Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Chang - not funny' - Adver  (Read 81552 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 06:01:50 »

Oh grow up for fuck's sake, it was only moved to another thread.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 10:43:09 »

I don't really know what to make of this. What has anyone got to gain from publicising any of this crap?

At least it's given our friends over on OTIB another reason to bust out the 'Swindle' word again. We all know how much they love that.

By the sounds of it the council leaked this to the adver, and it is coming up to that time of year again when they start rumblings on council tax freezing or going up and how they have no money, will have to cut x, y & z service to manage so this is probably a nice distraction they can say we are short of money as STFC owe us 50k, but we are being good and trying to recover this.

Odd if they are in discussions that they should claim they are going to court, surely you discuss until you reach an impasse and then use a neuteral body to mediate this type of claim.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 11:30:49 »

I'm gonna read between the lines again, I think this is something to do with the trip to Australia, I suspect there is an angle here we cant yet see, possibly manoeuvring to buy the ground back maybe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 11:59:35 »

I'm gonna read between the lines again, I think this is something to do with the trip to Australia, I suspect there is an angle here we cant yet see, possibly manoeuvring to buy the ground back maybe.

The club have never owned the ground....
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 13:19:40 »

According to the BBC the club pay the council 17k a month rent plus all up keep costs which is 200k plus per year.Power is basically saying it is too much to pay for a staduim that is delapidated and costs will only go up.He is looking for a better deal for the club and in my opinion the council should be wary ,if we move out they will loose all the rental income plus they will be responsible for the upkeep.Ontop of this the land can only be used for sporting activity which was stipulated by the Goddard estate when it donated the land to the town of Swindon so worthless for development.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 14:14:31 »

The council have a duty to realise the revenue though. Its unfair on local taxpayers to do otherwise.

I'm pretty sure they could get round that covenant too.
Levi lapper

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 14:26:08 »

By the sounds of it the council leaked this to the adver, and it is coming up to that time of year again when they start rumblings on council tax freezing or going up and how they have no money, will have to cut x, y & z service to manage so this is probably a nice distraction they can say we are short of money as STFC owe us 50k, but we are being good and trying to recover this.

Odd if they are in discussions that they should claim they are going to court, surely you discuss until you reach an impasse and then use a neuteral body to mediate this type of claim.

Given that Local Authorities will have lost 45% of their Central Government funding between 2007 - 2017 it's not surprising that  they're going after the money. It would be a good time to try and buy the ground, not sure it would be good for the club in the long term though.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 14:37:43 »

Ontop of this the land can only be used for sporting activity which was stipulated by the Goddard estate when it donated the land to the town of Swindon so worthless for development.
That is easily bought out and I think people have alluded to the wording being leisure activities which would include shopping depending on how broad you take the definition to be.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 15:02:46 »

According to the BBC the club pay the council 17k a month rent plus all up keep costs which is 200k plus per year.Power is basically saying it is too much to pay for a staduim that is delapidated and costs will only go up.He is looking for a better deal for the club and in my opinion the council should be wary ,if we move out they will loose all the rental income plus they will be responsible for the upkeep.Ontop of this the land can only be used for sporting activity which was stipulated by the Goddard estate when it donated the land to the town of Swindon so worthless for development.

The club, might look at a ground share with Supermarine as a possibilty, if moving out is on the cards....maybe the DRS could be recycled, existing capacity at Hunt's Copse  is 3K DRS must be near on 3K, so enough of a capacity in the short term, whilst a bit more development is carried out.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 15:04:30 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 16:14:21 »

The club, might look at a ground share with Supermarine as a possibilty, if moving out is on the cards....maybe the DRS could be recycled, existing capacity at Hunt's Copse  is 3K DRS must be near on 3K, so enough of a capacity in the short term, whilst a bit more development is carried out.

Pretty sure its 4600
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 16:21:18 »

Pretty sure its 4600

Even better....4600+ 3000 at Hunt's Copse = 7,600.... about the amount on Saturday.  So could possibly be done ready for 15/16, if the club serve notice on SBC
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 16:21:43 »

Oh fuck off Reg.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 16:24:42 »

Oh fuck off Reg.
Christmas is great in the Smeeton household
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia