Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW CONSORTIUM TO TAKE OVER  (Read 15357 times)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:27:40 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
It does say the board will change though.

Neither Mike Diamandes nor Seton Wills are currently on the board, so the board changing does not necessarily mean there will be a change in who controls the club.

They've bought the club some time (a good thing) but also themselves (not so good).
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:27:53 »

Quote from: "STFC_Loyalist"
If true that means the current board will be gone which is what everyone wanted anyway.....

well don't be to sure just yet. they haven't said they are all buggering off have they. just that there will be shakes ups in the backroom staff
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:28:42 »

Any new consortium or investor would have their own people on the Board, looks like goodbye to at least some of the current cronies, assuming the statement is true.

As a sceptic, I still can't help thinking this must surely be positve news..
Barry Scott

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:29:26 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
what's there to be happy about? there is notihng material and it suggests this new consortium will be headed up by the same people, so it's hardly something worth getting excited about.

Cheer up. It says nothing concrete, it's ambiguous and just makes me feel happy that we could move forward.

It says fuck all, which confirms one way or t'other whether the current board will be part of the new consortium.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:29:45 »

I am just glad the club can now pay the CVA

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:30:28 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

You reckon?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:31:28 »

Same Bushey, at least we know we'll have a club now.... I think?! It doesn't actually mention if the CVA is sorted.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:32:38 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Same Bushey, at least we know we'll have a club now.... I think?! It doesn't actually mention if the CVA is sorted.

Yes. And notice it doesn't actually say who these 'investors' are :?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:32:47 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

You reckon?

yeah, it says immediate financial blah blah which to me is the CVA

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:33:57 »

I'm sure we'll find out.

I know the board are a bunch of clowns, but even they wouldn't be stupid enough to put out an announcement like this when it's complete rubbish...Surely..
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:34:52 »

Is this good news?  On the face of it yes, but the statement is so vague that it could mean virtually anything.

My interpretation (which could well be wrong) is that the Wills and Diamandis will still be involved as major shareholders but that someone (or a group of people) are buying in, and that these people are essentially going to run the club.

Will Diamandis still be "general manager"? Does this confirm that he has a shareholding in the holding co? Does this mean we have seen the last of ALL the current board? (please god yes)

This should stop anybody from issuing a winding up order in the 8 weeks hopefully, so thats a positive at least. I supported the Fans consortium but it has been evident for months now that it wasnt going to happen.  IF Daimandis position has been significantly weakened by this move, the current board are going to fuck off,  the CVA will be paid, and there will be additional investment in the playing side, then this looks pretty positive to me. It just remains to be seen whether that is actually the case.
Barry Scott

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:34:56 »

Quote from: "thepeoplesgame"
It does say the board will change though.

Neither Mike Diamandes nor Seton Wills are currently on the board, so the board changing does not necessarily mean there will be a change in who controls the club.

They've bought the club some time (a good thing) but also themselves (not so good).

i'm trying not to read between the lines

I'm ignoring this thread now, too much negative energy; it's messing with my chakras man.

I'm happy for the time being. It's unfortunate that the statement is ambiguous, but we know nothing as fact. We can but wait.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:34:58 »

Nail on the head.

I read through the statement then the two pages here and nobody has said WHO wants to put money in!!!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:36:19 »

I know the board are a bunch of clowns, but even they wouldn't be stupid enough to put out an announcement like this when it's complete rubbish...Surely..

Now they wouldn't, but I'm sceptical about Diamandis' involvment with this 'new consortium'.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2007, 10:36:51 »

i think we have to welcome this although cautiously, any outside investment is better than we currently have, however i will hold my breath until we know who it is and what there exact plans are.

the fundamental centerpiece is that we will avoid liquidation. lets all keep our fingers crossed.

the one sticking point is the power/shares issue, i can see him being made a scapegoat and being seen to be preventing the club from moving forwards. diamandis will make power out to be the big bad wolf.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: