Poll
Question: Do you back hard action if the talks have collapsed  (Voting closed: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 17:18:36)
Yes - 46 (92%)
Let's wait longer - 4 (8%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you back hard action if talks have collapsed  (Read 10468 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:15:30 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "DV85"
I didnt quite say arse lick, but I dont understand it, esp as Gary was anti-board a few months ago.

I really dont understand the complete 180 turn.

Nothing against you personally Gaz....but the turn still makes no sense to me....

The board have buttered him up, quite literally. Promised him a role as fan's representative so he gets absolutely roasted.

if that is true, I cant think of anyone worse to represent 'the fans'

:shock:
glos_robin

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:16:43 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "glos_robin"
Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "glos_robin"
Fred I appreciate you can't give details but when you say this is the end of the road do you mean it completely?

Does this mean there is no hope of any takeover or signify the end of the 'Mr Nice Guy' approach

Dignified calm heads approach has failed.

It is time for us as fans to mobilise and force the situation

OK well thats kind if lifted the gloom abit for me, I thought you were saying that the Consortium was giving up

WE WILL NEVER EVER FUCKING GIVE UP

I PROMISE YOU THAT HERE AND NOW !!!!!!!

Exact words I wanted to hear, well I'm in on any protest then, lets hit them where it hurts..........Whits and Sonic I would turn your phones off with the stuff thats likely to get discussed on here now
townfanupnorth

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:17:22 »

Anyone who licks the boards arse from now on is a complete and utter bum licking idiot, talks have collapsed, what does it take for you to get it into your heads that this club is dying and we need to force these clowns out of town!! the board will get a hell of alot of grief from now on thats one thing for certain!
townfanupnorth

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:19:09 »

We need to really hurt Diamandis, Gray, Starnes, Holt etc, let's give them everything we've got!!

I don't know about anyone else but Seton Wills is not in my good books either, is he any better than the rest of them? i thought he had the club's best interests at heart, obviously not!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:20:27 »

I'm going to go back in time and give a relative a sports almanac from the future. Then when it gets to 1999 they can put a massive bid in for the club and all will be good.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:34:56 »

alright then...lets remember what this is all about - it's not abut who we want in charge, or who we think'll be nicer to the fans...it's about whether we want STFC in Swindon, or closer to Ashton Gate than the County Ground.

If we want a protest, lets make it a proper protest - not a few kids messing around behind the Arkells laughing away because they're causing some aggro, and then go off and watch their favourite player Drogba afterwards.

So it needs to publicised, informed, non-violent and above all else, organised. Make sure that everybody knows whats going on - if talks have stopped, there is nothing to stop the whole truth coming out - we make sure everyone knows it, fairweather fans, families...everyone must know what a bunch of crooks is at the helm and what they intend to do with our club.

And we make sure it's 3000 not 300 behind the Arkells - and we stay there.

And we'll do it at every game, every single game until we make them realise that Town fans are no longer apathetic to the way they are running OUR club, and that if they won't move no, then we'll push them out.

They had a chance to move out with money in their pockets and peacefully - their chance for that is over.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:37:29 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
alright then...lets remember what this is all about - it's not abut who we want in charge, or who we think'll be nicer to the fans...it's about whether we want STFC in Swindon, or closer to Ashton Gate than the County Ground.

If we want a protest, lets make it a proper protest - not a few kids messing around behind the Arkells laughing away because they're causing some aggro, and then go off and watch their favourite player Drogba afterwards.

So it needs to publicised, informed, non-violent and above all else, organised. Make sure that everybody knows whats going on - if talks have stopped, there is nothing to stop the whole truth coming out - we make sure everyone knows it, fairweather fans, families...everyone must know what a bunch of crooks is at the helm and what they intend to do with our club.

And we'll do it at every game, every single game until we make them realise that Town fans are no longer apathetic to the way they are running OUR club, and that if they won't move no, then we'll push them out.

They had a chance to move out with money in their pockets and peacefully - their chance for that is over.

I very much doubt theirs 3000 people who know much about this, and even less that actually care. Upsetting, but probably true.

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:37:46 »

Moonie - I'm 100% sure any protest will be done properly, but as you say this is imperitive
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:42:13 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"

I very much doubt theirs 3000 people who know much about this, and even less that actually care. Upsetting, but probably true.

Then we make sure they do - in 1990 the whole Town flcoked onto the street when we were relegated. 1st not 3rd, swindon Town....people out there then weren't Town fans (so I'm told....I was 7) but they were concerned and angered locals.

That was then...and now we're a basement division club. But in the same way, we can make that fairweather proportion know what will happen to the club if we don't act.

3000 - it's achievable. But no matter how many it is...we show them that we care, and that we won't accept them.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:44:08 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"

Then we make sure they do - in 1990 the whole Town flcoked onto the street when we were relegated. 1st not 3rd, swindon Town....people out there then weren't Town fans (so I'm told....I was 7) but they were concerned and angered locals.

That was then...and now we're a basement division club. But in the same way, we can make that fairweather proportion know what will happen to the club if we don't act.

3000 - it's achievable.

I hope to gof your right

Things get better but they never get good
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 22:54:56 »

how can anyone possinly consider waiting longer? the longer we wait the worse it gets! perhaps we all waited too long! now look what has happened! its not good news fellas thats for sure and if action is not taken now then the worse could happen........
lebowski

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 23:10:09 »

WELL, all i'm saying is that the pro-hunt lobby barged into parliament to get their message across... and then on boxing day there were more people at the hunt than ever before.

come on people, let's have it, in to the board room on saturday... who wants to defacate on bob holt's chair?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 23:15:24 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
WELL, all i'm saying is that the pro-hunt lobby barged into parliament to get their message across... and then on boxing day there were more people at the hunt than ever before.

come on people, let's have it, in to the board room on saturday... who wants to defacate on bob holt's chair?

nah ill just put a whoopy cushion on mike D's chair and laugh like a sausage when he sits on it
deltaincline

« Reply #103 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 01:38:16 »

Some very wise words there Moonraker.

I've tracked back and forth on the forums tonight trying to find out what the state of play currently is. From what I've seen a few obviously well informed and well connected lads (I thank you all for getting the message across as best you were able to do within the obvious constraints that bind you, by the way) have given a wink and a nod that all is not well with the consortiums bid to buy the club.

We can all talk this over and offer our points of view till the cows come home, but the cunts that want to make a profit from moving us to Chippenham will not take notice of internet forum comments and arguments.

Moonraker adequately summed up what now needs to happen if fans are to influence change.

Would the generals and majors of the stfc fanbase please now step forward and tell us what we can do to help the cause?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: