Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Ferry NOT coming back  (Read 10378 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:47:47 »

Dave, Billy, MR...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:50:42 »

ok so where in there did you state we should sign ferry within our budget and not to overstretch ourselves?

i'd really like you to tell me

Its implied, rather obviously.

I wouldnt want us to put ourselves in the shit financialy again, to stop this happening again I will spell out everything in my posts just to make sure.

Nah, in truth I hope we pay £6million for him, offer him 120k a week, go bust and die. I hope it happens I really do - thats exactly what I meant. Die, Swindon die...

In case you didnt fully understand that last paragraph I was being sarcastic.

On the off chance, you are unfamiliar with the term sarcasm.

sar·casm   [sahr-kaz-uhm]  Show IPA
–noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Origin:
1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-

—Related forms
su·per·sar·casm, noun

—Synonyms
1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony1. 2. jeer.
Doore

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:52:39 »

Its implied, rather obviously.

I wouldnt want us to put ourselves in the shit financialy again, to stop this happening again I will spell out everything in my posts just to make sure.

Nah, in truth I hope we pay £6million for him, offer him 120k a week, go bust and die. I hope it happens I really do - thats exactly what I meant. Die, Swindon die...

I knew Dave secretly hated the club - unless he was being cleverly sarcastic.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:53:11 »

I hate everything.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:55:16 »

ha ha dave you're so funny and witty i wish i could be you.

backtrack verb ( CHANGE OPINION )
to say that you did not mean something you said earlier or say that you have changed your opinion

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:57:37 »

I havent back tracked. I think we should sign him - if that means pushing the boat out (WITHIN REASON) then we should as he is quality, young player who will only get better.

Why on earth would I want us to over spend, really?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:59:52 »

dave.what do you consider the max we should be talking for ferry with regard to a fee,wages?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:00:46 »

he said £6million earlier

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:07:31 »

to be honest, I have no idea as its all relative as to what others at the club earn. Like most I heard the odd rumour about who is paid what - but at the end of the day its just rumour.

If he isnt wanted at Celtic I would have thought 200-250k would be enough to get (think he signed a new contract recently) if there are other teams interested (AND WE HAVE THE AVAILABLE MONEY) then I think we should go up to around 400k.

I wouldnt have him as our highest paid player, Cuthbert came in last year as a relative unknown from Scottish football, similiar to Ferry so maybe close to what he's on now maybe?

Again, if we have competition - then offer him a bit more (WITHIN REASON AND WITHIN THE BUDGET) if that is what it takes to 'win' him.

He's only young and at the end of the day, its *hopefully* an investment. That was Ferrys first full season of first team football and I think he did a good job for us. He *should* only get better and increase in value, get him on a 2 year contract and we might be able to make a profit on him next season, then re-invest.

Clearly some people didnt pick up on, but I wouldnt want us to go over the top and cripple the club and use all of our transfer/wage budget on one play but think its probably worth spending an extra 150-200k if that what we need to outbid the others and get our man.

Say we didnt sign him, we'd still need another midfield, of equal or better quality which would still cost anyway. Say we picked up another Douglas, older experience pro on a free we'd probably have to pay them more wages than we would Ferry anyway.

Southampton, Huddersfield and Brighton will spend this summer - so will a few others.

The players, manager and board have set their bar and they have set it higher, we have to at least match it next season, better yet better it - to do that we will have to spend and spend more than we did last summer.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:12:58 »

i think Fitton realises this. their aim for this year was the playoffs so next season has to be the same again if not more (automatic) but to achieve this we must invest in the squad.

Paynter is going and can only assume Ward, Ferry, Sheehan, Darby and possibly Timlin, Easton, JFL (all out of contract).

This would leave our squad quite thin but then again we shifted 13 dead wood players last season and Willson brought in decent signings so i'm confident he'll do so again and i believe Fitten will back him up.

i just hope our budget is big enough to make us compete at the top

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:13:11 »

200-250k is a lot of money these days, especially to us. Good as he is I don't think we'd spend an extra 100-200K on top.

I don't think we could afford/justify that much. We'd go for a cheaper/loan option.

Just my twopenneth like.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:13:53 »

i knew what you meant in your earlier posts about streching the budget a bit.in ferrys case i dont agree.personally, i wouldn't pay more than 100k for him.remember the amount of games where he was subbed,or was totally ineffective.there were plenty of them.
he had some fine games for us too and i do like him,and want him here.i just dont think he is key.400k on a player would be better spent elsewhere i think
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:14:52 »

Maybe, but if we want to challenge (i'd like to think we would) we'll have to spend.

I'm no expert and I know we operated at a loss last season but surely we made a fair whack off the play offs?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:25:32 »

Somebody said 500K from the playoffs, but I thought it was less than that.

Problem is last AGM I went to we were £3M short for the year. Not sure if this has improved or not in the last season but you get the idea.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:46:55 »

I guess the thing to think about w/r/t Ferry is that Wilson was able to bring him in on loan. If he is able to get someone of that quality on loan, why not do it again? The place we possibly need to spend on is at the back and on the wing.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: