:44:44 »

They've been shite over the last couple of seasons. Was speaking to a couple of Rovers and they said the stewards opened both sides of the East End on Wednesday at the same time and let both sets of fans into the carpark/KFC car park at the same time.. what did they expect..

Yeah all the stewards fault....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 08:13:45 »

Why are most of topcat's posts about "mobs" and scrapping? 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 08:20:04 »

I went to Wembley in 2007? to watch rovers v Shrewsbury in the po final, went with a rovers supporting workmate. He wore the shirt. I was stood with him at Swindon station feeling uncomfortable  Embarrassed

He's a great bloke, a real family man who enjoys the football.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 09:16:54 »

Football hooligans are the biggest pussies in society. They only grow some balls when the odds are in their favour or when safely behind a few plod.
This.
Topcat

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 12:10:37 »

Why are most of topcat's posts about "mobs" and scrapping? 
No relevance to mobs or scrapping just making a point that Rovers fans were claiming their innocence the other night and that they are so well behaved and having been going to football for over 35 years Rovers fans have caused havoc in and around the county ground and also in the town centre on a saturday evening. My point is in this modern media era we live in the main headlines on points west this week was about young and old morons wanting to kill each other also picking on innocent fans and scaring thousands of decent people who just want to watch a football match. Yes city were the main culprits and who are in swindon on the 21st september and hopefully there will be no repeat of the scenes at ashton gate the other night
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: