Pages: 1 ... 1973 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 1979 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9019609 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #29625 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 14:24:13 »

I'd hazard a guess that Millwall are just holding out for the best deal they can until deadline day. I can't see much point in them holding onto a player that will likely be off in the summer without even playing for them. Even 50k would be better than nothing, plus it'd be one less salary to pay.

Unless the problem is at Sid's end (his agent?)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29626 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 14:51:45 »

I’d be amazed if we signed Nelson now. Just cant see it.

Still trying with Nelson

As I said, I can still see us getting Nelson.  Cheesy
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29627 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:14:39 »

Jeez a quote from the FB page..

So signing players for the future is frowned upon, right, good one. Next they will be saying we only buy old players and don't think of the future etc etc.

Roll Eyes

Dont read it, and certainly dont quote them. They are fucking morons.
Panda Paws

« Reply #29628 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:17:58 »

One more in before the weekend... I'm going to call it as Mark Marshall, based on nothing.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #29629 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:41:33 »

Gladwin was signed from Marlow in similar circumstances. I believe it didn't take him that long to impose himself. People will moan about anything.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #29630 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:44:26 »

They are fucking morons.

That is rather unfair on morons

I come from a land down-under
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29631 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:59:12 »

From FlashHeart:Perhaps, maybe, he's just one for the future? Nowt odd about that. I don't see why it should be expected he'll be in the 1st team any time soon. He's only 18.

Southend fans seem a tad miffed that a good prospect has left them.

I don't think we make this signing for him not to be involved fairly swiftly....

Like that 3rd/4th choice GK, Danny Wilson signed. What was his name...Jakub Jessionkowski?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29632 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:00:24 »

Dont read it, and certainly dont quote them.

Exactly.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #29633 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:01:34 »

One more in before the weekend... I'm going to call it as Mark Marshall, based on nothing.
Hope so. Reckon it'll be Connor Ronan though.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #29634 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:12:53 »

I'd hazard a guess that Millwall are just holding out for the best deal they can until deadline day. I can't see much point in them holding onto a player that will likely be off in the summer without even playing for them. Even 50k would be better than nothing, plus it'd be one less salary to pay.

Unless the problem is at Sid's end (his agent?)

I know I keep setting myself up for a fall here and I don't expect anyone's respect but it pretty much is all Millwall's end. Why on earth they are stalling for the difference of say £5/10k is beyond. They have a player back that they've probably paid around £6k in wages to, to just train/play reserves. That may be £8k by EOJan. If £50k is on the table (+wages Town have paid previously (just in case of tribunal factors) ), makes that up to about £80k. All they will do by keeping him for another 5 months (he IS being released EOS) is lose another £30k on what we've paid towards him. Essentially there's £50k (we assume the figure) for a player they aren't interested in developing any more and a player who wants to come here.

I know Harris is a knobhead but I didn't know he was that stupid. Deadline Day looks likely. If not we'll get him in the Summer. Pretty certain it would have been one of the targets to tie up asap. As they say, time will tell.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:21:11 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #29635 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:19:35 »

I can't see much point in them holding onto a player that will likely be off in the summer without even playing for them.

Sid has played for Millwall previously. Almost thrown in at the deep end in a Championship relegation battle, which they lost. It was Ian Holloway who chucked him in there, and made him captain at only 19. Probably scarred Sid for life. Especially at the 'Wall!

Olly bigged up and put the pressure on Sid more than I bigged up previous Town players like Magera and Commingues (he wasn't that bad actually). The daft twat  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29636 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:22:22 »

Millwall will be hoping for additional interest perhaps even a mild bidding war. They have another week so are in no way obligated to accept the first offer on the table. I would hope that Swindon would do the same.

If they *need* the fee then they'll accept one during this window otherwise Town will just need to hope that Sid is as keen to join Swindon in the summer as much as he apparently is right now.

Sid is a decent defender with plenty of promise and it would be good if Town got their man but I don't think he's worth stressing over too much.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29637 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:22:41 »

"🗣️💬

"Taylor is one for the future. It's about development for him more than anything but we felt it was better to get him in now. He's comfortable on the ball, decent with his pace, and we've got him at a really good age."

#STFC 🔴"

I don't think we make this signing for him not to be involved fairly swiftly....

So who to believe?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29638 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:24:21 »

Millwall will be hoping for additional interest perhaps even a mild bidding war. They have another week so are in no way obligated to accept the first offer on the table. I would hope that Swindon would do the same.

If they *need* the fee then they'll accept one during this window otherwise Town will just need to hope that Sid is as keen to join Swindon in the summer as much as he is right now.

Sid is a decent defender with plenty of promise and it would be good if Town got their man but I don't think he's worth stressing over too much.

Exactly this, I can just imagine the shitstorm if we had a player who had done well at a lower level and then took the first bid mid way through a window. There seems to be a very large assumption that no one has possibly offered a better deal to Millwall already?
Flashheart

« Reply #29639 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:24:22 »

So who to believe?

Tough call.
Pages: 1 ... 1973 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 1979 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: