Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread (12:30 KO)  (Read 39420 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 16:47:25 »

Oxford 2-0 up now
fuck oxford.  Newcastle are lulling them into a false sense of feeling like world beaters so we can hammer them next week.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 16:49:27 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 16:49:13 »

Sharpening their knives.

3 now
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 16:49:15 »

fuck oxford.

That's the spirit...
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 16:53:26 »

LW: I've got full confidence in the players. We'll keep fighting together, we won't turn our backs on each other.

Good god

When I worked for New Zealand Milk, there was the exact same attitude. You daren't turn your backs on your colleagues for fear of how they would stitch you up.
That didn't end happily as the company no longer trades (as a factory) anymore.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 17:01:21 »

That could have been a lot worse....we've still just got our head above the drop line, despite being so poor.  I'd imagine it will be next week that we enter, and then with the window closed, we'll probably know if it's time to get out the Div 4 road map, and start looking for who we want to be there next in August.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 17:02:34 »

G
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #156 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 17:10:36 »

We were total fucking shite. The first half was an embarrassment and Rovers should have had the game in the bag. The second half was marginally better. Some Town fans summed it up well afterwards when they told the Rovwrs fans they were fucking shit as they only beat us 1 0. No player other than Vigs can be happy with their performance. Fruz offers us as much as a traffic cone but possibly with less effort - exactly the type of player we don;t need. None of the players appeared to give a flying fuck. Tactically we were inept as well. We played so narrow that Rovers could run down the wings at will. Then theyd bang the long cross to the back post and we were clueless. Colkett, Gladwin and Goddard were total toss. Norris may as well have stayed in bed.
The movement was non existent, the effort non existent and we could have been there all night and not scored. We are fucked. Most of the players would get away without having a shower afterwards, such was their total apathy. They were going through the motions waiting for something to happen.
I met up with a couple of mates afterwards who were Rovers and they said we were total shite as well.Not nice to hear a pub full of Rovers all laughing at how shit we were.
I am absolutely dreading Sunday. The players have obviously given up. They and Williams all need to fuck off bar Vigs and we need to start again.  

FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 17:58:37 »

This is the problem, Williams knows we need physicality and experience, but he has no say in who comes in. Williams is a puppet really

I understand Power/Sherwood (if he exists) are in control of transfers. I don't understand why Williams is not aware of what they are doing. If he is such a respected coach, why is his opinion not wanted and taken? Why isn't he informed which players will be dumped on him from one week to the next?

I've been ambivalent all season to this pathetic rabble, but we're heading towards a season where our record might show less than a goal a game, with crowds down to sub 6,500, without any shred of fun or enjoyment from the season. It makes me so
angry that someone could run this club with such complacency, arrogance and utter ineptitude.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 18:09:30 »

Chalkie's comment on the radio that Town didn't work hard enough is the simple reason why we'll get relegated.

Not having the ability/desire to compete in local derbies, not having the ability/desire to compete in cup matches against teams from lower divisions means that we're not equipped to battle it out against teams who are also in the relegation mire.

If the Williams/Sherwood combo remains, it wouldn't surprise me if we finished bottom.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 18:10:15 »

Considering Power and Sherwood came out in public and said we needed experienced players, if we don't get any in before the end of the window, then they have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes

I suspect are transfer dealings are done for this window

Sent from my iPhone

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 18:17:16 »

Considering Power and Sherwood came out in public and said we needed experienced players, if we don't get any in before the end of the window, then they have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes

I suspect are transfer dealings are done for this window
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two come in, not necessarily experienced players though.

Experienced pros aren't necessarily the answer. We just need players who are motivated to give as good as they get, regardless of age and experience. Having a game plan in which defending as a team and attacking as a team is a given would help.
Carly

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 19:46:00 »

2nd half today showed a little more desire but unfortunately we just continue to look completely out-matched by every team that we play.

Credit to Billy Bodin, great shot today.

We DESPERATELY need a couple of strikers, nobody can/will finish - Hylton did show desire but just isn't strong enough and will definitely get flattened by League 2 defenders next season.

Brophy and Dabo were my MOM today if I HAD to choose, they tried but unfortunately their final ball let them down. Gladders had a stinker, Goddard was quiet but at least lumped it forward when he gained possession. The others don't really warrant a mention......

Anybody else concerned about Vigs double cross armed waving at the end of the match? If he's off we are well and truly f*cked!!

We'll get walloped on Sunday against the Pox.....

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 19:52:12 »

A goalscorer or two could/should take us out of the relegation battle but we need more than a couple of centre forwards. I wish the issue was as simple as that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 20:06:28 »

A goalscorer or two could/should take us out of the relegation battle

That's the only aim this season isn't it. I think I know what you mean, putting Ajose in this squad isn't going to make much difference if we can't get the ball to him in the box.
Carly

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 20:07:25 »

I'm just thinking short term fix - the bigger picture cannot even be considered realistically at the end of January.

If we stay up then we are riding on our luck, completely.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: