Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Chang - not funny' - Adver  (Read 81559 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 10:56:21 »

Another white elephant you will all have to pay for? The council belongs to the people of swindon, there may be some shit councillers there at the moment but the point of democracy is you can remove them, it's not about personalities for fucks sake. Unbelievable apathy.  No

Well I pay for all the other stupidty those cunts waste my taxes on, so yes. And to think that voting for a slightly different brand of bellend in some way helps is rather far-fetched in my opinion.

I utterly loathe and abominate SBC.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 17:40:58 »

Found this about Plymouth paying £135k a year for Home Park after they sold the ground back to the council and retaining a right to buy back at 12 times the annual rent. Makes our £200k a year plus maintenance and improvements being our responsibility a bit steep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-15354187
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 17:48:35 »

Found this about Plymouth paying £135k a year for Home Park after they sold the ground back to the council and retaining a right to buy back at 12 times the annual rent. Makes our £200k a year plus maintenance and improvements being our responsibility a bit steep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-15354187

But the rent goes up 150% if they get back to the Championship, and 300% for a first visit to the top flight.

The basic difference here, is that Plymuff council, are obviously aware of both the commercial and cultural importance to the city....no longer the case in Swindon.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 18:11:23 »

But the rent goes up 150% if they get back to the Championship, and 300% for a first visit to the top flight.

The basic difference here, is that Plymuff council, are obviously aware of both the commercial and cultural importance to the city....no longer the case in Swindon.

Or Donny paying £100k a year reduced to £10k in the first 10 years with the council paying £400k towards improvements. Interesting juxtaposition with Coventry's £1m a year rent in this.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-261212-559871.aspx

I guess in the ownership turmoil of since the Fitton/Black ownership we have not engaged SBC about moving forward
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 18:44:57 »

I guess in the ownership turmoil of since the Fitton/Black ownership we have not engaged SBC about moving forward

SBC's problem, is that the plan set in motion post war, has hit the buffers.  In essence, that was develop housing....often social housing and in return for increased revenues, look to attract companies, and build community facilities....so we got things like Oasis, Link, Wyvern, CG Ext athletics, Golf Course, Lydiard.  Big ideas like a University, could be seriously contemplated.

Unfortunately, toxic Thatcherite policy from a string of central and local governments, has left SBC with a rump of responsibilties, that can't be privatised....and having to take on board more private housing development, with inadequate infrastructure. 

Other societal changes, like in the world of retail, have left both officers and councillors giving a very decent impression of essentially washing their hands of the Town, and vaguely hoping the great God of laissez-faire capitalism will sort it out.

This leaves STFC in a very dodgy position, as laissez-faire capitalism would surely just close down such a loss making, venture, flog off the ground and build something more profitable....
kerry red

« Reply #140 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:27:54 »

At least this has now been sorted
Flashheart

« Reply #141 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:28:32 »

At least this has now been sorted

It has? Oh good!

What's next then?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:29:57 »

It has? Oh good!

What's next then?

Just refer to the font of knowledge on all things STFC, pop a look at OTIB.
kerry red

« Reply #143 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:34:58 »

It's on there?

FFS. I feel like I'm being stalked
Flashheart

« Reply #144 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:37:42 »

Oh for crying out load, it is on there as well.
Flashheart

« Reply #145 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:38:37 »

Ha ha. That's made me giggle. How very embarrassing.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:39:31 »

I'm am not sure how to take this quote from Sangita..

“We’re honourable, believe it or not,'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:40:21 »

Ha ha. That's made me giggle. How very embarrassing.

According to one, Town are the 'axis of evil' along with MKD.

They're getting creative.

kerry red

« Reply #148 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:43:24 »

I'm beginning to think it would be more fun watching them not getting promoted than us actually doing so!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #149 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 14:46:11 »

Oh for crying out load, it is on there as well.
Yes because they care.

Considering their infrastructure (or lack of) and wage bill now Di Canios era is pretty much 'gone', they are punching well above their weight.

There are much better run clubs in the divisions below.

It does still startle me on as to how they're maintaining their position. They've the potential to fall out of the top 6 as there seems to be a good chance of some 'movement' in January Wink

They are skint and struggling to keep up with regular running of a club. Swindon fans may think they got a little dosh, but they're on the brink.

Its good to have an insight into how OUR club is being run, especially by fans of other clubs Yawn

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: