Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Shrewsbury Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45161 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 17:49:52 »

Vigs ain't happy.
Well, if you were a decent player having that pile of shite in front of you, you wouldn't be too happy either.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 17:51:51 »

We were absolutely fucking dog shite.  It was a penalty, sat in line and by the letter of the law it had to be a red card, but unlucky for them.  How did Rodgers actually stay on for 65 minutes - ne of his worst performances in my eyes!  Although there were a few of those out there!!  Vigs arguing with the centre backs and he does not look a happy chappy at the moment.  After taking the lead we sat back a bit deeper and invited them on to us a bit so they were able to crank up the pressure.  That was two teams who will be very lucky if they are not relegated this season.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 17:52:03 »

Well, we were shit. They were shit. It was a bit like the Southend game. Tentative bollocks football then a mad 20 minutes. In fact the goal net getting demolished was the most entertaining bit of the game up to that point.

Shrews were actually better after their sending off. Looked a harsh red but hard to see.

Brophy had two cynical ones, nothing horrible but can see why it was two yellows.

Didn't think the challenge on Goddard was a pen, looked to take the ball. Did think the one on Hylton was, didn't see him get any of the ball.

Got no problem with booing, or "Power out" (not sure I agree, but I'd happily try a different approach) - but doing so at 1-1 with 10 to go is a bit off. Losing, losing heavily I can see it - not when its still there. I boo'd myself at the end, in case it sounded a bit preachy.

But the crowd has turned. Sherwood better pull his fucking finger out, this is going to get ugly if things don't pick up.

My MOM was ...Norris. Yeah, never thought I'd put that there.

Well don't say you weren't warned Wink
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 17:54:39 »

The worst thing is the thought that we are prime time ripe for a full blown arse reaming from Oxford at home in a few weeks times.
My 48 year old love affair with Swindon ended last year and I couldn't care less whether you won or not but my hatred of the piss stains is enduring.
I begrudge giving Power my £25 but I'll be their, unless someone has a free ticket for me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 17:56:23 »

Well don't say you weren't warned Wink

True. But I was warm Smiley

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 17:57:58 »

Well, if you were a decent player having that pile of shite in front of you, you wouldn't be too happy either.
I think his tweet was blaming the Ref and flag wavers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:00:24 »

True. But I was warm Smiley

Yeah i'm being flippant, but I had a free day today, but I knew it would be crap, and no way was I spending 7-8 hours, and £80/£90 proving I was right. It is like 10/11, other seasons we've been rubbish I'd go expecting us to be bad, not knowing It. That's what the killer is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:14:48 »

Yeah i'm being flippant, but I had a free day today, but I knew it would be crap, and no way was I spending 7-8 hours, and £80/£90 proving I was right. It is like 10/11, other seasons we've been rubbish I'd go expecting us to be bad, not knowing It. That's what the killer is.

We're 3 points worse off than 10/11 at the same stage. It was the sale of Austin and Morrison in the window that fucked us, the squad then just clocked off. 

This side has yet to clock on....it isn't beyond the realms of possibilty that with a bit of strengthening we could stay up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:18:29 »

Nail, head, hit. Don't blame you. Not in the slightest/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:20:21 »

We're 3 points worse off than 10/11 at the same stage. It was the sale of Austin and Morrison in the window that fucked us, the squad then just clocked off. 

This side has yet to clock on....it isn't beyond the realms of possibilty that with a bit of strengthening we could stay up.

Does anyone know Reg, if so can you tell him his account has been hacked Smiley

Seriously, yes of course you are right. We can stay up, just not as it is now.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:21:44 »

Again Vigs at the end looked like he thought this was his last game at Swindon.

The crowd has totally turned against that team and that management.  Even at 1-0 people were just waiting to pounce.  Trying to drop further and further back and hang on when a goal up and a man up against shit opposition was frightening if  nothing else because of the total lack of confidence it demonstrated and which added to the crowd's anger and frustration.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:31:07 »

My 48 year old love affair with Swindon ended last year and I couldn't care less whether you won or not but my hatred of the piss stains is enduring.
I begrudge giving Power my £25 but I'll be their, unless someone has a free ticket for me?

Are you Albert Brind?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:35:16 »

That was one of the worst I've seen today. 1-0 up against 23rd in the league with 10 men, should really had a 10/15 minute determined spell of pummelling them to make the game out of sight. Instead, we sat back and invited pressure.. they took their opportunity and could easily have won it. Was relieved to get a point in the end.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:35:23 »

Does anyone know Reg, if so can you tell him his account has been hacked Smiley

Seriously, yes of course you are right. We can stay up, just not as it is now.

I think in 10/11. Austin asking for a transfer and then discovering Morrison had the 250K release clause in his contract, caught the management on the hop and unable to respond...if memory serves, we expected to sign Joe Mason from Argyle for 300k or so, they were happy needing the dosh being in the basket case category, but Mason demurred reckoning quite rightly he could do better, we ended up with Benyon.

Obviously the sale of Greer was sanctioned partly in the belief that Morrison could step up....so a bit of a surprise when he left in such circumstances.

We're in a different boat atm.....nothing to sell, and have had plenty of time to identify and bring in new players.  OK it is very possible some like a Mason might look at us atm and think no thanks, but it's down to Sherwood to convince them
woolster

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 7, 2017, 18:35:33 »

Are you Albert Brind?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: