Poll
Question: Should The Trust Support/Organise a Protest?  (Voting closed: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 18:12:41)
Yes - 36 (80%)
No - 6 (13.3%)
Unsure - 3 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should The Trust Support/Organise a Protest?  (Read 3555 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 09:24:24 »

I was doing a little bit of background reading on the Blackpool situation when their fans basically had a boycott for what seemed like years.

https://thesetpieces.com/latest-posts/turning-back-love-blackpool-fans-enduring-protests/

Ultimately, the take away part for me was this sentence -

"A week on from a joint-protest between Blackburn and Blackpool fans at Ewood Park, in which a rain-soaked demonstration and shower of tennis balls grabbed a good deal of media attention outside of Lancashire, this is back to the grind of weekly protest. Outside the Jimmy Armfield statue, Blackpool Supporters’ Club deputy chairman Christine Seddon is handing out flyers, urging away fans not to spend any extra money on programmes and pies."

I think it basically confirms that the only real way to get media attention is going down the lobbing tennis balls onto the pitch

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 09:49:40 »

Makes sense, and thats sort of my point. Its far more effective still attending games and making protests in some form, than it is for 10-20% of people to just not turn up, and those that do barely protest.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 10:40:04 »

(Sorry Bennett)

The Trust stopped being a serious outfit for me when Jed McROARy bought the club for a quid.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 10:41:29 »

You are dead to me, you know I was definitely on the board when that happened

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 11:13:52 »

Not sure we are the stage of concerted organised protest just yet.

A bombardment of tennis balls would need to be in the hundreds to be effective for example.

Some chanting in the remaining home games might be a good start if only to gauge the degree of push back, if any.

Apathy & disenchantment should turn to an anger which encompasses the ownership if the current downward spiral  of form continues on to its logical conclusion next season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: