Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5 years ago today  (Read 1911 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 14:48:26 »

almost 3,000 people lost their lives in a horrendous terrorist attack.

I remember the day vividly as I had pulled a sickie. I was watching sky news at home at the exact moment that the second plane flew into the tower. I remember thinking that it didn't look real and it never really sank in until later on in the day.

In the US at the moment and so wanted to pay my respects.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Doore

« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 14:53:22 »

I thought this post was going to be about us getting beat by west brom in extra time at the hawthornes.
Danjackson10

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 14:55:53 »

taxi for doore
Scot Munroe

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:00:54 »

i was in a science lesson at dorcan technology college when it happened. my dad told it to what happened when he picked me up from school. it was tragic.
land_of_bo

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:07:45 »

I was in Cairo (Egypt, not the nightclub in West Swindon!) and only caught a snippet of what happened at the time. I didn't know the full extent of everything 'til we bought a radio and listened to the bombing of Afghanistan on the World service and didn't see footage until I was in Joberg at the end of October. Scary time to be in Egypt, and was stuck there 'til early October as my mate had lost his passport.
McLovin

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:12:02 »

I was at college, then in the pub. I didn't know a thing until i got in and my Dad was watching it on TV. Was a weird thing to see.
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:37:39 »

I was on Koh Samui in a supermarket having just eaten beef fried rice and watched Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, which was fucking grim in it’s self.

It was muchos strange watching live as the buggers crashed in and then walking past another restaurant to see one of the buggers collapse.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:55:36 »

It the sort of thing that you'll never ever forget where you were...

I was at work for the police at the time. It was manic, but horrific at the same time. A tragic sad day.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 15:59:00 »

I watched Neighbours. Then set off to watch us lose in extra time at The Hawthorns.

Sad day. On a positive note I have now finished my exams.
Gwah

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 18:42:18 »

Seems I had exactly the same day as Hans.  Neighbours, then West Brom.

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 19:00:16 »

I remember watching it at work; all the channels had it on and seeing the 2nd plane fly into the towers live was just surreal; took a while to sink in what was happening.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 19:31:16 »

i was at school. someone said planes had gone into buildings and i though ooh that can't be great, but the enormity of it only really sunk in when i got home and saw the pictures on tv. can't say i knew about those two massive buildings until then.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 19:49:59 »

was at college, bunked off to go into town, my mate told me something had hit the world trade center, walking through town past what was radio rentals, started watching the TVs, i kid you not it was like it was in the movies, everyone came around and started watching it, me and my mate started it Tongue

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 19:53:29 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
almost 3,000 people lost their lives in a horrendous terrorist attack.

I remember the day vividly as I had pulled a sickie. I was watching sky news at home at the exact moment that the second plane flew into the tower. I remember thinking that it didn't look real and it never really sank in until later on in the day.

In the US at the moment and so wanted to pay my respects.

I also pulled a sickie and watched the whole thing from the off - still went up to the West Brom game though.  Perhaps Bobby Howe's best ever performance in a Town shirt.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 09:53:52 »

I remember watching it at work, then thinking the west brom would be called off. It wasn't - so we went up by minibus and watched town play like Brazil. Strange atmosphere - felt like we shouldn't have been there, but one of the best games I saw us play that season.

Been watching all the related programmes this week - still can't believe it when I see it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: