Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Chang - not funny' - Adver  (Read 81554 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 20:34:31 »

That would be cutting our nose off to spite our face, no?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 21:04:27 »

Not if Power secures us a purpose built stadium which is ours without the hassles of being a Tennant.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 21:23:11 »

I mean the fans liking the CG becoming a white elephant for the council. I'm sure it would work for power but as a fan id think it disastrous to move to Bassett.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 21:42:29 »

Not specifically Bassett but somewhere non SBC.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 21:43:41 »

Wiltshire Council seem to like dumping developments right on the border at the moment. Maybe they have some land up for grabs.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 22:29:50 »

A move away from The County Ground is the only logical answer. If Power can secure funding and developers for a new stadium I hope we build it out of SBC area, I.e Wootton Bassett J16 etc. Would love to see SBC stuck with a white elephant they can't do jack shit with.

Then we can be like Colchester, Oxford, Northampton etc etc etc

And yearn for the days before we moved to a soulless concrete edifice 
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 22:31:23 »

There are lots of places to the north/north-west that wouldn't be the end of the world. Transport would be an issue with some but not with others such as somewhere just off the A419. For a bigger development there is an option of building near the train line and adding a station.

Not saying I'm necessarily in favour of it, but there are very limited development options with the current ground footprint even if the whole thing was demolished and rebuilt anew.

At minimum it's a strong argument to use as a bargaining chip with the council. Power making a few calls to Cheltenham FC and Wiltshire Council would put the wind up them and the councillors wouldn't want to be the ones that let the club move out of the borough.
Levi lapper

« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 22:47:00 »

The council,owning the freehold and us developing the ground is the best option for the club in the long run if they can make a deal stack up. A new ground in woot ton Bassett?
Fuck that shit, it's swindon town not Wiltshire football club.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 23:47:23 »

Then we can be like Colchester, Oxford, Northampton etc etc etc

And yearn for the days before we moved to a soulless concrete edifice 

Add Cardiff to that. I've yet to meet a Cardiff fan who wouldn't give their left bollock to be back at Ninian Park. Absolutely zero atmosphere apparently, even when they were doing well in the championship and in the premier.
Barry Scott

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 00:20:40 »

If it's sticking 2 fingers up to the council and landing them with another white elephant, I'm all for it. And I suppose the location of Swindon means we're lucky that we can move elsewhere. We've so many other close council's that we'd still be in Swindon, in all but name, but away from the comedy of ineptitude that is SBC. And regarding losing the atmosphere, I can only assume those commenters haven't attended for a while.
Levi lapper

« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 05:08:16 »

Another white elephant you will all have to pay for? The council belongs to the people of swindon, there may be some shit councillers there at the moment but the point of democracy is you can remove them, it's not about personalities for fucks sake. Unbelievable apathy.  No
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 07:04:41 »

Regardless of who's in the council, they couldn't give two shits about the football club.

Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 07:43:13 »

If Swindon has a population of 200,000, and 10,000 of them follow the Town (in my experience a good chunk of support comes from surrounding towns), then 1 in 20 residents gives a damn.

Therefore, STFC is quite rightly way down the list of council priorities, behind education, social services, roads, refuse etc etc.
STFC have agreed numerous deals with the council to pay rent on the CG, and have reneged on most of them.
If I was SBC, I would be glad to see the club leave, so I don't see what "hardball" the club can play.

And as for trying to seriously influence the council election with 5% of the electorate, then good luck.

I won't be popular for saying it, (and I'm the biggest advocate of staying at the CG) but that is the situation I'm afraid.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 10:23:45 »

Regardless of who's in the council, they couldn't give two shits about the football club.

Yes  End of subject.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 10:31:00 »

If Swindon has a population of 200,000, and 10,000 of them follow the Town (in my experience a good chunk of support comes from surrounding towns), then 1 in 20 residents gives a damn.

Almost.  Probably more like 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 gives a damn of some description.  And 1 in 20 gives enough of a damn to attend games regularly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: