Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Chang - not funny' - Adver  (Read 81558 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:24:08 »

or the phrase 'administration'

I come from a land down-under
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:25:11 »

Buzz-killington.

Perhaps one of our more jovial members could get the ground listed as available for rent on RightMove.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:35:44 »

You lot have got over-active imaginations and too much time on your hands.   Smiley
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:46:41 »

Let's say that SBC do reposses the CG....

We'd have to ground share, say with Cheltenham - not ideal even in the short term but we'd still be playing.

SBC on the other hand would have a football stadium with exactly zero other possible tenants. On top of the lost rent they'd be responsible for the upkeep, security, insurance, rates and so on. In total they'd probably be out £500k a year which they don't have and will have even less as their funding is cut further in the coming months/years.

Redeveloping it for other purposes wouldn't be easy and would take some time. There is the covenant, the community purchase right, planning permission, local opposition to the change of use and so on. Even if they sell it on the same issues apply.

In short, the CG is a white elephant and repossession would be a complete and utter disaster for SBC and the last thing they want. I'm guessing Power has come to a similar conclusion, has a potential backer lined up to redevelop the stadium and is thinking more and more that promotion to The Championship is a possibility. So he's decided now is the time to take SBC on, I'd guess he'd be looking to buy the ground or at minimum get a vastly reduce rent.

As regards the CG being repossessed next week, I'd say that claim is beyond complete and utter bollocks. There is only a few months arrears and a dispute over the payments and terms of the lease - no way in hell a judge would grant a repossession order especially at the first hearing.

This is the reason why sbc will always reject a new build stadium out of town.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
yogi bear

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:50:17 »

Not enough use of the word 'Swindle' to be OTIB.

I'm surprised it not breaking news on their thread as they've normally got their trolls keeping tabs on us. As an observation let's see how long it takes! Also they missed the copper Brighton link in the daily mail. Not as upto date as they like to think they are
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:59:53 »

SBC said the original lease is still in effect, on a month by month basis I believe. They used some special term to describe it, I'd guess it's similar to how a residential lease continues once the original period has expired.
The lease has expired however the club are holding over while a new is agreed so presently provisions remain as per expired lease remain in force unless agreed by both parties.

My only very slight concern and I doubt it would lead to repossession is that with an election coming up some smart arse councillor may be seeking to make a big deal about this and driving the council's agenda.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 18:36:11 »

The lease has expired however the club are holding over while a new is agreed so presently provisions remain as per expired lease remain in force unless agreed by both parties.

My only very slight concern and I doubt it would lead to repossession is that with an election coming up some smart arse councillor may be seeking to make a big deal about this and driving the council's agenda.
Yeah, some smart arse councillor like Councillor Dale "Grinner" Heenan, who according to some of his fellow councillors is definitely trying to be come a career politician!  He's already fucked up the roads around Swindon so fucking over the football club would be easy meat for him!!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 18:42:58 »

who according to some of his fellow councillors is definitely trying to be come a career politician!

This is a euphemism for cunt right?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 18:55:10 »

This is the reason why sbc will always reject a new build stadium out of town.

They wouldn't have any say if it was built outside the SBC boundary, which the Swindon urban area has already expanded out of in places.

What agenda though? Only positive outcome I can see for the councillor's is a long term lease or sale on Power's terms. Just needs Power to stand up to them and their aggressive stance becomes the house of cards it's always been.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 19:01:54 »

You lot have got over-active imaginations and too much time on your hands.   Smiley

Should be going to the games instead.....ouch Wink
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 19:16:50 »

Should be going to the games instead.....ouch Wink
soapy tit wank, but all the councillors and mp's will be going to games as election day looms - photo opportunity etc. 
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 19:22:41 »

The only bus lane that is open to regular traffic in Swindon is on Polaris Way. It also happens to be right next to North Star House - Dale Heenan's place of work.

Surely a coincidence though.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 19:25:04 »

soapy tit wank, but all the councillors and mp's will be going to games as election day looms - photo opportunity etc.  

Good shout that.
Too far away to know the ins and outs of the Swindon Council. However just wish we had a few die hard Swindon fans on the Council who wanted the best for the Club.
The CG needs an upgrade for sure.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 19:51:02 »

What agenda though? Only positive outcome I can see for the councillor's is a long term lease or sale on Power's terms. Just needs Power to stand up to them and their aggressive stance becomes the house of cards it's always been.

'Look at me serving the people of Swindon,  this club have taken the piss for years not paying the rent etc! I have played hard ball with them, taken no shit threatened court and secured a new lease on preferential terms for SBC' A bit of spin and councillor makes name for himself.

FWIW I don't see it going so far but by getting all this shit out into the media early doors I cannot believe that someone at the council has a reason for this!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 20:32:51 »

A move away from The County Ground is the only logical answer. If Power can secure funding and developers for a new stadium I hope we build it out of SBC area, I.e Wootton Bassett J16 etc. Would love to see SBC stuck with a white elephant they can't do jack shit with.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: