Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wiltshire Radio  (Read 3497 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:02:05 »

What about us glory boys outside the region Wink

You moved abroad, it's your own fault.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:03:21 »

You moved abroad, it's your own fault.

I wouldn't complain if I was abroad... Unless it was somewhere like Beirut or Merthyr.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:19:15 »

Mark O'Donnell is quality - he is funny and plays top tunes. The commentary makes sense and I can get it on FM (even in Devizes!!).

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:29:44 »

I wouldn't complain if I was abroad... Unless it was somewhere like Beirut or Merthyr.

Funny foreign language - in abundance

Funny National Dress - topless in sub-zero temperature, usually holding a bag of chips. That's jut the men.

Funny Climate - more miserable and cold than here.

Yep, all the criteria met, you are living in a foreign land.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:31:40 »

People went over-board about Brunel, the content wasn't any worse than BBC Swindon
Sorry, but the number of times I had to rely on texts from mates at away games because you literally could not tell what was going on with Brunel. Sometimes even when goals were scored, it would be a minute or so before you could tell if the bloody thing had even gone in - you'd get a load of hyperventilating guff like a chihauha humping a table leg, then they'd start rambling again, leaving you shouting at the radio "Well, did we/they score or not?", before they remembered they'd forgotten to mention what the end result was. I remember one particularly fine effort when they abandoned the game altogether and just did a full two-three minutes commentary on the Millwall fan in front of them who was apparently jumping up and down excitedly and "saying things we can't repeat on the radio". Given that he was doing that because we were putting Millwall under a spell of pressure, I'd perhaps rather have heard about that than be told they couldn't tell me what some nobend home fan bouncing up and down in front of them was shouting. Brunel were terrible, end of.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:41:10 »

Brunel were terrible, end of.

And almost bankrupt apparently.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:43:53 »

Funny foreign language - in abundance

Funny National Dress - topless in sub-zero temperature, usually holding a bag of chips. That's jut the men.

Funny Climate - more miserable and cold than here.

Yep, all the criteria met, you are living in a foreign land.

Cheesy

If we get Durham, does that mean we're in Europe then? Whoop whoop.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:48:08 »

Brunel weren't as bad as people said,every little mistake was jumped on.Brunel were a bit like Pook last season.The BBc fuck up as well

/
W56196272
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 21:50:51 »

Brunel weren't as bad as people said,every little mistake was jumped on.Brunel were a bit like Pook last season.The BBc fuck up as well
In which case, the Beeb are like Pook, Brunel are like Fola Onion Bhaji or Sabin, just hilariously bad
sonic youth

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 23:00:07 »

i like the radio swindon coverage, good tunes and good commentary.

brunel had no build up, the commentary poor (arthur hunt - i still have nightmares) and were generally clueless
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 23:22:38 »

Arthur Hunt....onion net.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: