Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: my thoughts  (Read 2445 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 17:44:58 »

i think we deserved a victory. 2nd half colchester had their backs to the wall and although we struggled to carve out a chance i think we edged it.  holgate looked promising, not someone to rely on though.

i heard people slagging off fallon! colchester defended so high up it completely nullified him until we got round the back of them (re:the goal).

jack smith is not a football. neither is pook. migs was quality tracking back but looked scared to pass at times.

brown...i feel harsh to slag him off in his first game but he seemed so far off the pace it hurt. he stood there wanting the ball to feet instead of running into channels etc

how on earth are colchester 4th? do they rely on curo or were they pap today?

i think this is an excellent result, i really really do. i just hope we can consolidate on this and get atleast a point at chesterfield.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 17:46:27 »

Quote from: "bennett"
ijack smith is not a football. neither is pook.
:roll:  well duh
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 17:56:45 »

WHY DO WE PAY THEM THEN?! surely we could just sell their place in the team to whoever wants to pay the most and relieve some of the financial burden, PLUS whoever plays will still have to be carried by the team!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 18:02:49 »

We're great. Ifil cant pass, Pook is useless, McDermott cant run, Brown was crap and we cant take set pieces...but we're great. Cheesy

Shakes has improved his crossing, Stef didnt put a foot wrong and the defence are improving every game. Big well done to Holgate today, he ran his socks off and was unlucky not to score in the first half.

Lets hope the win today brings a few more in to see us beat Swansea. Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 18:06:51 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
We're great. Ifil cant pass, Pook is useless, McDermott cant run, Brown was crap and we cant take set pieces...but we're great. Cheesy

Shakes has improved his crossing, Stef didnt put a foot wrong and the defence are improving every game. Big well done to Holgate today, he ran his socks off and was unlucky not to score in the first half.

Lets hope the win today brings a few more in to see us beat Swansea. Wink

To be fair to Brown....he does a lot of ugly stuff (Ron Atkinsonism get used to it)......the lad Halford on the right is their big player and Brown helped Nicho keep him quiet.

I thought he did OK.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 18:09:07 »

he did seem to be playing 2nd left back in the first half, but then when we had the wind in our sails he didn't seem to participate that much

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 18:22:08 »

My thoughts....

That save by Evans from Yeates free kick was awesome, very good save.

Jack Smith is being very inconsistant at the moment, you have to remember he has been out injured a while. He was playing very well before his injure

Sean O'Hanlon played well today and at one point I even heard him shouting.

Jerel Ifil, got loads of stick he didnt deserve last week, will probably get it again today but I thought he played very well, he kept them quiet and got the foot in when needed plenty of times. Distribution still shocking, but I thought he was solid at the back

Andy Nicholas- Very good, solid at the back and good going forward, always looked dangerous when running at their full back, got more license to go forward with Brown willing to cover him, getting back to his best after a poor showing last season

Ricky Shakes worked hard and tracked back well, very quick. If he has some football talent he would be ace. Hopefully he'll keep working at it

Neale McDermott, thought he did alright nothing to write home about, but nothing poor either

Stefani Miglioranzi, was everywhere as usual, bombing forward one minute defending the next. Typical Miglioranzi, got caught on the ball a few times. Does alot of defending, most people are only just starting to notice

Aaron Brown, think Reg said it best. He didnt tear up any trees but did he job well and helped Nicho out alot

Rory Fallon, worked hard didnt get alot going for him, but if there was ever a time we needed him to score, it was then

Ashan Holgate looked lively showed some good touches, clearly a bit lightweight to do this every week. Hopefully will bulk up and bit. Good player

Michael Pook thought when he came on he started off slowly but eventually found his feet and got going

Hamuer Bouazza is fucking shite, total rubbish greedy bastard waste of a loan....is what everyone was saying last week. Good run and cross for the goal...how rubbish  :roll:

I thought we played the much better football and deserved to win, they had nothing in the second half bar a free kick. A neutral wouldnt have guessed they were 4th and we were 24th.

Good display, full of guts and determination, same again Wednesday please.

Hope you enjoyed boxing day off Mr. King  :twisted:
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 18:25:22 »

DMR's taunting of the ColU fans was simply superb!
STFC Village

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 18:30:06 »

Completely agree DV! Not bad for a pessimist Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 19:10:32 »

right, my rather rambling and uncomposed thoughts from a very cold brain...

today was a much improved performance on the previous two home games in which we were absolutely abysmal. i wasn't very optimistic going into today's game and whilst i don't think we were anything special, we deserved the win.

starting holgate was a surprise out of the blue, i presume iffy was hoping he'd have a similar sort of effect to stroud at huddersfield but i felt it didn't really work out. the lad is too lightweight for this level and needs to bulk up properly first. however, he does show some neat touches but seems to run away from goal when he has the ball at his feet which is never going to get you anywhere.

the goal was certainly not against the run of play whatsoever, the second half col u didn't really create anything except the freekick from yeates which evans did well to save. bouazza was unlucky not to score not long after he came on when he was through on goal but his powerful strike was deflected off the keeper's leg and out of play.

evans was solid except for that very worrying moment when he spilled the ball, thankfully only to nicho's feet.

smith did a reasonable job without impressing me a great deal. solid enough but shaky at times.

ifil's distribution was shocking and everytime he hoofed the ball up the pitch i wanted to slap the cunt silly. he did however make some good tackles so i suppose i'll try and forgive him. i'm not sure how much longer i can cope with his aimless punts up field when he's got players open in space right next to him.

seano still hasn't found his best form but coped well with eeyore up front for col u.

nicholas was superb, bombed forward to good effect and defended well. combed well with brown on the left.

shakes still can't cross the ball particularly well but he's got pace and has so much energy to burn he could probably play another full 90 minutes straight after the game. frightens defenders and his running with the ball is improving, his brain is finally starting to catch up with his feet.

mcdermott was steady without doing anything particularly worthwhile, don't really understand what iffy sees in him because he looks totally average to me but i wouldn't object to seeing him sign permanently.

miglioranzi was back to his best after the appalling display against blackpool, showed some fantastic touches, used the ball well and i feel that keeping him fit is key to our survival chances this season.

brown played fairly well, combined well with nicho and covered at left-back when neccesary. his deadball delivery is a little inconsistent but he has got the ability to cross the ball to a decent standard which is something we really lack at times. i'd offer him a contract until the end of the season if possible.

fallon looked lazy and disinterested at times, possibly the only player who looked as if they were suffering the after effects of christmas day. however, he took his goal well and that's what he's there for after all.

holgate i've spoken about already but to reiterate; too lightweight and needs to bulk up but showed some deft touches at times.

pook did well when he came on and i'd stick him in the team for chesterfield. i rate him but his consistency does concern me at times.

bouazza was unlucky not to score and set up rory's goal. not a bad little cameo that.

anyway, it was an improvement and a very welcome three points. my only concern is whether we can keep this momentum going into the game on wednesday. onwards and upwards.

oh, and i've not celebrated a goal quite like that for ages. everything just exploded. superb.
STFC Village

« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 19:17:33 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
nicholas was superb. combed well with brown on the left.
:grin: That made I chuckle
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 19:21:17 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/c5/4a/0,,10341~2771653,00.jpg

bit of combover action going on there i reckon...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 19:22:12 »

not going to write loads, never do.

played well, deserved the win, defence looked more solid, ifil was quality. midfield was battling, espically miglioranzi and the attack...well, fallon scored eventually.  Soapy Tit Wank
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 21:16:59 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
DMR's taunting of the ColU fans was simply superb!

thanks Cool
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 26, 2005, 21:36:09 »

Explain....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: