Poll
Question: wolud you support pay for afc swindon?  (Voting closed: Saturday, December 8, 2007, 21:40:02)
yes - 38 (44.2%)
no we'll never die we'll never die we'll keep the red flag flying high - 48 (55.8%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: afc swindon  (Read 8015 times)
dell boy

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, December 9, 2007, 14:13:22 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
Quote from: "Christy"

Useless fact for you....I went to Aldershot in the early 80's for a Boxing Day fixture, it was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch. So as to not completely waste my time, I did a walk just outside Newbury up to an Iron Age hillfort called Beacon Hill. Stumbling about in the rain and gloom I discovered the grave of Lord Caernarvon, who was supposedly cursed by funding the discovery of Tutankaman's tomb, and being around the excavation....he died soon after.

Fuck me, I knew there must have been better options than going on to Tottenham - West Ham that day.

85th minute winner from Steve Perryman....I doin't suppose for a minute you'd have thought that Ardiles and Hoddle would be the next 2 managers of STFC....Mickey Hazard and Paul Allen would play for the Town and Tony Galvin would have been assistant manager.

If I go somewhere, I always try and have a bit of a stumble round, or somewhere on the way.  Get to see bits of the country you'd otherwise wouldn't know existed.[/quote]

In my younger days having a stumble around in strange towns got me in a lot of trouble. Soapy Tit Wank
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, December 10, 2007, 10:20:59 »

Reg, the Rent on the CG is based on the clubs turnover, so it's quite possible a small sized non league club habitting the site could get a fair deal on the rent.  If you imagine we'd be playing in front of 500 hardy souls lets say, then you could reasonably expect 1/10th the rent we pay right now so about £20k a year.  That's less than a very small shop in town.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, December 10, 2007, 18:06:49 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Reg, the Rent on the CG is based on the clubs turnover, so it's quite possible a small sized non league club habitting the site could get a fair deal on the rent.  If you imagine we'd be playing in front of 500 hardy souls lets say, then you could reasonably expect 1/10th the rent we pay right now so about £20k a year.  That's less than a very small shop in town.

Fair points, but it presumes SBC is a reasonable landlord....given that the lease as stands only has a short time to run, its more likely SBC would inssit this be honoured and use a failure to evict the club and sell off the land.
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, December 10, 2007, 19:15:51 »

Expect SBC to use any failure, as reason to change the way the land is used. IMO there would be little sympathy towards providing a ground for an AFC Swindon as it would not be demonstrable as a "best value" use of such a large facility.

Plus SBC have never convinced me that they give a monkeys about being altruistic!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: