Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The things i found out this week...  (Read 1927 times)
kick_ass1987

« on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 19:23:50 »

Well first of all Matty told me that he was not going to sign a new contract, which i have later seen was announced by andy king, he told me that the pay was so inconsistant, and he never knew when it was going to come through, sometimes he was getting it 2 weeks late. Also he was only offered a 1 year deal which he didnt want, because he said he has a mortgage to pay like the rest of us. Also Matty doesnt know where he is going, he will just wait to see what turns up.
Then later on i got told by a reliable source that Rhys Evans and Grant Smith are both in the pipe line for joining the dark side (city that is) We all figured that Rhys wasnt staying, but i was suprised to hear that Grant was off as well. That is only what i have been told, but most the time that person is right.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 20:24:08 »

Has this so person ever got anything wrong? I hope so.  :?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 7, 2005, 23:16:01 »

we already knew this, no?

Evans wont go to City, they have a decent keeper in Phillips. I cant see Evans wanting to play 2nd fiddle

Smithy is more likely to go to Sheffield Wednesday, his family are still up in Sheffield and hes played for Sturrock before....

Heywood will go where ever the money is...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 08:17:21 »

phillips is crap. so obviously keep phillips as number 1 please!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 09:39:47 »

I learnt that Migz will never make a central defender/sweeper.That Pook will not make the grade.That Lapham and possibly Holgate will.That Steve Robinson looked a disconsolate figure walking away from the CG and that Rhys Evans is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is(OK-I knew that already).

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 10:28:32 »

Quote from: "adje"
I learnt that Migz will never make a central defender/sweeper.That Pook will not make the grade.That Lapham and possibly Holgate will.That Steve Robinson looked a disconsolate figure walking away from the CG and that Rhys Evans is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is(OK-I knew that already).

Migz you have to remember, hasnt played for a few weeks and was clearly a bit rusty. He wanted too much time on the ball, certainly too much time than a defender should

Turbo, well....he will always be remember....still think he was worth an extra year...purely for an extra body and expirence....he cant be on loads

I thought Pook did alright, his tracking back and tackling, even his ariel challenges were better than anything Hewlett has produced this season, however the large majority of his passes went awol. I think he has the ability but not the expirence. In an ideal world you would send the likes of Pook etc out on loan to maybe a League Two club for some expirence, however with the size of our squad this isnt an option

Lapham looked very good, certainly to me anyway looked alot better, more composed and more at home than Luke Garrard ever did

Holgate is a decent player, I've played against him a fair few times, he always has been very strong for his age. He can easily compete with the grown men, again a spell out on loan in the league below would do his development the world of good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 8, 2005, 13:19:05 »

Lapham did look good and Pook was okay without standing out. Maybe as you say he just needs experience.

Holgate is a decent player and definitely useful in the future and obviously Caton has bags of energy and desire.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 10:22:39 »

holgate is the swindon ronaldinho! pook did alright i thought, at least he played a few forward through balls which is more than hewlett could do. lapham looks like he could be andy nicholas' little brother
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 10:26:56 »

I'm impressed with young Ashan Holgate, thought he showed a lot of desire when he came on.  Always looking to receive the ball, natural skillful footballer.  Lapham also looks good for the future.  Pooks alright, he's managed to fill the gap left by Hewlett alright.  Like others have said they all need some experience really.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 16:12:58 »

I thought all the youngsters did well except Caton. Now I am not bashing him at all, but he was too easily knocked off the ball, gave up on a couple and looked ineffective.

I hope he can come good and I am sure he just needs a bit of time to adjust from the stiffs to 1st team football. It should also be said that if  he reads this I have even seen Sam Parkin have similar games so don't panic yet!
Marie

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 16:23:42 »

Thought Caton looked lazy at times and thats not a good sign.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 16:27:14 »

Quote from: "Batch"
I thought all the youngsters did well except Caton. Now I am not bashing him at all, but he was too easily knocked off the ball, gave up on a couple and looked ineffective.

I hope he can come good and I am sure he just needs a bit of time to adjust from the stiffs to 1st team football. It should also be said that if  he reads this I have even seen Sam Parkin have similar games so don't panic yet!

And in fairness, Kingy has been saying all season that he's not ready for the first team yet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 16:27:20 »

Quote from: "Marie"
Thought Caton looked lazy at times and thats not a good sign.

You have to remember Caton played a full 120 minutes for the Youths then missed training with an injury.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 16:30:58 »

As I  ment to say, I don't think we should judge Caton on that one game.

Didn't realise he played the 120 mins for the youths and missed training either.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 9, 2005, 16:52:14 »

He's also only 17 and not exactly built like Rooney.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: