Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scholes: "I needed more time"  (Read 4336 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 21:05:05 »

I don't mind Scholes but he's seriously over-rated. He was good when he first came onto the scene. I still don't know why he quite international football really. Seemed strange at the time. There's no way he'd get into our team now though. ahead of Barry, Carrick, Lambard, Gerrard or Milner? Not a chance.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 21:07:17 »

Hopefully the whole of football is heading back to being more about football now. Hopefully weve seen the worst of the WAG, celebrity culture in the game?

The John Terry saga suggests otherwise. Not to mention Ashley Cole as well. Sadly the English game is full of the WAG shite. Don't think it'll ever change now.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 21:11:58 »

The John Terry saga suggests otherwise. Not to mention Ashley Cole as well. Sadly the English game is full of the WAG shite. Don't think it'll ever change now.

You can thank DB for that Wink

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 21:59:38 »

The best english midfielder of our generation over rated.

I think not.

Go read what other players say about him...
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 22:24:26 »

It gets me that people will stick up for Scholes yet have a go at Beckham.

Beckham would do anything to play for his country, whilst Scholes doesn't give a flying fuck.

Scholes is a dignified football man, who has always let his football do the talking. If theres something he doesnt give a flying fuck for, it would be celebrity, fame and riches.

Wasnt directly comparing him to Beckham. But as I said, why would England under Sven have appealed to Paul Scholes? He isnt part of their little clique club, never wanted anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 22:27:11 by Spencer_White » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 22:52:46 »

Scholes is a dignified football man, who has always let his football do the talking. If theres something he doesnt give a flying fuck for, it would be celebrity, fame and riches.

Wasnt directly comparing him to Beckham. But as I said, why would England under Sven have appealed to Paul Scholes? He isnt part of their little clique club, never wanted anything to do with it.

Beckham got dropped by McLaren for no reason other than to make a statement. He didn't give up and he didn't retire and he most certainly didn't want to stop playing for England. He worked his bollocks off and got picked again. Pretty similar when Capello took over, who made it clear Beckham had to fight and work to get his place back. Once again, he didn't give up and he didn't retire and he most certainly didn't want to stop playing for England. He worked his bollocks off and got picked again.

The going gets a bit tough for Scholes, he doesn't fancy it so he retires from international football. He gets offered a come back chance by McLaren, no work extra work or effort involved, and he says no. Exactly the same happens with Capello.

Beckham most likely reckons he's got a chance of playing at the next World Cup and will be doing everything he can to make it happen. Whilst Scholes, as I said before, just doesn't give a flying fuck about playing for his country. So he can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.

No one was comparing Scholes to Beckham, but I brought up the comparison to show how stupid it was to claim Scholes was right and somehow a better person for refusing to play for his country. He isn't and there is no dignity about him refusing the call of his country either.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 22:55:48 »

The going gets a bit tough for Scholes, he doesn't fancy it so he retires from international football. He gets offered a come back chance by McLaren, no work extra work or effort involved, and he says no. Exactly the same happens with Capello.

Beckham most likely reckons he's got a chance of playing at the next World Cup and will be doing everything he can to make it happen. Whilst Scholes, as I said before, just doesn't give a flying fuck about playing for his country. So he can go fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.

No one was comparing Scholes to Beckham, but I brought up the comparison to show how stupid it was to claim Scholes was right and somehow a better person for refusing to play for his country. He isn't and there is no dignity about him refusing the call of his country either.
You have no idea what Scholes' circumstances or reasons for retiring from internation football were. To say he quit when 'the going got tough' is naive and patronising to say the least.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 22:56:30 »

Apart from scholes clearly said if the call had come earlier he would of played which makes your essay a bit fucking pointless.

He said no because at the time of asking it would of meant taking someones place who has been involved for a few years getting us to the world cup.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 22:58:32 »

The best english midfielder of our generation over rated.

I think not.

Go read what other players say about him...

it wouldn't be debateable if he could tackle.but he can't so it is
One F In Fitton

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 23:46:33 »

Many top players from all over the world have worshipped Scholes for years, plus Ferguson (as much as I hate the cunt) wants to give him a rimming and has kept him since he was a kid. And now 2 England managers have begged him to come out of international retirement - but, yeh, he's not THAT good......

The only saving grace is that we won't have a repeat of this during the next month;

Barry's Edit: Some people read this forum at work and don't want a cock plastered across their screens.  Angry

Paul Scholes' Knob

« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 08:56:03 by Barry Scott » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 00:12:55 »

Apart from scholes clearly said if the call had come earlier he would of played which makes your essay a bit fucking pointless.

He said no because at the time of asking it would of meant taking someones place who has been involved for a few years getting us to the world cup.

There was pretty much an open invitation for Scholes to play for England again since Eriksson left the job, plus McLaren and Capello have asked him formally a number of times between them. So its bollocks for Scholes to say he would have played if asked sooner as he was and he didn't.

As regards the comment about taking someone else's place as he hadn't played for England recently, how do you think that made King, Dawson, Cole and Warnock feel as they were all in a similar position?

I'm not knocking him as a footballer but he turned his back on England and he shouldn't be praised or defended for that decision.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 00:26:55 »

it wouldn't be debateable if he could tackle.but he can't so it is

Not debatable in the slighest, not for me anyway but you being older have probably see at least 15 years worth of more midfielders than me.

Scholes retired from international football to prolong his domestic career.

Whist Scholes still plays at the top level and can still mix it with the best of them, Beckham plays in a joke league.

If Beckham was this stand up brilliant I just want to football guy (remember I like Beckham) then he wouldn't have sign for LA Galaxy in the first place.

He signed there to be a footballer second and celebrity first. Think he regrets it mind you but still...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 07:31:02 »

Thanks for the graphic picture One F In Fitton. That was exactly what I needed to see at work on a Wednesday morning.  :cunt:
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 08:34:31 »

Whatever nostalgic view you and I have of Scholes, he's too old and past international football now.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 08:38:47 »

Whatever nostalgic view you and I have of Scholes, he's too old and past international football now.

Yep. Excellent player in his prime, but that ended approx 5 years ago.  He's still far from shit but i dont see how he would fit into the current england team anyway. He's not a DM and at this moment in time is clearly not better that gerrard or lampard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: