Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has Devlin quit too?????  (Read 2195 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 09:05:57 »

just a quote from the adver today

Devlin followed investor Bill Power, who quit due to ill-health last week, out of the exit door yesterday afternoon but Town chairman Carson insists the two issues are ‘completely unrelated’.

or is it a typo???

fucking hope he hasn't gone

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 09:22:19 »

Presumably they ment Holt, Devlin is still of sick as far as I know.

Although with the mud slinging that had gone on maybe they didn't!
jim

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 10:12:42 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
just a quote from the adver today

Devlin followed investor Bill Power, who quit due to ill-health last week, out of the exit door yesterday afternoon but Town chairman Carson insists the two issues are ‘completely unrelated’.

or is it a typo???

fucking hope he hasn't gone

If you follow
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontownfc/display.var.942128.0.noconfidence_vote_for_board.php

and see the piece about Willie Carson calling Bob Holt a 'silly boy', you will see that at the foot of that piece, the Adver say that the
'Devlin quit' bit was a mistake - phew! for now.
Run_the_bath

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 10:33:35 »

couldnt help but notice a quote from willie carson...

"I don't really want to get involved with it all but I want to reassure the fans there is nothing sinister going on.

Well that sounds about right willie, just sit there and do jack. Its not as if your chairman or anything is it?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 13:15:54 »

Yeah that bit made me laugh too - roughly translates as 'I don't really give a monkeys about STFC, I'm just there to get my money back and make sure i'm sat at the press conference table should we happen to appoint an ex-England international as manager.

Reckon he was there when Iffy was appointed?!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 13:27:21 »

I actually think Carson doesn't want to get too involved cos of upsetting the fans more, can't blame him after recent events.
Run_the_bath

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 15:38:13 »

Its all part of his job though, hiding from us wont make us think hes not partly to blame for anything that goes wrong. Just makes us think exactly what moonraker said, that he dont give a fuck he just wants his money.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 15:46:08 »

Fella's can we please understand things from Wee Willie's point of view.  I'm not necessarily backing the fella but I can understand where he's coming from.

A couple of years ago I'm sure Willie didn't wake up and think I know I'm going to invest £400,000 in STFC.  I presume someone approached him selling the idea to him, giving him a picture of what their plans for the club were.

Willkie thinking it sounded a good idea invested the money and then saw exactly what reality had in store for his investment.

Now if a financial adviser sold me a bond saying in a few years you'll get you money back and then in fact I didn't get my money back and worse still I couldn't even get myu money back until some other gullible idiot bought it from me, I think I'd be

A. Pretty pissed off, and
B Waiting for the day I could at least get most of my investment back, and
C I wouldn't really want much to do with my investment I'd just want a return

Just another side to this debate.
Run_the_bath

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 15:50:19 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Fella's can we please understand things from Wee Willie's point of view.  I'm not necessarily backing the fella but I can understand where he's coming from.

A couple of years ago I'm sure Willie didn't wake up and think I know I'm going to invest £400,000 in STFC.  I presume someone approached him selling the idea to him, giving him a picture of what their plans for the club were.

Willkie thinking it sounded a good idea invested the money and then saw exactly what reality had in store for his investment.

Now if a financial adviser sold me a bond saying in a few years you'll get you money back and then in fact I didn't get my money back and worse still I couldn't even get myu money back until some other gullible idiot bought it from me, I think I'd be

A. Pretty pissed off, and
B Waiting for the day I could at least get most of my investment back, and
C I wouldn't really want much to do with my investment I'd just want a return

Just another side to this debate.

Thats fair enough, another point of view is that wouldnt it be alot simpler to help solve the problem then get your money back rather than doing minimal and just hoping one day you may get a return?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 15:52:50 »

But I guess as Willie is a jockey, he really doesn't know much about running a football club which is why he was installed as more of a figurehead that anything.
Run_the_bath

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 15:58:15 »

perhaps he should of invested in what he knows best...Horses

If i was fortunate enough to have that sort of money to invest, i would invest in something i new about not something where i would have to rely on somebody else.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 15:59:17 »

Not arguing that point RtB, think you're  right there bud.  You have to be either proper loaded or crazy to invest in a football club
TalkTalk

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 28, 2006, 18:48:08 »

Quote from: "Run_the_bath"
perhaps he should of invested in what he knows best...Horses

If i was fortunate enough to have that sort of money to invest, i would invest in something i new about not something where i would have to rely on somebody else.

Wee Willie is already well covered in terms of horse investments.

Oh and also associations with...

You guessed. Diamandis's horse racing interests.  :roll:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: