Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Form Table  (Read 2151 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 13:55:49 »

I think were gonna need 55 points to stay up. The 4th relegated side will probably record one of the highest points talleys ever to be relegated IMO. Theres no room for complanceny at all.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 13:59:33 »

At the moment it's looking like 52 or 53 so another 30 or so points needed from 22 games, I think it will be close.
Spud

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 14:01:43 »

God im looking forward to Saturdays game.  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 14:09:27 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
At the moment it's looking like 52 or 53 so another 30 or so points needed from 22 games, I think it will be close.

A bit of very rough and ready analysis in fact suggests that in a tight league, a lower number of points is often required for survival....eg in 99/00 the scum survived by a point with 45.

The following season as they were abject....most teams doubled them and they finished 2with a pathetic 27 points....Rovers went down with 51.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 29, 2005, 14:25:13 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "reeves4england"
I think we might have moved up after tonight but not sure

Still bottom but level with 2 teams and only 8 points from 13th!  When Iffy started we were about 8 points from 23rd!

Err Rob we were 23rd. :roll:

I was being flippant (the 8 points from 23rd might have given it away).

7 points from 10 games was not great, 16 from 14 is not Championship material, but that includes Iffy's first 3 games in charge.  1 of which was hardly him in charge by much more than name (and another was still too soon to make any real impact on the training ground).  For me the Iffy period really begins 3 games in with the defeat against Vale.

I'm with Reg in that it will be less points needed this year, mainly because we don't have a bottom 1 or 2 that are cut adrift giving everyone points.  Chelsea are almost as many points clear of 4th as the top team in our league is of us!  That shouldn't stop us focussing on 52 points minimum (which our recent form suggest is very achievable).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: