Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hatton vs Mayweather  (Read 17211 times)
DMR

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 15:35:34 »

Bloody hell, that was a drinking session and a half.

Fair play to Mayweather, he was fantastic to watch and remarkbly gracious in victory - I'm surprised Hatton lasted as long as he did. Gutted for Hatton and everyone watching him but there was only one winner.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 15:49:04 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Earl has achieved something.

Nobody has said Khan is the best. I think like most things you're jealous of someone with a bit of talent that people can recognise. Khan is certainly no chump in the ring, he needs to be tested more - last night was the beginning of that test.

soapy tit wank im not jealous at all.  What Kahn has done in his career to date is great.  He got a silver in the olympics, but instead of pussy footing around, he had a rematch with the person who got gold, and beat him.

To me though, Kahn isnt being tested in many of the fights he has won to date.  I think people like Frank Warren are more interested in preserving Kahns unbeaten record as apposed to fighting a decent boxer who will give Kahn a real test.  

Kahn still has plenty to learn and is only 21, but i think it would be better for him to fight against a resonably decent boxer who is like in the top 10 in the world.  If he wins then Kahn will command more respect then he is currently getting.  If Kahn loses, then at least he can learn from the experience, and more people will say fair play to Kahn for fighting someone decent.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #227 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 15:56:38 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
Quote from: "Whits"
that was a long long day...i've been up for 23 hours and drinking for 21  :|
Fucking hells Whits you did make it then! I was back on the sauce when i got home, all i can say it was man down by 3am! Shame Ricky couldnt do it, step up in weight took its toll!

i feel like i've been hit by a car today....we played about 3 hours of wii boxing last night....i had 3 hours of sleep on a dodgey sofa and then up to watch the pub football..

i'm soooooooooooooo tired

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 16:50:42 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Bloody hell, that was a drinking session and a half.

Fair play to Mayweather, he was fantastic to watch and remarkbly gracious in victory - I'm surprised Hatton lasted as long as he did. Gutted for Hatton and everyone watching him but there was only one winner.

nail on the head, i dont think i've seen someone deal with that sort of attack so exquisitely before, he's definetely a true great.

i can't see why hatton would carry on now, he'll probably have to drop down to light-welter again but he's proven he's head and shoulders above down there. the only fight i can think of that would even come close to last night would be miguel cotto but cotto's going to want mayweather.

i cant help but think if he carries on now he'll fizzle out and end up fighting de la hoya in a weird novelty showpiece at wembley, which would be a shame.

officially blacker than the night.
lebowski

« Reply #229 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 18:18:46 »

cotto is welterweight as well though isn't he?

mayweather v cotto would be a truly great fight.

hatton v witter will happen now, i'm sure of it.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 18:25:19 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
cotto is welterweight as well though isn't he?

mayweather v cotto would be a truly great fight.

hatton v witter will happen now, i'm sure of it.

yea thats what i mean, hatton is better at light-welterweight but theres no point in him dropping back down- that means cotto is his only option.

got to say i dont think cotto would get near mayweather.

what weight is witter now?

officially blacker than the night.
lebowski

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 18:32:13 »

witter is light welter, i think he has a world belt too?

he's been getting in hatton's ear for a couple of years now but there's been no need for ricky to get involved until now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: