Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ronaldo "The Slave" - by Sepp Blatter  (Read 1124 times)
Elvis

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 07:54:31 »

I'm so tempted to contact the charity/organisation that deals with slavery (I remember there being some anniversary events this year) and getting Blatter to formally apologise for calling a man who is as rich as rich can be a slave, when people over the years have been real slave chained together working for nothing etc.

Not usually angered by comments like this but Blatter has an uncanny knack of getting on my nerves. 
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 08:39:14 »

Blatter is a cunt. He really should learn to keep his gob shut. In all my years of watching football, I think I have only agreed with one thing he has actually said!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 09:05:06 »

Aaagh it's Prince all over again. He'll be known as TFFKAR soon.

If you get offered shit loads and you sign a contract tough luck IMHO. It's free choice not slavery.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 11:08:48 »

cant blatter ber removed from his postition?
the bloke is a fucking idiot
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 11:20:50 »

whats he done?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Elvis

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 11:22:31 »

Just stated that Man Utd not selling Ronaldo was a kin to the club treating the poor portugueezer like a slave.  A slave???  In that case I wish I was a slave, sounds like a cushy existance to me.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 11:25:56 »

If Blatter's right then shouldn't he be playing for City?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 11:55:06 »

Maybe he has a point.

In what other profesion could you be forced to stay working somewhere you dont want to?

Maybe its time for a massive rethink of footballers contracts?Lets face it the current system doesnt work,contracts are worth nothing.If a player wants to go he can basically go anyway so why have all the fuss and fighting that we have now.

I dont know the answer.Perhaps season long "pay as you play" contracts for the top players.If you are injured,suspended or out of form you dont get paid,that might help them realise the benefits of having longer deals and sticking to them.
Perhaps no transfers of players under 20 and a percentage of players salarys going to the "feeder" club that brought them through and no transfer fee's at all?Maybe an American style Draft of of the top rated players when they reach a certain age.

/
W56196272
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 12:40:10 »

Agree Yeovil, something needs to be done but I've fuck all idea what it is.  Although the ronaldo point is slightly changed by the fact he signed a 5 year deal last year, for which he is very well compensated and no-one forced him to do.

The current system seems outdated and gay, but you cant have freedom of labour like virtually any other industry as any player showing signs of ability would end up at a bigger club within months, and for no compo. It would spell the end of the sport.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 15:35:20 »

The same thing is creeping into cricket....players are being enticed for big bucks into 20,20 cricket,and not signing contracts to play for there countrys.....theres no buisness like show buisness and thats what football is now.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 16:33:32 »

Maybe he has a point.

In what other profesion could you be forced to stay working somewhere you dont want to?

He could leave and get another job, that's not slavery.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 16:43:05 »

I think Blatter's comments are ignorant, offensive and ill informed. A) what has ronaldo's transfer got to do with him? It's between united, ronaldo and real madrid. b) How can you compare the oppression of slavery to playing football and getting paid £100k a week?! What an abhorrent comment to make. c) Ronaldo has brought all of this on himself. He has not once come out and said: "I want to leave United and play for Real Madrid". Until he does that then why would United sell him?! Ask for a transfer request and they'll have to reluctantly cash in. This whole debacle has come as a result of Ronaldo not telling anyone what he wants to do. If I was fergie I'd sack him off anyway, take the money and tell him to jog on. D) and this is the biggie, both ronaldo and United signed a contact. He willingly signed a contract saying he would stay at United for five years. If he didn't want to stay for five years then more fool him. All United are doing are asking their employee to uphold their end of the bargain, which he willingly signed!!!

Blatter and Platini need to stop their blatant disregard for English football, it's embarassing. I hope we win 2010 World Cup (not likely)...

Together with the football league's decision to punish Luton to the tune of 30 points, it makes me despair at the state of football at the moment. Idiots at every level.
Elvis

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 20:42:13 »

Juddie I agree, whilst Yeovil has a point regarding the current transfer system, my main gripe was with the comparison to slavery - which is disgraceful.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 07:56:01 »

Unfortunately sport administration at the highest level these days,whether it's FIFA,Uefa,

FA,Football League or even the ICC and ECB in cricket, is in a terrible state.Blatter has always had

a history of coming out with ludicrous comments,so you can add his latest one to a long line.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 11, 2008, 09:51:30 »

I also couldn't beleive Ronaldo then came out and praised/agreed with Blatter's statement. Meh, he's a very good footballer but he's not worth the time and energy.

I am immune to anything Sepp and Michel say - they just can't get any more dumber sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: