Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 72133 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:19:27 »

Not surprised Donaldson is getting stick from our fans but he was a pain in the arse for our back four and we could have done with him,or one like him in a town shirt. Thought he had a decent game for them today.

He ran rings around Byrne from start to finish. I thought he had a great game, just a shame he's always looking so eager to cheat.

Notice how he moved to the other side when Macca went to left back?

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:20:11 »

Was surprised we didn't stick someone bigger on him, he had the beating of Byrne physically every time.

But what a cunt.

Exploited a weakness of ours. Good move on his-Brentford's part. No good asking a big man to stick to him in that situation really.

I would have subbed Byrne at half time myself. He should spend his entire summer kicking footballs with his left foot.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:28:49 »

Guess I better pack my bags  Sad
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:31:07 »

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet but Clayton Donaldson is a fucking wanker of the highest order.

Looked to me like he was backing in to the man marking him every time he went for a long ball and getting free kicks for it more often than not. Think it was him that went down clutching his head when he got a light tap on his elbow.

Annoying when someone like that is playing against you, but we could do with someone big and strong up front doing the same thing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:32:56 »

Looked to me like he was backing in to the man marking him every time he went for a long ball and getting free kicks for it more often than not. Think it was him that went down clutching his head when he got a light tap on his elbow.

Annoying when someone like that is playing against you, but we could do with someone big and strong up front doing the same thing.
I thought Collins did quite a good job leading the line when he came on, far more effective than Williams or Rooney (who took his goal brilliantly).

The bonus with Donaldson is that he's good with the ball at his feet and is an excellent finisher. It's a massive shame he resorts to dirty tricks to cheat.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:38:23 »

I thought Collins did quite a good job leading the line when he came on, far more effective than Williams or Rooney (who took his goal brilliantly).

The bonus with Donaldson is that he's good with the ball at his feet and is an excellent finisher. It's a massive shame he resorts to dirty tricks to cheat.

If we had a clinical finisher we wouldn't have been in the play offs anyway.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:40:19 »

Not surprised Donaldson is getting stick from our fans but he was a pain in the arse for our back four and we could have done with him,or one like him in a town shirt. Thought he had a decent game for them today.

Byrne was struggling with him from the offset and he played on it, which eventually led to Byrne being sent off.  He's far too small and so one footed it's unbelievable.  Both the Tottenham loanees cost us over the two ties.

Heard on the terraces tonight that McCormack is definitely off, as he doesn't like it here?  From his reaction at the end, I'd say that was true.  Hung around with Ferry and Flint a lot longer than the rest of the team.

Just watched the goals and penalties.  Didn't know their first was an og from Rooney or that it was Devera who scored our second.  Dreadful penalty from Storey, no power or anything.  Wes looked stiff as a board and didn't look like saving any.  Damn it, I really thought it was going to be The Valley all over again when Flint equalised, we went down to 10 and made it to penalties.

As we came up the drive to our house, my son burst into tears and announced 'I don't want to support Swindon anymore mummy, it's too upsetting'.  I know how he feels ........

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #502 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:41:33 »

Absolutely knackered after that. Brentford absolutely shat all over us in the first half and we were lucky to go in a goal down. The second half, however we were pretty bloody good after Roberts the useless bag of fucking shit gave the ball to Donaldson. Devera took his goal well and Flints goal was met with a good old style bundle on the terraces.
Collins coming on changed the game as we finally had someone battling for the ball and bringing others into the game. Moving Ferry into the middle did us no harm.
Fods kept us in the game at times but should not have been beaten for their 2nd. Also, just fucking stand up at penalties - his movement showed the penalty takers which way to go.
Byrne was fucking useless who was totally fucked over by Donaldson. His first yellow was never a yellow. Wad had a decent game as did Devera. Flint was not far off MOM. The midfield was totally non existent for the first half. Rooney and Williams were totally fucking useless.
I'd very happily see Williams and Roberts fuck off in the summer and replaced by players who may be technically worse but actually give a fuck.
Special mention again to the ref who was another shit cunt. Again Brentford players leave their feet and elbows in and nothing.  Again, their fucking cheating and diving went unpunished. in the 2nd half Donaldson was allowed to dribble the ball into the box with his hand and again nothing.
Did we actually get a decision on both games.
Fuck Brentford the cheating cunts and Yeovil are no fucking better.
Also lay off Miles. He had the guts to take one and he got it on target.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:42:48 »

I can't believe how deflated I feel. I never thought we would go through, but was really excited at the prospect. To come back to 3-3 was an amazing effort. Really proud of the team for that. The sending off spoiled our momentum. Don't agree that Byrne was a liability, but must say that McCormack and DeVita overlapped well once he'd gone off.

Aden Flint was immense. I really hope that he is at the club a very long time. Gives 110% all of the time and looks to me to be improving each game. Made a good partnership with Ward too I thought.

Fodderingham kept us in the game with a couple of good saves. Never looked like saving a penalty though. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes.

Devera looked exactly what he is, a centreback playing out of position.

Luongo will be no great loss.

Byrne was ok. Had his hands full against a v good striker today.

McCormack is a trier, but, unless he is surrounded by better players, he struggles at this level.

Ferry is a shadow of himself when not in the middle.

Roberts is very one footed and past his best. Wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

Williams was awful today. Totally anonymous. He seems to have severe confidence problems. Can't afford to carry him.

Rooney was good in the box, but poor outside. I thought Collins was the same.

Storey was anonymous. See he's gone for the stupid haircut and silly penalty run up. We see where that has got him.

DeVita looked to have a solid game. Didn't do anything spectacular, but gave us a bit more forward momentum.

See you in a few months I guess.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:45:11 »

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if anyone has already asked, but did anyone happen to record it and would it be possible for them to put it on DVD for me? Just got home and my bloody sky+ recording has failed!!!
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:45:23 »

Couldn't help cringing every time that "she said no Clayton" song went around. Surely they got the wrong guy? Clayton McDonald? Ched Evans' mate? Made us look right plebs.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:46:08 »

Byrne was struggling with him from the offset and he played on it, which eventually led to Byrne being sent off.  He's far too small and so one footed it's unbelievable.  Both the Tottenham loanees cost us over the two ties.

Heard on the terraces tonight that McCormack is definitely off, as he doesn't like it here?  From his reaction at the end, I'd say that was true.  Hung around with Ferry and Flint a lot longer than the rest of the team.

Just watched the goals and penalties.  Didn't know their first was an og from Rooney or that it was Devera who scored our second.  Dreadful penalty from Storey, no power or anything.  Wes looked stiff as a board and didn't look like saving any.  Damn it, I really thought it was going to be The Valley all over again when Flint equalised, we went down to 10 and made it to penalties.

As we came up the drive to our house, my son burst into tears and announced 'I don't want to support Swindon anymore mummy, it's too upsetting'.  I know how he feels ........

You really have a knack for highlighting the negative.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:48:04 »

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if anyone has already asked, but did anyone happen to record it and would it be possible for them to put it on DVD for me? Just got home and my bloody sky+ recording has failed!!!

Looks like there are highlights at 11.30 tomorrow on SS1, if you cannot.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 21:58:27 »

I heard chants of " He does what he wants..Jed Mcrory..he does what he wants" , and "he's only here to sell the club..." as I walked passed the Griffen.

Dutchstfc32 ‏@dutchstfc32 34m
@JedMcCoy sorry if I was out of order at the griffin, but to me our chairmen should be in the boardroom not drinking in pubs with us.

Pint
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, May 6, 2013, 22:01:32 »

You really have a knack for highlighting the negative.
Oh fuck off with having a go at me, it's all you seem to have done lately.    

Sorry for not being completely over the moon about the the new manager, new board and what lays ahead.

I need a break from it all tbh and genuinely wish I'd gone with my gut instinct of not renewing my ST.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 6, 2013, 22:06:09 by joteddyred » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: