Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the play off ticket begging thread  (Read 6351 times)

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:09:07 »

as there are a few fans with requests for tickets i'll start a new thread for it.
i need 5 if any season ticket holders aint using theirs, and want to offer me it.
not expecting anything but worth a try i suppose
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:12:14 »

You might want to at least wait until they go on general sale i.e. see if you actually have a problem to be solved before getting all desperate about it. Ridiculous overreaction as usual

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:16:57 »

i dont want to go in the scramble friday if i can help it.not desperate at all.
how that is a ridiculous overeaction i dont know?
you can bet there are plenty who are asking this question.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:23:01 »

My feeling after listening to a few glory hunters, who told me they'd go if we made it, is that now they're not because of the high costs.

There is no way we will sell out....actually getting your hands on ticket due to relying on Ralphy's mob and a bunch of middlemen is the problem.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:27:08 »

how that is a ridiculous overeaction i dont know?
I was referring to your generally hysterical approach to the ticketing "issue" over all the threads. We've got 37000 tickets, they've been on sale for less than 24 hours. Calm down, you'll get one (or five if that's what you're after)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:33:04 »

you've got me all wrong paul.
having an opinion on how they've distributed tickets,or asking a question, is hardly hysterical or an overeaction.you are overeacting over my posts.

i'm throwing it out there on the off chance someone will help.i expect nothing, but like everyone else would rather avoid the free for all on friday.

i've been offered tickets,just not the 5 i'm after.
if i cant get 5 then i'll wait.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:34:30 »

Every 'glory hunter' is a potential fan.  Really pisses me off when people gang up on folk for showing an interest in the club, however occasional.  So there are a few thousand people out there who don't come often (or at all) but fancy a day out at Wembley...so what?

If we're serious about the club growing its fan base, we need to encourage these people...not look down our noses at them because they don't yet have the same obsession we do.

That said, I think Reg is right about the cost.  Will put a lot of folk off.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:37:19 »

If we're serious about the club growing its fan base, we need to encourage these people...not look down our noses at them because they don't yet have the same obsession we do.
Bollocks to that, I'll be wearing my "Where were you when we were shit?" T-shirt and haranguing anyone who can't name the entire youth squad and every first team player for the past decade Smiley
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:39:54 »

As you may know by my name i come from Newmarket Cambridgeshire which is about a three hour drive to Swindon for me .I sent An email to  brian powel at swindon box office  today explaining to him about getting tickets on friday and how it will concern me as im not on the new system and dont live  local plus im not registered on the club ticket booking site as i only ever pay on the day when i can get down. I have  only made 14 games this season because of the cost and things being tight for me and my daughter.Mr powel replied saying i wont be able to get one as the ticket master want except my post code as i live in suffolk and are only following restrictions put in by the police does anyone know if this is true or can anyone help me in finding another way of buying tickets.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:41:48 by newmarket red » Logged
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:43:22 »

Bollocks to that, I'll be wearing my "Where were you when we were shit?" T-shirt and haranguing anyone who can't name the entire youth squad and every first team player for the past decade Smiley

A fair and proportionate response. Anyone who wasn't out the back of the North Stand after the Cheltenham JP Trophy game hasn't 'earned' it Wink
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:48:25 by thepeoplesgame » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:46:53 »

Every 'glory hunter' is a potential fan.  Really pisses me off when people gang up on folk for showing an interest in the club, however occasional.  So there are a few thousand people out there who don't come often (or at all) but fancy a day out at Wembley...so what?

That said, I think Reg is right about the cost.  Will put a lot of folk off.

I've no prob with glory hunters, I'm just reporting what I've noticed, namely a lot who said they'd definitely go, now plan to do something else, like have a barbie and a watch on TV.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 17:21:29 »

its more expensive than I thought. £55 for the town end of wembley is crazy! I might even feel compelled to sit down in a seat I've paid that much for. (I hear the legroom is outstanding and the quail and chips are to die for)

the plus side is, my inlaws had decided they all want to come along for the ride, whereas I had grand plans of getting mullered with my mates and acting like an idiot all weekend. think the prices might make the inlaws think twice. nice people, don't want to go to football with them.

I don't have a problem with the glory hunters until they start to say "sit down" or "stop swearing theres ladies present" or "who is that fellow in the black brogues with the whistle"
then I pine for the days of 4 thousand on a tuesday night at home to notts county

one things for sure, whatever happens, monday night will stay with me forever.
grahamstfc

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 18:52:40 »

As you may know by my name i come from Newmarket Cambridgeshire which is about a three hour drive to Swindon for me .I sent An email to  brian powel at swindon box office  today explaining to him about getting tickets on friday and how it will concern me as im not on the new system and dont live  local plus im not registered on the club ticket booking site as i only ever pay on the day when i can get down. I have  only made 14 games this season because of the cost and things being tight for me and my daughter.Mr powel replied saying i wont be able to get one as the ticket master want except my post code as i live in suffolk and are only following restrictions put in by the police does anyone know if this is true or can anyone help me in finding another way of buying tickets.

Wait until Friday when anyone with a local postcode can help out.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 10:02:26 »

well my hysterical,overeaction worked.i'm sorted for tickets.
i'm glad i asked around too as i think tickets are selling fast.couldn't get what i wanted in the £52 seats infact nothing is in that price band for anymore than 2 tickets at a time.i had to go for the £62 ones.

i'd strongly advise anyone who can to beg,borrow or steal someones season ticket, and buy yours now.
tomorrow is gonna be a nightmare for people wanting multiple tickets i'm sure.you might have to take what's there. not necessarily what you want.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 10:04:59 »

I was referring to your generally hysterical approach to the ticketing "issue" over all the threads. We've got 37000 tickets, they've been on sale for less than 24 hours. Calm down, you'll get one (or five if that's what you're after)

Soapy Tit Wank  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: