Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Woking FC Official Match day thread.  (Read 41892 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:39:40 »

Wellends picked the wrong team, then moaned about us being to slow coming out of the back. He needs to watch a game where Olly Lancashire plays, he's aways bloody slow. Our next game is must win as I feel this team has no backbone, the sooner we're safe the better I'll sleep at night.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:40:29 »

Oh and hats off to Matt Taylor for arguably the worst 10 minute substitute appearance I've ever seen.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:41:12 »

Wellens’ team selection proved the focus is on the fight to retain our FL status...there is nothing wrong with that and it’s a sensible approach. Today was always going to be difficult and we didn’t disgrace ourselves - Woking are flying in the league and there’s little between the sides.

On to Newport.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:41:52 »

Oh and hats off to Matt Taylor for arguably the worst 10 minute substitute appearance I've ever seen.

He's no James Collins for sure!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:47:05 »

Not sure we could afford Alzate and Doughty either on the wing or in the centre in the first half. Then when we needed urgency in the second they had less impact.

When we were on top in the first half I would've liked a lot more first time crosses. We seemed Williams-esque in trying to over engineer every ball into the box.

Ref was comically bad but seemed to be shit for both teams.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:49:10 »

Cannot disagree with what has been written before.  No energy all over the pitch, looked like if we turn up we win - garbage.  Cannot believe he just left Pryce up top by himself against two man mountains.  They came, they roughed the game up a bit and they conquered.  Hope Wellens said we will talk it over at training at 8 am tomorrow morning, double session needed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:49:42 »

Wellens’ team selection proved the focus is on the fight to retain our FL status...there is nothing wrong with that and it’s a sensible approach. Today was always going to be difficult and we didn’t disgrace ourselves - Woking are flying in the league and there’s little between the sides.

On to Newport.

Newport is going to be very difficult... I watched a bit of their game v Wrexham last night... the epitome of a Div 4 side, couple of lumps up top and at the back, don't try to play much football, we couldn't cope with them last season when we had a better side.

Wellens has done well so far to get us back onto the mid table perch, with a nice buffer to the drop zone.  If there is any mileage in looking up the table, then a win on Saturday would show that.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:56:15 »

We have too many players where it's hard to actually work out what their position is: Iandolo, Alzate, McCourt, Anderson and even Doughty to be honest. Not sure Price is an actual striker either.
We're suffering from Brown's recruitment still, too many square pegs in round holes.

Also I'd still have Vigs in goal, McCormick was very poor with what he did have to do today.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 16:56:50 »

I fancied the Newport game, but I think that's me done for the season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 17:07:31 »

I blame Reg.
Once pointed out, then it was always going to be us.  Crying

I think you should take a look at Tails.... his work shows promise that he's understanding what being a Town fan is about.

When was the last time we won back to back games? I think it could be a big boost psychologically for the team (that will quickly be ruined when we get beat by Woking on Sunday..)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 17:10:52 »

Always gut-wrenching to lose to non-league.  Our record over the last 10 years or so is shocking.

As already said, the 3rd round revenue would have been useful.

Too bad.  Hopefully a win against Newport will move us on (upwards).

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 17:15:27 »

I was expecting to see a similar performance as the one on Tuesday night until I saw the team and it looked unbalanced and wondered why there were the outfield changes. Smacks of Mr Wellens still being a bit naive to play around with a formation that worked quite well in the previous game and certainly did not work too well against Woking. The team for Newport will tell what he has learnt from this game.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 17:46:40 »

Wellens all but said on the radio the Nelson will be back in for Lancashire, who again I thought was poor. Anderson was left out as he pulled up in training yesterday.
I really wish Woolery and Toumani were fit, I think they would slot into this team perfectly with the way Wellens wants to play.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 17:56:07 »

Wellens all but said on the radio the Nelson will be back in for Lancashire, who again I thought was poor. Anderson was left out as he pulled up in training yesterday.
I really wish Woolery and Toumani were fit, I think they would slot into this team perfectly with the way Wellens wants to play.
I don't think I've seen a slower professional footballer than Lancashire is now, in the second half it was painful watching him run, I think he's pretty much done now. Translates into his general play as everything he does is slow and it ends up slowing the whole team down.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, December 2, 2018, 18:14:03 »

I don't think I've seen a slower professional footballer than Lancashire is now, in the second half it was painful watching him run, I think he's pretty much done now. Translates into his general play as everything he does is slow and it ends up slowing the whole team down.

We need to bin Lancashire off as soon as possible. If he cannot cope with players two divisions below the he has no place in a FL side
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: