Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39382 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:09:14 »

Also, I thought he dealt well with some horrendous back passes he received today from Prutton and Ferry.

I also think (and could be wrong) he has been instructed to kick it to Pericard (when he is playing)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:10:45 »

I also think (and could be wrong) he has been instructed to kick it to Pericard (when he is playing)

Agreed but for the love of God I hope we are wrong mate
Panda Paws

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:12:36 »

Deluded

He should not have to kick every ball if the fucking lazy fucking cunts in front of him gave him a few fucking options. I felt sorry for him today. I thought he played well but was forced to hoof all the time because we have got a team full of cunts who dont give a flying fuck

Thought I might get some stick for that. He can't kick though, never has been able to. I can't remember him doing doing much of note as neither side created a great deal.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #318 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:17:46 »

We can wax lyrical about Wilson going now all we want but the club have very swiftly come out and said that this will not happen. So we all need to accept that unless we get absolutely dicked at The Valley (which, let us be honest, could happen) he will remain.

Wilson's form of keeping Town up in 2009 and getting us to Wembley in 2010 has certainly worked in his favour.

It's a 'results business' and we are lacking but sacking probably isn't prudent.

I honestly don't know. I've spent most of this evening pro-Wilson but I don't know whether we can further ourselves under him.

I hate us being shit and one thing is for sure I don't want us going down into League Two.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:20:21 »

Now you are talking rubbish.

Smith has always been able to kick and kick well, which is why I think he is following instructions as to where/who to kick it to.

Sometimes your pass is only as good as the person receiving it.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:22:28 »

Thought I might get some stick for that. He can't kick though, never has been able to. I can't remember him doing doing much of note as neither side created a great deal.

Our best attack came from a quickly thrown ball from Smith to Caddis in the second half. Balls into feet or along the deck for players to run on to should be our game plan.

We have probably got the shortest team in the league, and yet we still endeavor pumping long balls up top only to see them come straight fucking back at us 15 seconds later.

That is the managers fault.

He should really fall on his sword and fuck the fuck off
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #321 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:22:42 »

We can wax lyrical about Wilson going now all we want but the club have very swiftly come out and said that this will not happen. So we all need to accept that unless we get absolutely dicked at The Valley (which, let us be honest, could happen) he will remain.

Wilson's form of keeping Town up in 2009 and getting us to Wembley in 2010 has certainly worked in his favour.

It's a 'results business' and we are lacking but sacking probably isn't prudent.

I honestly don't know. I've spent most of this evening pro-Wilson but I don't know whether we can further ourselves under him.

I hate us being shit and one thing is for sure I don't want us going down into League Two.

I understand that but how can this board keep him in a job, Seriously? He can't keep living off last year, It's over and done with he's got to be judged on the here and now, His signings haven't worked out for one reason or another, I think he lacks motivation skills and his tactics and subs are questionable not to mention that whenever we go behind we know we aren't going to win because he lacks a plan B and cannot change a game!

I think he should go now, We will only get dicked on Monday on live tv.
Panda Paws

« Reply #322 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:26:21 »

He should really fall on his sword and fuck the fuck off

On that we can agree.

And I'd be more than happy for Smith (or Lucas) to bowl early as much as possible.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:26:44 »

We have probably got the shortest team in the league, and yet we still endeavor pumping long balls up top only to see them come straight fucking back at us 15 seconds later.

Agreed. Either Wilson is telling them to do it or he isn't telling them not to. The number of times we lost the ball due to an aimless long ball in the first half was ridiculous, I gave up counting at 20 times. Fucking pointless.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #324 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:34:16 »

I'm not necessarily supporting the actions of the board and I try and avoid looking at previous seasons as reasons/excuses to keep a manager. However, there is something about the idea of sacking Danny Wilson that makes me nervous.

Perhaps it's because Iffy Onuora didn't do much when he replaced Andy King? Perhaps it's because we still struggled when Wilson took over from Malpas?

I don't know. I guess it goes down to that unpredictable action of adequately replacing the manager because the board cannot guarentee that a new appointment will work out. What if we're left with Shirtliff? or Bodin? What if we appoint someone that produces an almighty cry of 'meh' from the fanbase and is never given a fair chance? In fairness, Wilson was hardly given a rapturous welcome was he!

Apologies I'm 'thinking out loud'.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:36:12 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #325 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:43:00 »

There's a lack of movement on the pitch which leads to the hoof balls.

Smith doesn't like to play it out through the defense because he knows 50% of the time he'll get a dodgy back-pass back and he panics. His kicking isn't good, it never has been and he isn't confident enough to leather it with his left foot in times when it's needed.

For what it's worth, I don't think Smith had a bad game and shouldn't be a scapegoat to a poor team performance.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #326 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:44:59 »

If Fitton has said we're sticking with Wilson then why did he set the 3 targets - 2 of which Wilson has failed and the third is now laughable that it could be achieved. He'd be better saying regardless of what the fuck he does, he's staying. Setting the targets sets the fans expectations and I think most of us thought they were achievable but to be knocked out of 3 cups at home to Orient, Brentford and Crawley is disgraceful. If I didn't hit my targets at worked I'd be fucked.

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:46:00 »

from what i've seen,smiths kicking at best is average for a goal keeper.at times it's fucking awful.
can't comment on today as i didn't go.
with a lump like pericard up top it's always going to go long.nothing new there. been doing it for ages now
flammableBen

« Reply #328 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:47:41 »

I have enough faith in Fitton to think he'll be looking at his options. I don't think he's the sort of person who'd put question marks over the manager's position until he's going to actually act.

He publicly supported Malpas right up to the point where he took action didn't he?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #329 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:47:50 »

but we're so fucking dumb that we still do it when Pericard isn't there, like for an hour today.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: