Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Local elections  (Read 7709 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 15:20:35 »

Having been trying to do some research into the candidates for my ward I stumbled across this:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9656750.ELECTION_COUNTDOWN__Lydiard___Freshbrook/

Chris, an IT director, said the council also needed to put better markings on the roundabout linking Whitehill Way and Tewkesbury Way.

He said: “When I come to that roundabout along Whitehill Way, either way, there’s no arrows on the road to say get in this lane to go straight ahead or go in this lane to go straight ahead.

“And what you find occasionally is people getting in the wrong lane and almost hitting each other because they’re both trying to go straight ahead.”

I know what this bloke is talking about, it does happen and it does piss me off but it's the fucking highway code for fuck sake. Is this really what people want to waste money on? Because if it happens on that roundabout it'll happen on every one without markings if the driver is retarded enough.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 17:24:31 »

I was able to vote for 3 people.I picked the ones with Rodbourne postcode and snubbed the sn5 postcodes so ended up voting for 2 Labour and a Green.

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 18:06:40 »

Which is exactly why this new Mannington & Western ward does not work.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 18:17:48 »

I can't find anything about the candidates, so I'm not sure there is any point in me voting.

Edit: Finally found some stuff, but why are the party/candidate websites so shocking?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 19:18:49 »

I voted for an independant, a Green, and a UKIP in the end.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 19:21:33 »

Which is exactly why this new Mannington & Western ward does not work.

Now I may have been out of Swindon for a while but, from what I do remember, the district/suburb of Mannington consists of a roundabout, some car dealerships, DIY stores and some football pitches.  Can't remember anyone actually living there.  Or is that complete rubbish?
woolster

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 19:26:10 »

Now I may have been out of Swindon for a while but, from what I do remember, the district/suburb of Mannington consists of a roundabout, some car dealerships, DIY stores and some football pitches.  Can't remember anyone actually living there.  Or is that complete rubbish?
there is a john lewis there now Yes
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 19:26:27 »

I didnt vote, walked past the polling station and all i saw was a load of stuck up cunts canvassing outside
DRS

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 19:47:25 »

I voted for Jazz.Has an amazing voice and will sell plenty of records.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 20:00:44 »

That's correct, but for boundary purposes it now includes half of Westlea & Toothill.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 20:25:16 »

Voted for Ken Livingstone for mayor, and graffitied the ballot slip for the london assembly.
the politicians round my area always neglect our area anyway so fuck them

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 3, 2012, 20:58:30 »

Well I said I would vote UKIP. Sadly for them there were not any in the Shaw ward. Although I was told i could vote for THREE candidates. WTF! Three Jesus Christ. So my choice was a wedge of Tories who'd normally get my vote, a few Commies, Sorry Labour candidates, well they can piss off for a start and one Socially Divided Party, again sorry Lib Dem. No thank you very much. Lastly and by no means least one said Monster Raving Looney Party candidate. Well Mr Pinky and Perkins guess who got my vote! 

Roly Gillards ghost lives on.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 4, 2012, 06:29:53 »

Nnnggghhh, Rod effing Bluh got back in... and Perkins.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 4, 2012, 08:51:44 »

Dismal turnout and the bastards who have done the most damage were not booted out.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, May 4, 2012, 17:23:34 »

Turnout says it all. Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the minor parties getting a decent result at the next general election.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: