Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the sturrock is going and i dont blame him thread  (Read 3384 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:15:54 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
Management?

Does anyone really think I was serious about Mad Dog........I'm getting better then if they do.......

The question mark seems appropriate, should Sturrock leave. Incidentally, there's no longer a management section.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:18:05 »

Management?

Does anyone really think I was serious about Mad Dog........I'm getting better then if they do.......
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:18:25 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I agree. He's doing what's best for him which is exactly what any of us would do.

And just to put a bit of perspective on this "Oooh he's so disloyal, the fans are the only ones with any loyalty" issue.

Yes. To a degree that is true. But we as fans are only loyal to STFC. We have no loyalty to Paul Sturrock. Let's assume, just for argument's sake that he decides to stay. We then go and lose six games on the bounce. How many people would be saying, "Well I think we should cut him a bit of slack because he's been so loyal to us. Let's not get on his back"

Would that really happen? Would it fuck as like. People expect manager's to be loyal to their club when it suits them but after a few dodgy results they want them out. I seem to remember that there were even a few rumbles of discontent about Sturrock last season when we lost about four away games without scoring a goal. There were a few fans even then who wanted him out. I expect they are now amongst those are saying he's disloyal. It's just hypocritical bollocks.

Spot on OST.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:19:51 »

Fucking spastic computer and double posts  :twisted:

And for what its worth, I also agree with OST.
sonic youth

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:20:14 »

i'm surprised at the amount of abuse he's receiving. i'm putting it down to frustration though, let the dust settle and i'm sure people will recognise his achievements here.

imo the board are entirely to blame for this, why would he want to waste his time attempting to progress this football club when he's unable to sign players due to unpaid bills, he's had players forced upon him because of failed takeovers and perhaps the transfer embargo is the straw that broke the camel's back?
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:24:35 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Management?

The question mark seems appropriate, should Sturrock leave. Incidentally, there's no longer a management section.

Someone's been messing again I see.... :roll:

IMO, its all Mandaric's fault. If that stupid cunt hadn't appointed Allen as boss of Leicester in the first place, then fired him, then eventually hired Holloway, Sturrock would still be ours.

Its all a pile of arse. I'm in a grumpy mood as I'm looking forward to a nice 8 hour overnight flight to the UK tonight = no sleep....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:25:51 »

Um it's been gone for ages Pumba  Wink
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:26:55 »

AS I SAID IN ANOTHER THREAD:

I wouldn't say Sturrock is a cunt, end of the day he could ahve left when BEST were underminding him. he didn't. If he goes it is clearly down to him not having the resources to take us further ie. The transfer embargo etc. That is the boards fault not Sturrock's. The board told him new owners were in place and they haven't materialised. He eventually just lost patience.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 21:28:54 »

Fucking spastic computer and double posts  :twisted:

And for what its worth, I also agree with OST.

so what is bollocks and what is the appropriate place for the thread?
lebowski

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 22:12:10 »

hate to bring it up but i think the possibility of a points deduction, combined with the fact that it's plymouth, is what has made him go.

if the cva etc was not an issue off i'm convinced he would politely decline plymouth's advances. they're 4th now, the highest they've ever been (??), he can only possibly fail.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 08:41:15 »

Wise did exactly the same thing, looking after himself, yet people think he's a cunt.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 08:52:10 »

I don't think he's a cunt, it's just frustrating the way all of them come out with all the soundbites when they arrive, just to piss off as soon as they get the chance.

I said on another thread that if the takeover deal goes through this week and Sturrock still goes then he's let us down. Which shouldn't be a surprise as they all do.

Instead of someone getting the job and saying they're here for the long haul, blah, blah, blah, it would be refreshing if they told the truth: 'While I'm here I'll do my best, but if another club comes in for me that I like the look of you won't see me for dust!'

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 09:06:53 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I don't think he's a cunt, it's just frustrating the way all of them come out with all the soundbites when they arrive, just to piss off as soon as they get the chance.

I said on another thread that if the takeover deal goes through this week and Sturrock still goes then he's let us down. Which shouldn't be a surprise as they all do.

Instead of someone getting the job and saying they're here for the long haul, blah, blah, blah, it would be refreshing if they told the truth: 'While I'm here I'll do my best, but if another club comes in for me that I like the look of you won't see me for dust!'

Very true and far too honest for the likes of a football club manager to come out with!

A bit like the club making Steve Cotterill the manager and the day he arrives he states....I aimt to take the club forward and get us to our best position in the league for years, but, if Bristol City sack their manager then with me being a lifelong fan of theirs...would go to them as they are my first love in football.

Far too honest I suspect but it would be nice.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 09:09:24 »

As football fans its not our job to be rational.Someone asked what I would do in the situation,obviously id stay for ever and I've proved this on FM

Dress it up anyway you like he is 100% letting us and the club down.he's said things about loyalty and being in it for the long term and he was obviously just saying what he thought people wanted to hear and never really ment any of it.

I dont even think he's leaving us in paticularly good shape.

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 09:14:05 »

Well he's definitely not leaving YOU in particularly good shape YR!!!!

Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: