Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The New Manager Rumour Samdy's Moobs are feeling tender Thread  (Read 47504 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:32:47 »

At a wild stab in the dark how about Steve Clarke?

Can't see Liverpool letting him go.

Or Paul Clement at Chelsea.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:35:25 by Dazzza » Logged

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:36:46 »

Jesus Christ another one.  Roll Eyes

Another one what, please?
Dazzza

« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:37:35 »

C'mon Reg give us a clue!

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:39:56 »

C'mon Reg give us a clue!

Lionel Blair!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Dazzza

« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:54:31 »

Lionel Blair!

With Michael Parkinson....

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 22:58:26 »

Jesus Christ another one.  Roll Eyes

I see what you mean now - I've just read the thread in the News section. Sorry, but I don't read through everything on TEF just to ensure that a post is completely up to date and relevant.

As with what appears to be a minority of others, I'd feel uncomfortable if Di Canio became manager, unless his fascist views had changed. Addmitedly, I have not read his autobiography and don't know his precise views on the Italian fascist era, but the combination of having fasces and Duce tattoos (if that is correct), saluting commrades (presumably directed at the fascist element of the Lazio Ultras) and admitting to being a fascist (not a political persuasion I sympathise with), all contribute to my sense of discomfort.

I can accept that most don't care either way, that politics and sport should be separate, that some don't think that Di Canio's past actions, tattoos etc immediately equate him to being a racist / suprematist / imperialist etc. I can also understand why a lot of people would see his appointment as exciting, refreshing etc. I admit I'd find the reaction to his appointment very interesting, and I certainly won't burn my renewed season ticket in protest. As I mentioned above, from my point of view the board would have to give a good explanation as to why he was considered appropriate to manage STFC - it could be simply that the board are adamant that someone's political views are in their eyes completely irrelevant.

If this post makes you want to roll your eyes and call to the heavens in exasperation again, well, so be it. Your's and Paul's posts on the News thread made for some interesting reading. As did the opinions of others. I do find it slightly worrying that the discussion on fascism, Nazism, Hitler, Mussolini etc has not raised a greater level of discomfort about the possible appointment of Di Canio. After all, the defeat of fascism (German, Italian and Spanish) was one of the reasons why some people from Britain (and presumably including Swindon) fought in the Spanish Civil War and in WWII.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 06:48:25 »

Some candidates that are to be interviewed.

Paolo Di Canio - Interviewed yesterday - no management experience but has all his UEFA coaching badges & has a lot of contacts in the footballing game according to BBC Radio Swindon

George Burley - To be interviewed but boasts a wealth of managerial experience

Paul Trollope -  Ex Rovers Manager his success plummeted after Lennie Lawrence left Rovers

Paul Bodin- Fans favourite but boasts little experience in management and little contacts in the footballing game.  Would need help from someone more experienced to assist him.

This leaves 4 more which bookies are speculating to be Jim Magilton, Graham Rix & 2 others
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 06:59:17 »

Jesus Christ another one. 

... so that leaves one other then.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:25:17 »

Of the names listed so far its Burley for me, he's got tonnes of experience, could do better than league two having managed in the premier league/uefa cup and internationally. At ipswich he developed a strong youth system with the likes of Dyer/Wright/Bramble etc coming through, he had them playing great footy as well. If he has applied i cant see hoe they over look him for Di Canio or Trollope.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:37:14 »

I mentioned Burley about a week ago, fell on deaf ears.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #325 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:37:45 »

I mentioned Burley about a week ago, fell on deaf ears.

No not at all, I noticed you mention him in 2 threads Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:44:31 »

George Burley is a no brainer if he is on the list, I have my doubts he's on the list tho and if he was would he want to manage in league 2 unless wray can sell him that the club has potential long term.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:44:42 »

I'd be happy with Burley (I'm surprised nobody mentioned him before  Wink), Di Canio or Houghton as the expensive options. No to Rix, but if Hoddle's putting in money then it makes it very slightly more palatable. Magscummer no! Trollope and Money are the safe cheap boring options, so these are the ones the board will pick.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:53:14 »

Di Canio would be the risky option, but could well pay off.
Burley would be the safe appointment, a great manager with good experience and if he's after the job, then he would probably be my first choice to be honest.

He could still easily get a job at a Championship club, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Sheffield United or somewhere bigger than us. But if he has applied and wants to come here, then great, would be a cracking appointment.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 09:10:22 »

Ooooh, Burley... I'll take him please. If not him, Di Canio.

I have a real, genuine worry they might take Rix for the Hoddle link up.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: