Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: and the adver mom is  (Read 2021 times)

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 09:15:00 »

pook!!!!!
rated 9
was he that good on saturday?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 09:19:35 »

erm, no.  He did alright though but 9 is far too high. 7.5 would have been more like it.  

And I'd have had Ifil or Aljofree as MOTM, although I'm not sure whxih of the fuckers should have been marking Kirk for their goal
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 09:19:49 »

no, good effort, put himself about, solid.  Certainly not a 9 performance.  In fact, P Smith should be MotM but I would still only give him a 7.5 at best.  Nobody shone enough to get a 9, that's for when you beat someone 6-0 or get a 0-0 against a team 2 leagues above you away.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 09:20:15 »

Ifil I'm pretty sure was at fault for the goal however if he hadn't been I would have given him MOM.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 09:28:43 »

Phil Smith was my MOTM excellent saves or we would have lost 3-1 or 4-1
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 09:40:51 »

imo was a good goal from them and i personally wouldn't blame anyone for their goal-good bit of movement from their striker to get in front of ifil with the sort of whipped in cross our forwards could do with-smith stood no chance either.

i think pook stood out, but i remember the 1st couple of things he did on saturday came off for him so maybe that gave him the confidence for the rest of the game-lets hope he produces the goods tomorrow if he starts as there'll be a bit more pressure on him being a home game-and i think i'm right in saying the majority of town fans dont rate him
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 09:49:06 »

Does anyone know why Easton didn't start?
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 10:16:33 »

good to see the local paper backing the local boy

of course the Rock was star man ... as always  Wink
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 10:21:26 »

I think 9 is definitely OTT for any of our players. I would give 8 to the 'triangle' of P Smith, Aljofree and Ifil who, between the three of them, looked rock solid.

I've not seen their goal on TV yet but sometimes, as has been said, no one is at fault and you just have to give credit to the attacking team.

Other than those mentioned I wouldn't give anyone higher than a 7. Pook did play well though. I also thought the Boob looked dangerous and Miguel looked extremely promising.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 10:26:54 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
Does anyone know why Easton didn't start?

I would guess that Sturrock was not overly impressed with Easton's performance at Exeter.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 10:29:25 »

9 is definately OTT.

I dont think a single player scored a 9 for Walsall away last season and that was a far far far better performance than Saturday.

Im interested to see how we play against Luton Saturday now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 12:57:16 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Ifil I'm pretty sure was at fault for the goal however if he hadn't been I would have given him MOM.

I dont think Ifil was at fault for the goal, as when you watch the replays Ifil is with Kirk all the way and they jump up together Kirk just beats him to it

If anyone was at fault for the goal it was Zaaboub, The Northampton winger is coming down the wing and the full back is over lapping and Zaaboub is no where in site.

Vincent isnt sure whether to go to the ball or go towards the over lapping player, this split seconds gives the winger enough time and space to cross it

So, if Zaaboub had tracked backed enough then hopefully we would have cut out the cross.

Pook played well, but a 9 no chance - none of our players deserved a 9. In respect Hartlepool away last season Brez got a 9 and saved two penalties and made a string of world class saves on his debut despite not being able to speak English. To get a 9 in the Adver ratings as an outfield player I'd expect a hat trick at least!!!

Best player on the pitch, not even close P.Smith, Ifil and Aljofree were better.
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 13:00:07 »

Realistically for me id mark them as so ..

Smith 8 J Smith 6 Vincent 5 Ifil 7 Aljofree 7 Pook 7 Adams 6 Zaaboub 6 Roberts 7 Peacock 6 Sturrock 5
Subs Comminges 7 Arrieta 7 Kaid not on long enuf to say
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 13:01:04 »

Quote from: "DV"
If anyone was at fault for the goal it was Zaaboub, The Northampton winger is coming down the wing and the full back is over lapping and Zaaboub is no where in site.

Vincent isnt sure whether to go to the ball or go towards the over lapping player, this split seconds gives the winger enough time and space to cross it

So, if Zaaboub had tracked backed enough then hopefully we would have cut out the cross.

IMO, Vincent was at fault for the goal.

He got too far forwards, made a misplaced pass intended for Zaaboub which went straight to a Northampton player, then didn't get back to track his own man.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 13:06:51 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Quote from: "DV"

IMO, Vincent was at fault for the goal.

He got too far forwards, made a misplaced pass intended for Zaaboub which went straight to a Northampton player, then didn't get back to track his own man.

So why in this clip is Vincent back in position, if he was too far forward and not tracking back?

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/leagueonevideo/0,,12555~1090026,00.html

Its Zaaboub who is no where to be seen, despite both the Northampton winger and full back being in the final third
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: