Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 122415 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 02:21:28 »

Too deflated now, "you build them up and you knock them down". If this is another complete fuck up then i'm out!
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 02:56:07 »

Upset he's gone and surprised to bmuff and the shit price , but i  will be more worried if others start to go and obviously PDC . When  ( ritchie )  first joined you could see how much better he was than the players around him and you could see he was 5 seconds in front from playing at a higher level , but the players around him have adapted  and we have a much better team ( squad ) than the last time we  were in this league and i dont think we will miss him as much as we might think  and even though he got player of  the year last season i wouldnt of had him in my top 5  for Swindon  let alone the whole division . Anyway good luck Matt you ballboy beating cunt .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 03:18:26 »

Watch us end up landing Bournemouth in the play offs and Ritchie netting the winner Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 06:46:08 »

My 8 year old ad on hearing the news:

"Bournemouth? Did you say Bournemouth"..."Did we get loads of money?"....."then why?"

Welcome to supporting STFC son. The two Wembley visits and promotion were the oddity, the relegation and panic selling on the cheap seem far more normal.

I've slept on it, and while I understand there may not have been much financial choice I'm no less pissed off the sale went through yesterday for such little money.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 06:51:25 »

I've slept on it, and while I understand there may not have been much financial choice I'm no less pissed off the sale went through yesterday for such little money.

Glad you did. I had one of those nights when all I could envisage was Wes, Ferry et al leaving today along with PDC.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 06:55:56 »

Glad you did. I had one of those nights when all I could envisage was Wes, Ferry et al leaving today along with PDC.

Given yesterdays events we all have that. Hopefully selling Ritchie prevents it, and to be honest I may not be able to stomach a blow like that.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:20:09 »

The way I see look at it is this... His sale was never going to be popular, and the fact the publicised fee appears so low makes it worse BUT without this sale the takeover would not have gone through and the club would have been facing admin and a major points deduction from the FL (and you can guarantee we would have been spanked worse than Luton by them) so here's the rub... Ritchie's sale may appear cheap but despite his skills and talent we didn't have big teams knocking our door down to buy him... The only team to make an offer was Bournemouth and they wanted him badly.

So what would you rather?

keep Ritchie and get 20 point deduction and embargo

Sell Ritchie, save the club and have the opportunity to bring a replacement
china red

« Reply #517 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:27:22 »

Gutted that Ritchie has gone to one of our rivals for such a paltry amount of money, it hurts and if it does mean our season goes off the rails then many of us will be really pissed off.

However, if as has been mention Black et a have written off almost £10 million of debt then they deserve a huge amount of credit and thanks from town fans.  Look at where we were 6 years ago, this group of owners are the reason we have a club, they gave us stability, a championship and we are in a much stronger position both on and off the pitch than we've been in years. 

Black seems to have lost a fair amount of money in the past year, has got desperate to sell but has done us a huge favour by writing off this debt.  Thanks Andrew Black

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:28:47 »

I can certainly see that side of it MacPhlea.

If there was a funding gap that had to be bridged I understand this was probably the easiest way of achieving that.

The main concern has to be the long term stability of the club and so a successful takeover eliminating worries of administration was the more important issue for me.

Having said that, the nature of Ritchie's departure, the destination and the fee can't help but rankle, could never have envisaged his leaving for a club below the Championship, and for such a derisory sum.

Mixed emotions, but at least we've still got a club who are unbeaten in 8 and 3rd in the league to fret about transfer wise today, and then go and support on Saturday for our customary 3-0 victory against Crawley.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:30:31 »

The way I see look at it is this... His sale was never going to be popular, and the fact the publicised fee appears so low makes it worse BUT without this sale the takeover would not have gone through and the club would have been facing admin and a major points deduction from the FL (and you can guarantee we would have been spanked worse than Luton by them) so here's the rub... Ritchie's sale may appear cheap but despite his skills and talent we didn't have big teams knocking our door down to buy him... The only team to make an offer was Bournemouth and they wanted him badly.

So what would you rather?

keep Ritchie and get 20 point deduction and embargo

Sell Ritchie, save the club and have the opportunity to bring a replacement

I would say you are probably right, it's the not knowing that has been the problem. I explained this exact scenario to my wife at 1am!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:34:27 »

My 8 year old ad on hearing the news:

"Bournemouth? Did you say Bournemouth"..."Did we get loads of money?"....."then why?"

Welcome to supporting STFC son. The two Wembley visits and promotion were the oddity, the relegation and panic selling on the cheap seem far more normal.

Ain't that the truth...though another way of looking at it is we sold Ritchie for £10.5m

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Flashheart

« Reply #521 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:34:45 »

Hopefully PDC will be given the wonga for a replacement. We may even get in a loanee better than Rtchie.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:40:32 »

Ain't that the truth...though another way of looking at it is we sold Ritchie for £10.5m
Good point Yes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:43:52 »

I still fail to see why selling Ritchie was a prerequisite to getting the take over done.

All those money men could have come up with something better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 07:44:56 »

35 pages and the most irritating thing about this whole thing for me? The spelling of fucking 'Matt Richie'

Aside from that, I am a little narked at having sold him at what I think is below the going rate. I think a fee nearer 1 million would have been more realistic.

But, lets hold on until 11pm today and see who is brought in. Clearly Rooney, RDV and Roberts are now our only wingers and this isn't going to be enough to continue our promotion 'charge'. The ideal scenario is that Roberts replaces Ritchie like for like and starts to come good.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: