Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Packet loss.  (Read 3155 times)
Flashheart

« on: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 20:56:40 »

I have 61% packet loss.

It was fine up until today, a windows 10 update later and all of a sudden it's gone to shit. Thanks Microsoft.

I checked on my laptop and there's no problem there so it's not the ISP/router. Swapped the dongle and that made no difference. This is very fucking irritating, it means I can't play certain online games. Very fucking annoyed. Thanks for the update Microsoft, thanks a fucking lot.

Any ideas?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 21:45:35 »

I have 61% packet loss.

It was fine up until today, a windows 10 update later and all of a sudden it's gone to shit. Thanks Microsoft.

I checked on my laptop and there's no problem there so it's not the ISP/router. Swapped the dongle and that made no difference. This is very fucking irritating, it means I can't play certain online games. Very fucking annoyed. Thanks for the update Microsoft, thanks a fucking lot.

Any ideas?

It's to do with getting older and fatter, mine certainly looks smaller than it did 20 years ago.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 07:53:07 »

Nowt for me. I've been having problems with one of my boys saying that his Xbox live keeps freezing. Next time he compains I'll check. But, running ping -n 20 8.8.8.8 now (when the kids are asleep) shows nowt after Win 10 upgrade.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:13:37 »

It's down to 1% now, hopefully it'll stay there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:30:41 »

Are you running wifi FH?

seems the packet loss issue in Win 10 only applies to wifi connections, when hard wired there is 0% packet loss normally.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:40:05 »

Wifi, yeah. I can only use wifi on my machine.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:42:47 »

Wifi, yeah. I can only use wifi on my machine.
Distance to router too far? or stealing someone elses wifi? Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:48:39 »

The router is about 3 meters away, and it's definitely my connection. Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 11:30:34 »

No packet loss at all now, hopefully windows won't go dicking about with stuff again any time soon.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 23:39:52 »

I get unknown boot device from the anniversary update (boot from ssd) - fuck off anniversary update
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 21:27:01 »

I've been struggling with this issue for a few weeks since the last win 10 upgrade. Some days no wifi at all others it's fine. I'm told that re - installing the wifi drivers from the vendor (not generic / ms version) would fix it. May need to select the option to run in compatibility mode but haven't tried that yet. If I revert to the point before the update it all works  fine.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 21:42:40 »

When I was searching for my problem it seemed that packet loss is a common occurrence with Windows 10.

The updates are really beginning to get on my tits in general. My laptop was barely usable for a couple of hours today. It was fine until restarting after yet another update. Not only do the updates seem to fuck things up, they also seem to be regular. 
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 3, 2016, 22:03:04 »

Yup, I agree. I have a modicum of tech knowledge but im stumped. There isnt even an easy wipe and restart option anymore. How many hours and cash people spend on fixing an issue that MS appear to have created beggars belief
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: