Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 25 man squad lists  (Read 5139 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 16:53:22 »

Man City have been able to name all of their main players in their 25 man squad, whilst Blackburn Rover, Liverpool and Aston Villa haven't even used the full 25. As I said before, pretty much fuck all will come of it.

Could that not just mean that they have offloaded a few fringe players already though?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 17:01:35 »

Maybe, but the suggestion was that PL clubs would have players that didn't make their squad lists who would go out on loan and that obviously isn't going to happen when some clubs can't even name 25 players. Plus the squad lists are only for PL games, there are separate lists for European competitions and nothing for the domestic cups.

I'm not sure that not counting under 21's is a good idea as if anything it is just encouraging PL clubs to sign up more of them to sit on the bench rather than getting games at a lower level. Maybe make it 30 players and include them.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 18:18:25 »

I think decent players will be loaned out to championship clubs in turn making more experienced players from the championship available for league one and so on.
Exactly my thoughts...

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 09:40:30 »

To highlight the problems further, Arsenal have named a 20 man squad and it doesn't include a single English born player as their "home grown talent" is made up of foreign players that qualify under the 3 years in England under the age of 21 rule. Their website lists a total of 21 players under the age of 21 that will be part of their "25 man squad". What's the point?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 2, 2010, 10:51:49 »

Chelsea have managed to name 76 players due to the under-21 rule according to the papers this morning.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: