Poll
Question: If there was a fan ownership bid to buy a controlling stake in STFC, with a proper prospectus and backed by the Football Supporters' Association, how much would you be prepared to pay for a share?
£100 - 15 (19.7%)
£250 - 17 (22.4%)
£500 - 22 (28.9%)
£1000 or more - 15 (19.7%)
I wouldn't buy a community share - 7 (9.2%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fan ownership  (Read 6313 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:36:43 »

What if the Trust could scare up the funds to buy the gruesome twosome 22,%  and get a place on the board

Most realistic way of getting fans involved I suspect.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:37:21 »

Doubt they would sell that 22%.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:40:24 »

Which is why you press for it, get them on record.  You said you welcome fan engagement, well' we'd like to buy the 22% of shares you sold off, helping you keep your own cash and ensuring the fans have a real voice at the same time.  Over to you Clem and Co.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:42:26 »

Am I right in thinking that minority shareholdings are a bit vulnerable to being diluted via new share offerings though? Isn't that how Fitton cleaned out all the small shareholders way back when?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:45:37 »

Who knows what they are getting back for their 22%. Plus I doubt Clem et al would be happy with ‘outsiders’ sticking their noses into the club.

It’d have to all or nothing unfortunately.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:46:05 »

Am I right in thinking that minority shareholdings are a bit vulnerable to being diluted via new share offerings though? Isn't that how Fitton cleaned out all the small shareholders way back when?

Yes - you need the rules in the Articles and Memorandum of Association of how such event can be carried out.  You'd need to ensure the shares were indeed protected from being diluted - although, to do that, the other party would need to be in a position to buy-up the new shares.  Hence why I think the Trust should pay for expert support.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 15:57:58 »

Doubt the hangers on at the club want full transparency it would bring either and wouldn't allow it to happen.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 16:19:39 »

What's the problem with Exeter? They appear to be doing much better than us.

They have just recently sold a majority of the club shareholding to Huw Jenkins ex Swansea owner after coming to the realization that the money that the club needed to survive was going to be tough to find, so the Trust agreed to sell and are now minority shareholders.

They have done well over the years but owning a football club is not easy, at times does require a cash injection to keep it running, yes, I'm sure stfc income is better than Exeter but still not enough at the moment to be debt free and able to wash its face freely.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 16:23:33 »

They have just recently sold a majority of the club shareholding to Huw Jenkins ex Swansea owner after coming to the realization that the money that the club needed to survive was going to be tough to find, so the Trust agreed to sell and are now minority shareholders.

They have done well over the years but owning a football club is not easy, at times does require a cash injection to keep it running, yes, I'm sure stfc income is better than Exeter but still not enough at the moment to be debt free and able to wash its face freely.

Newport.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 16:24:41 »

Newport.

Same thing applies though  

I know what I meant
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 22:14:41 »

Hence why going after the 22% is a goal they could aspire to.

Set-up a separate group (likely using the existing legal entity of the Trust still though) designed to focus all their attention on purchasing those shares and then managing them once transferred.  Similar to how the JV is designed to work, a person or two people, get voted onto a 'Board" which in turn operates as the conduit to the clubs actual Board.  Negotiations would be needed with Clem to get on the clubs Board and determine the % voting rights they would receive, because 22% will not deliver anything on its own.

Those who remain on the general Trust Board can then focus on whatever else is left.

The Club Share ownership rep/duo will likely then need to arrange a team to support them.

I'd also pay for someone to come onboard with the Trust to ensure they do this full belts and braces.  A Fixed Term contract for two years let's say.  Enough to manage it through to implementation and a bit beyond.

No reason why an independent working groups of fans shouldn’t start this process, and consult with the Trust and OSC. If either organisation wanted to adopt community ownership as a strategic objective (in full or part) then this group could become affiliated with them.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 22:25:24 by doversparkred » Logged
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 22:21:56 »

Hence why going after the 22% is a goal they could aspire to.

Set-up a separate group (likely using the existing legal entity of the Trust still though) designed to focus all their attention on purchasing those shares and then managing them once transferred.  Similar to how the JV is designed to work, a person or two people, get voted onto a 'Board" which in turn operates as the conduit to the clubs actual Board.  Negotiations would be needed with Clem to get on the clubs Board and determine the % voting rights they would receive, because 22% will not deliver anything on its own.

Those who remain on the general Trust Board can then focus on whatever else is left.

The Club Share ownership rep/duo will likely then need to arrange a team to support them.

I'd also pay for someone to come onboard with the Trust to ensure they do this full belts and braces.  A Fixed Term contract for two years let's say.  Enough to manage it through to implementation and a bit beyond.

Plenty of local fans with direct experience of this, me included, who would do it for free.  A few years ago I introduced Clem to Supporters Direct (now Football Supporters Association) who helped broker the Bath City takeover, but he was still Vice Chair and had no meaningful influence at the time. Buying the 22% shares and getting a fan on the board feels like a no brainer to me. Has any fan group suggested this to the club?
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 25, 2024, 22:26:24 by doversparkred » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 09:03:05 »

Plenty of local fans with direct experience of this, me included, who would do it for free.  A few years ago I introduced Clem to Supporters Direct (now Football Supporters Association) who helped broker the Bath City takeover, but he was still Vice Chair and had no meaningful influence at the time. Buying the 22% shares and getting a fan on the board feels like a no brainer to me. Has any fan group suggested this to the club?

So you know Clem?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 26, 2024, 16:42:12 »

So you know Clem?

I read it more that they have associated with Clem in terms of referring him to SD but ''know'' him - probably not  

Cue, post containing extensive knowledge of Clem's pet cats and his obsession with farming stick insects...or something  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 27, 2024, 15:39:18 »

So you know Clem?

A few meetings in 2017/18 when he was vice chair - I sent him a message on LinkedIn and he called me! - but v little contact since he took over. He was very generous and listened to all my ideas, and always replies to messages. But I haven’t seen or spoken to him for ages.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: