Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andrew Black  (Read 58234 times)
jeremywray

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:19:31 »

Indeed.  I thought it was about time some facts about the past were made public.  Since I am old school and tend to use complete sentences, the likes of twitter are not for me, so this seems the appropriate forum.  But I get ahead of myself....a proper TEF welcome should be in order....someone must have the letter "c" on their keyboard...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:22:49 »

Is Tans bored again? Or is this genuine?
kerry red

« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:23:55 »

Who cares?

Let the cunt speak
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:25:06 »

The real Jeremy would use capital letters for his name.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:25:12 »

Well, if would be pretty pointless letting him speak if it was some cunt on a windup....
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:25:30 »

Easy to find out

Poker Jeremy?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:31:51 »

But I get ahead of myself....a proper TEF welcome should be in order....someone must have the letter "c" on their keyboard...

What's your favourite cheese?
jeremywray

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:33:21 »

thank you Audrey for your kind welcome.  Let's start near the beginning.  To correct Derby, we spent £2.6m getting out of Div2, against a budget of £2m.  People have correctly identified where the money was "wasted".  But in fairness to Paolo (no love-in Pauld by the way) when he started, we only had 6 players contracted, so there was an urgency to put a squad together.  At the end of the previous horrific season, Nick Watkins and I managed to get rid of most of the underperforming squad, largely by playing to individual egos and suggesting they were far too good for League 2 and should get their agents to find them a move....most of them bought into this idea.
jeremywray

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:37:26 »

still stilton and poker anytime derby
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:38:28 »

thank you Audrey for your kind welcome.  Let's start near the beginning.  To correct Derby, we spent £2.6m getting out of Div2, against a budget of £2m.  People have correctly identified where the money was "wasted".  But in fairness to Paolo (no love-in Pauld by the way) when he started, we only had 6 players contracted, so there was an urgency to put a squad together.  At the end of the previous horrific season, Nick Watkins and I managed to get rid of most of the underperforming squad, largely by playing to individual egos and suggesting they were far too good for League 2 and should get their agents to find them a move....most of them bought into this idea.

Wasnt a dig dude, Im very grateful for the work you did for STFC! I think the point was that in 10 years time, the work you and your friends? did could largely be forgotten because it promised so much, while majeski at Reading will forever be remembered! If you get my drift, Ive had a lunch time pints, im not quite as coherant!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:42:46 »

Grateful, but disappointed it was pulled at the time it was...

We were ever so close...mind you, isn't that our luck? We're the 'nearly' club....nearly liquidated...nearly promoted...

It's like a rollercoaster..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:47:46 »

thank you Audrey for your kind welcome.  Let's start near the beginning.  To correct Derby, we spent £2.6m getting out of Div2, against a budget of £2m.  People have correctly identified where the money was "wasted".  But in fairness to Paolo (no love-in Pauld by the way) when he started, we only had 6 players contracted, so there was an urgency to put a squad together.  At the end of the previous horrific season, Nick Watkins and I managed to get rid of most of the underperforming squad, largely by playing to individual egos and suggesting they were far too good for League 2 and should get their agents to find them a move....most of them bought into this idea.

...but you're not going to stop there are you?  Not now that you've got our attention.  You will have an opinion of the current regime.  Care to share?
jeremywray

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:48:30 »

never considered it a dig, derby.  The truth is, many numbers have been exaggerated.  When I took over as Chairman, you may remember I insisted on the word "interim" for a long time.  That was because the club was at serious financial risk again.  Sir Martyn Arbib had been an incredibly generous benefactor, but did not wish to put any more money in and Andrew Fitton and I were not in a position to.  Andrew stepped down for two main reasons...obviously relegation had hit him hard, but also we had failed to hit his breakeven target and if Andrew Black was to be persuaded to carry on funding, AF felt there was more chance that he would continue to do so with me in charge (AF and AB did not have a good relationship for reasons that are irrelevant here).  So I said I would take over on an "interim" basis until financing had been secured.  ( I wasn't prepared to take the helm of the Titanic just before the iceberg !).  So when AB agreed to fund, he  saved the club singlehanded, for which all Swindon fans should be grateful.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:50:34 »

Can we call you Jezza?  Smiley

Note: tans wouldn't write that much.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 15:50:54 »

Hello JW

To prove you are indeed JW, can you possibly say where you were on Monday?  Without sounding like a stalker, I know where you were and what you were doing.  Ok, that sounds like the words of a stalker.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: