Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Liam Dawson  (Read 8440 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 15:37:48 »

Theres a really cute 18 year old I lifeguard with - he worked out that I could be old enough to be his mother - he then proceeded to put the neckalce that someone found on the bottom of the pool with the "mum" pendant on it round my neck

That says it all really!  Crying

I suppose because a women's biological clock ticks at a different rate to a fellas, these things seem to worry you more.

Last summer when my Czech ladyfriend was staying with me, my kid (then 20) used to wind her up something rotten about being all of 24.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 15:44:30 »

It sounds like JFW wants to become a mother, are you preggers?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 15:46:14 »

I think JFW would suit motherhood

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 16:27:55 »

err no thanks - I need to get my excercise to dance certifcate first before I get fat and unfit
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 15:07:06 »

He's currently playing for Hants against Somerset at Taunton and just taken two wickets.
I saw him play against Gloucs last sunday at Cheltenham.Didn't realise how young he is
and thought he batted and bowled tidily, at the end of both teams innings.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 16:04:27 »

To bump this three years later, he's just been thumped for five consecutive sixes in a First Class game by Ben Stokes of Durham. At least he avoided being a trivia question by going for six in an over.

Got a half century in the first innings mind, and now out to open the batting for Hants.

Is there much interest in County Championship thread here or do we only really pay attention to the international stuff?
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 11, 2011, 00:24:46 »

He's gone backwards in the last 2 years, couldnt buy a run for Goatacre in club cricket at the end of last year... ironically the game he did turn it on was against my lot (Devizes), got 6 for not many and 70-odd not out!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 08:16:22 »

Problem is the pros (in general) aren't up for club cricket. They play club cricket half the time because they are told to by the county. There are some exceptions - if they are up for it, they can tear a game apart. I watched one player amble into a game at Warminster a couple of years back, get dropped 3 times before he hit double figures playing ridiculous shots - got a rocket from the skipper for playing like an arse, and went on to score 185 not out. The talent's there - the attitude isn't a lot of the time. 

Anthony Ireland was really poor at Thornbury; Coughtrie, who came out at 3 for Glos this week, couldn't buy a run for Hatherley last year, and that's not even Premier League. Rob Woodman was a walking wicket at Chippenham (but pretty handy with the ball) - there are countless examples.

Dawson was in Hampshire's first batch of youngsters for a while to come through and maybe (at a guess) it went to his head a bit. Suince then they've brought through some more: Riazuddin, Briggs, Vince (another one who played a few games at Chippenham last year, did next to nothing and then piled on the runs for Hants). Dawson's not the up and coming superstar any more (Briggs seems to be, next England spinner if you believe what the press) and perhaps under a bit more pressure. I'm sure he'll come good though.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 08:56:23 by The Moonraker » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 20:56:15 »

where do you play moonraker?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 14, 2011, 10:29:19 »

Dawson was in Hampshire's first batch of youngsters for a while to come through and maybe (at a guess) it went to his head a bit. Suince then they've brought through some more: Riazuddin, Briggs, Vince (another one who played a few games at Chippenham last year, did next to nothing and then piled on the runs for Hants). Dawson's not the up and coming superstar any more (Briggs seems to be, next England spinner if you believe what the press) and perhaps under a bit more pressure. I'm sure he'll come good though.
Don't think that's true at all. He's a pretty down to earth kinda guy.
DMR

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 14, 2011, 10:32:15 »

I've always thought Liam was sound, Brad's a gobby little shite though, so's their old man who is still under the illusion his left arm trundle is rapid!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 22:22:41 »

103* overnight against Somerset, really starting to look good opening the batting for Hampshire, third highest run getter in the Championship with 354 from 6 innings.

Not getting much of a bowl mind.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 11:27:52 »

And in other Swindon lads news, Craig Miles, brother of my old school captain is making his debut for Gloucestershire today at the grand old age of 16.
König

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 13:25:36 »

And in other Swindon lads news, Craig Miles, brother of my old school captain is making his debut for Gloucestershire today at the grand old age of 16.

he played for lansdown last season didn't he? a guy i played with for a few years at somerset, Alex Barrow, is making his Championship debut for Somerset against Durham atm.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: