Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 22732 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:35:37 »

Anyone else think Hunt should go forward more than he does?  I wish he would make more of a threat down the left.  His distribution is fine, but most of his touches are going sideways or backwards.  Think we might be missing something down that wing.
Hunt last season always bombed forwards and looked a huge threat, he hasn't done that so far anywhere near as much this season, could be down to his injury?

Payne is very innefective today and it may be worth bringing on Pitman to try and hold the ball up better and add a bit of strength.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:35:43 »

I think j grant has been ok. He’s different to j Smith. More skillful and drifts inside more ( I was going to say this before his goal)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:35:49 »

Anyone else think Hunt should go forward more than he does?  I wish he would make more of a threat down the left.  His distribution is fine, but most of his touches are going sideways or backwards.  Think we might be missing something down that wing.
fully agree.  Hunt a wasted outlet on the lhs.  We could do with a left footer.  Swap him with Caddis however who can at least cut inside on his right foot when he doesn't fancy a left footed pass or cross.  Hunt just turns back and passes inside right footed every time.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:36:51 »

You think everyone is singled out for unfair criticism. Cyrillic Troll indeed!

I am puzzled by this comment.

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:39:07 »

Anyone else think Hunt should go forward more than he does?  I wish he would make more of a threat down the left.  His distribution is fine, but most of his touches are going sideways or backwards.  Think we might be missing something down that wing.
That was where J Grant wasn't having much affect ahead of him. That's why I thought it might be better pushing Hunt forward, moving Grounds to LB and bringing Broadbents height into the game to help tighten up at the back.

But, J Grant drifted into the middle to take space that was made by M Smith drawing the press from Shrews midfield. A little bit of magic and luck later and we are back in the game.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:39:33 »

Great finish but hes been pretty awful until then. Then again almost all the team have been awful so far.

It’s amazing how others see games, I think he was our best player that half personally.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:44:16 »

It’s amazing how others see games, I think he was our best player that half personally.
Indeed it is, most notable for me was the first 30 mins or so Matt Smith could barely find a town player with his passes, which is so unlike him.

Its been difficult to praise many of them today though, then with 15 mins to go we finally get a grip and finally look like we could grab a result.

Huge half this.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:45:47 »

Indeed it is, most notable for me was the first 30 mins or so Matt Smith could barely find a town player with his passes, which is so unlike him.

Its been difficult to praise many of them today though, then with 15 mins to go we finally get a grip and finally look like we could grab a result.

Huge half this.

Yeah not sure if Shrewsbury stopped playing and let us have possession or if we actually took the game by the scruff but either way, we are back in it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:48:14 »

Yeah not sure if Shrewsbury stopped playing and let us have possession or if we actually took the game by the scruff but either way, we are back in it.
Yeah Shrews sat back on their lead and if we grab another goal they will be under huge pressure as they don't have much quality other than strength and height at set peices.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:49:20 »

That was never a fucking free kick the diving twat.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:50:27 »

On a side note amazing how narrow Shrewsbury have made their pitch this season, and must be at least 3 or 4 metres narrower than photos from previous seasons.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:51:02 »

J Smith wildy crosses high and wide.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:51:42 »

On a side note amazing how narrow Shrewsbury have made their pitch this season, and must be at least 3 or 4 metres narrower than photos from previous seasons.
There is certainly a lot of grass outside of the pitch, probably 3 or 4 yards on each side narrower by the look of it.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:52:27 »

Fryer should have called and claimed that ball.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 15:54:24 »

J Smith cross shot over the bar from a great position.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: